Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rdragon20045 said:
the rom works for me until i create my character after that all i get is a black screen i use acekard2i would it be that i patch the rom wrong or something else

do you have akaio 1.8.1 as it is confirmed working wothout a patch in that version

Saionji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Guys someone test PKM Sender on Black or White?
Because if i transfer my pokemon by Pokesav from SS to White in "Received From" i have "????"
Il try it on my Manaphy i received him by Mistery Gift from "NZ"... If i change "????" to "NZ" its change Numerical value... I need save original value but how... I don't know...

zht1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sank u, but u got the story text translation thing, so y didn't u add those text patch in there or is those coming in v5?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zht1997 said:
sank u, but u got the story text translation thing, so y didn't u add those text patch in there or is those coming in v5?
If I deciphered what you are saying correctly.. are you asking about since we have the translated story, why can we just insert it into the game and call it done?

Well, the thing about the text file is it isn't formatted to hoe the game can read it, so we have to insert all the line breaks and such which takes some time. But you will see more of the story from that text file in the next version of the patch.

Shinjiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nih said:
I followed every step closely but still have a problem patching the English patch.
xDelta GUI doesn't create a new file with '_patched' at the end of its name.
Actually, it doesn't do anything at all, even after 10 minutes of waiting.
Yet my computer progresses at decent speed.

Edit: I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed and also tried with v3.

Try doing it manually through command prompt, I had this problem and it worked for me.

navigate to the folder with everything in and it's something like this

xdelta.exe patch "patchfile.patch" "gamerom.nds" "outputfilename.nds"

Without the "" of course. Or just try the .bat file I made myself so in future I don't have to mess around with command prompt but you'll have to use the set filenames I set in the bat file whilst patching. Just read the instruction.txt file included if you decide to use it.
happy.gif

Translation Patch .bak

mrspeacock88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nih said:
I followed every step closely but still have a problem patching the English patch.
xDelta GUI doesn't create a new file with '_patched' at the end of its name.
Actually, it doesn't do anything at all, even after 10 minutes of waiting.
Yet my computer progresses at decent speed.

Edit: I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed and also tried with v3.
Look closely at the xdelta program are you sure you have xdelta gui and not xdelta ui.
Xdelta gui works with .patch files and xdelta ui doesnt

Dawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why didnt you guys keep the ''old way'' patching?
Dont really understand the other one. I move the rom to the ''patch'' and it just stops.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dawn said:
Why didnt you guys keep the ''old way'' patching?
Dont really understand the other one. I move the rom to the ''patch'' and it just stops.
If it were me I would have kept the other patching method, but I guess Kaarosu chose to do the current patching method because it saves him making eight more patches.

I guess you could go to Project Pokemon and ask Kaarosu if he could revert to the "old way" again if you want.

mastxxpkmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting really frustrated and i'd like if someone could help me: Is there any possible way to english patch a rom that has been patched with the anti piracy patch? i've been trying everything and i can't seem to work it

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malletboo said:
How long until fully translated?

Well, Given that they are still working on it, I'd say a day after the day people stop begging about it.

Sorry to be blunt.

Oh, and their updates have been weekly thus far, so most likely this weekend we might see another patch that is further along. Possibly.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malletboo said:
How long until fully translated?
The translation team will not beable to make a fully translated patch because that is just too much work. But you will have a fully translated version of the game this spring
wink.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently updated the 'Patching Instructions' portion of my first post. Hopefully this will cut down on most of the problems encountered when people are patching their game
wink.gif

mastxxpkmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastxxpkmn said:
Im getting really frustrated and i'd like if someone could help me: Is there any possible way to english patch a rom that has been patched with the anti piracy patch? i've been trying everything and i can't seem to work it

bumping it for a response

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastxxpkmn said:
So are you saying you downloaded a pre-patched ROM from the internet and you want to patch that one with the translation patch?

D

Deleted User

mastxxpkmn said:
mastxxpkmn said:

bumping it for a response

That's pretty much the equivalent of asking for a rom link. It won't happen, I'm guessing the reason it won't work is b/c it's already been patched with a translation patch as well. You can't just slap patches on one after another, it's why a clean copy is necessary/recommended

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I2aven's_Sage said:
That's pretty much the equivalent of asking for a rom link. It won't happen, I'm guessing the reason it won't work is b/c it's already been patched with a translation patch as well. You can't just slap patches on one after another, it's why a clean copy is necessary/recommended
Thats exactly what I was thinking. If you are going to use this translation on your Pokemon B/W game, make sure you use a "Clean" game. Not one that has been patched in any way before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't