dbzgotenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zkajavier said:
dbzgotenks said:
So is the beta v2 suppose to have any translations done? I just patched a Pokemon White rom and on the title screen it has the pokemon project logo where it should say Gamefreak, but none of the text/moves/descriptions/items have been translated on my game. I'm not sure if it is suppose to have any, I found out about this topic like 20 minutes ago so I haven't read much of it except the 1st few posts and the last page, and judging by that, it seems like it should have some translations. Did I patch it wrong or something?

I guess you're playing a saved game.. in-game on the options.. before the last choice.. you can pick from Romaji or Kanji (I think) if you have patched the rom, there will be English instead of one of those.. check that.

Yeah I was playing a previously saved game. I did that thing with the options and it worked! Thank you very much!
yaynds.gif

iGiac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the patch, but I can't seem to get it to work because it's a PATCH file and not an xdelta file.

How do I fix this?

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
the official kazo page didnt update anythin and neither is there anythin on project pokemon.so where is the link of patch v3 and what is the changelog

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jxthemafia said:
the official kazo page didnt update anythin and neither is there anythin on project pokemon.so where is the link of patch v3 and what is the changelog
Got to Kazo and Kaarosu's main thread here.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
jxthemafia said:

There's no changelog... seems like it's still the V2, but the download says "V3" (Yes, in the project oficial website too). So dunno whats going on O.o

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iGiac said:
I downloaded the patch, but I can't seem to get it to work because it's a PATCH file and not an xdelta file.

How do I fix this?
Go to my first post and look under Troubleshooting. You should find the xDelta download there.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
thanks spenstar now one question i have already patched mine with v2 should i now patch it with exp fix or not?and what is the changelog

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spenstar said:
iGiac said:

How do I fix this?
Go to my first post and look under Troubleshooting. You should find the xDelta download there.
No, he meant that he's using a version of xDelta that uses only patches that have the .xdelta file extensions. You guys seem to be using a .patch file extension.

Also, you lied. Those logos in your sig aren't in the game (the english logos you put in the game are different)

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well as i can see the changelog is:

-Pokemon B/W logo have changed.
-PC Orders like Move,Party etc. are translated.
-The Attack names have been edited.(Like Zekrom's Attack Cross Thunder)
-Most of the items and Descryptions are translated.
-Some parts of the Pokedex have been Translated.

That's all for now i guess.
smile.gif

maxim380

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found a bug in v3.
In the main menu when you choose continue you come in the menu for enabling the c-gear.
If you press no, it sais: Are you sure you want to disable/xfffethe C-

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thank u reborn.so again do i patch mine with exp fix or without.i mean patching it without exp would be nonsense bcz u wont gain exp r8 or am i missing somethin?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already found a bug.
When the game asks "Are you sure you want to disable the C-Gear?", the linebreak isn't working properly.

EDIT: beaten by maxim380.

EDIT2: I see the problem. The tag "/xffe" says "/xfffe", it has an extra f, so the line break doesn't work.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
No, he meant that he's using a version of xDelta that uses only patches that have the .xdelta file extensions. You guys seem to be using a .patch file extension.

Also, you lied. Those logos in your sig aren't in the game (the english logos you put in the game are different)
The xDelta you download from my first post can do .patch

I know..
sleep.gif
I'm going to ask Kaarosu what happened with the logos.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
jxthemafia said:
Thank u reborn.so again do i patch mine with exp fix or without.i mean patching it without exp would be nonsense bcz u wont gain exp r8 or am i missing somethin?
Please help me with my question spenstar

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jxthemafia said:
jxthemafia said:
Please help me with my question spenstar
It actually depends on what flashcard you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think