not working in r4igold (.cc clone) still is present the no exp AP
tried with pokemon black (s)

RipOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
So I see it wont work on N5.. damn this.

So what is better? R4 or R4 the newer version? (Gold I think..) I want pokemon games to work mainly o-o

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
RipOn said:

So what is better? R4 or R4 the newer version? (Gold I think..) I want pokemon games to work mainly o-o

better buy another card, the r4 family cards seem to be crappy and is the last one for working with new games

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: nvm... It works!

Dont know if this has been already reported... The OpenPatch doenst work for the spanish versions

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Glisern said:
AKAIO 1.8.5 with newest loaders. Patched rom and both AP enabled and disabled.

None of the games work. they both get stuck at the loading screen.
I have the same but it does work for me. Odd.

thats on the 2i yes?

ElRoflstomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
For civility's sake can we all lay off of the "nooblet" and similar comments?

A pokemon release is always chaos here
and it's only compounded by people getting huffy and haughty.
There are a thousands of people wanting to ask hundreds of thousands of questions.
So if we can all make an effort to bite our tongues instead of attacking people with questions
this will go more smoothly for all of us.
I don't care how obvious the answer might seem to you.
It's no reason to be rude.

This. Dang GBAtemp, I never saw this kind of behavior when I lurked before. I do my best to help everyone no matter how stupid the question is. This is turning into a bad thread on /v/ man. I always help because I want people to pay it forward. In any case, apologies for the broken rules they will be remembered
blush.gif

What I WON'T apologize for is my initial post of saying it works save for the EXP. Its an expression, get over it. Why play word games saying: "It isn't flawless if the EXP doesn't work." Yes. It is. We are just saying that EVERYTHING else works. Except the EXP function. Again, in any case, if you see a post you don't like don't respond trashing the person. Leave that up to the mods if they want to.

Cheers,
ElRoflstomp

Daddy24

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently,the Union Room doesn't work either.Can somebody which is up to the point it is unlocked (I'm at the third town,where there's the first badge) can see if there is really a problem ? (I use AKAIO 1.8.5)

Z

Zorua

Daddy24 said:
Apparently,the Union Room doesn't work either.Can somebody which is up to the point it is unlocked (I'm at the third town,where there's the first badge) can see if there is really a problem ? (I use AKAIO 1.8.5)

retrogamefan said that union room doesn't work with this patch. He also said that he's working on it so stay tuned for updates.

RipOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
oxenh said:
RipOn said:

better buy another card, the r4 family cards seem to be crappy and is the last one for working with new games

Any good advice on a good one?
*to remind, as I wrote, I want it mainly for pokemon games so.. if it does matter o-o

Z

Zorua

RipOn said:
oxenh said:
RipOn said:

Any good advice on a good one?
*to remind, as I wrote, I want it mainly for pokemon games so.. if it does matter o-o

Do you have a DS or a DSi? If you have a DS get a R4 and make sure it's not a clone. If you have a DSi get a r4i gold.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Zorua said:
Do you have a DS or a DSi? If you have a DS get a R4 and make sure it's not a clone. If you have a DSi get a r4i gold.
Why would you recommend r4 and r4i? Surely those far behind? DSTwo seems to be the best card to have at the moment.

mr.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spongeroberto said:
Zorua said:
Why would you recommend r4 and r4i? Surely those far behind? DSTwo seems to be the best card to have at the moment.

Indeed, if someone doesn't have a flash cart, don't tell them to get a R4 no matter how cheap they are. An AK2i can be got for pennies if you are willing to wait a while on the free postage offered by most places.

chip211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we still need a new save code for the no$zoomer ,because you can go into the game with exp but cannot save

Z

Zorua

Spongeroberto said:
Zorua said:

Because he wanted an R4.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
chip211 said:
we still need a new save code for the no$zoomer ,because you can go into the game with exp but cannot save

I think the old save fix code is working with it aswell.
yaywii.gif

SwiftDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mr.uk said:
Spongeroberto said:
Zorua said:

Indeed, if someone doesn't have a flash cart, don't tell them to get a R4 no matter how cheap they are. An AK2i can be got for pennies if you are willing to wait a while on the free postage offered by most places.

There's nothing wrong with recommending an R4 (original or those that support Wood) to anyone - they can be got for 2 bucks delivered, constantly updated and for the most part perfect for the job.

AK and DSTwo's all well and good but not everyone needs it.

The "R4 sux" stuff has been dead in the water since Wood entered the scene. Same with DSTT now RetroGameFan is on the case. Everyone can enjoy updates to most flashcarts due to these lovely people in the community with little snobbery on the part of 'more expensive' flashcart owners!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol