Gaming Pokemon AR System

Jran Sakarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok when I first saw the Demo for the AR Cards with the dragon, I just about flipped out thinking of all the things that could be done with that.
Then today it hit me hard while thinking about Black & White.
"Pokemon Augmented Reality System"
I mean who would not love to see a Pikachu sitting on there desk in 3D.
Or it could be a come back for the TCG game to the 3DS.
What do you guys think?
Does Pokemon have something in store for the augmented reality system?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's very much possible.

Nintendogs takes advantage of the AR cards, so maybe future games could come with 2 cards for 1vs1 combat.

The 3DS can detect up to 6 (the max we have) cards, so I think 2 wouldn't be a problem.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Reminds me of the e-Reader.
Only with less failure.
wink.gif

I was kind of thinking AR on every Pokemon TC, but that would probably be a fuckton of data.

Empty cards make much more sense.
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pocchama1996 said:
Yugioh or pokemon tcg would be epic with AR.
[youtube]jVnA3zY3QJc[/youtube]

Slyakin said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Mar 1 2011, 09:29 PM) Reminds me of the e-Reader.
Only with less failure.
wink.gif

I was kind of thinking AR on every Pokemon TC, but that would probably be a fuckton of data.

Empty cards make much more sense.
smile.gif
Yup, but the funny thing is I still have my e-Reader.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see this implemented.

Even if it was a 3DSware title like Pokemon Stadium, where you battled with the AR Pokemon. I think I'd buy that.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
better idea
you buy the pokemon tc game cartrige which contains all the data on its 8gb memory
you get a few card with that
then there is a new card series for the game that looks like a regular tc but with a hidden code.
the card closest to you is the one you control
this would be epic

shadowsfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would only need one card, the question mark for example. the 3DS would display a small environment over the card with 2 pokimon. both 3DS could comunicate which action each persons monster will do during each turn. both people can see the action on their own screne. stuff i thought up last year.

wait, just now realized, you don't even need a card unless it's to displaying your own pokemon, because the system can simulate its own environment and still use the gyros to move the camera around the battle. though it would be cool if there was a stage that used the camera and card to have a battle where ever you want like on the table

i would like to see yugi-oh with the same principle

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
or you could use the trading card aspect
theywould get money
and players would get collectible cards
and they would have to physically get a pokemon instead of being given it or getting it virtually

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
better idea
you buy the pokemon tc game cartrige which contains all the data on its 8gb memory
you get a few card with that
then there is a new card series for the game that looks like a regular tc but with a hidden code.
the card closest to you is the one you control
this would be epic
I'd not want to have to buy a game AND a bunch of cards.
I'd much rather it be like Pokemon Stadium with a Stadium and a few little minigames (AR or not).

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Going back to the Pokemon idea mentioned before, instead of just having the Pokemon sitting on a card have the card turn into a stadium! And have the type of card denote the field type. Want to fight in a grassy area? There's a card for that. Want to fight in a rainy environment? Card for that too. And have each special stadium (there would be the standard normal ones too) give some sort of bonus.

Hehe, I can see having fun with it too, pretending you are in a blimp over the stadium watching the battle unfold below.

silentdoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, look at this for any TCG, this is certainly a viable option for the next generation of handheld based games based on TCGs. What if, for instance, this was extended beyond normal cards? it already is likely that the AR cards do not have special ink, why not simply change the AR program to recognize already in existence cards without having to release any new ones? That way, it would give new players a reason to start, and old players a reason to use it, as it wouldn't require any additional purchases if they already have the cards.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The whole battle system could be changed dramatically if they used AR cards for future Pokemon games. Like have the battles on a surface. Have a giant blank card which would change the scenery of the battle, but then there would be the issue of getting the particular Pokemon to pop out. Does any of what I said make sense? I'm a little slow today. Anyway, it's a very interesting thing to work with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn