Gaming Pokemon 5th Gen (Game)

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol it's true what he said
tongue.gif

It's what we all have been waiting for but instead we get the same old crap with a little teaks here and there...

Oh well

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really need to add more traditional RPG elements, even if it is just character customization. A little bit of open-ness would be great too, but i dont want them to sandbox it just so they can say its different.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, customizing would be cool. But let them keep the D&P engine. Seems so cool to customize wich hat you are wearing or wich hairstyle you have or something similiar. But that will never happen..

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
Yeah, customizing would be cool. But let them keep the D&P engine. Seems so cool to customize wich hat you are wearing or wich hairstyle you have or something similiar. But that will never happen..

Why do you say that?

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Sanderino said:

Why do you say that?

I think it's because on the actual show, they only have one set of clothes per season. LOL...
Talk about poor? ;D

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is in a hard place, imo. They need to keep Pokemon accessible, but they also need to keep adding more things to keep it interesting for those who grew up with Red/Blue 13 years ago. Those of us who are older and still fans want more in-depth rpg elements, but its still a game designed to be accessible to the younger crowd.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You're right but nothing is stopping Nintendo from incorporating in-depth RPG elements. It doesn't even have to be in the main series of Pokemon games. They could make an entirely new Pokemon series to work with.

Pokemon has crossed multiple genres already.

Rogue-like (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
Action/Roleplaying (Pokemon Ranger)
Puzzle (Pokemon Trozei/Puzzle League/Challenge)
Racing (Pokemon Dash/Pokémon: Team Turbo)
rail shooter/simulation (Pokemon Snap)
Card Game (Pokemon TCG)

I don't think creating a traditional RPG with the Pokemon name would really hurt them.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Azlan Uchiha said:
Waiting for more info about it!!i hope its AWESOME!

This just in: it'll be like every other pokemon game, with a few extras.
Even more so, considering it's a remake of gold and silver.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NDStemp said:
I think it's because on the actual show, they only have one set of clothes per season. LOL...
Talk about poor? ;D

Well, let's see what the new game all brings. I bet it eventually turns out it won't be on DS but on some kind of DS2. Mimiyato said they were working on a new game console so..

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
You're right but nothing is stopping Nintendo from incorporating in-depth RPG elements. It doesn't even have to be in the main series of Pokemon games. They could make an entirely new Pokemon series to work with.

Pokemon has crossed multiple genres already.

Rogue-like (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
Action/Roleplaying (Pokemon Ranger)
Puzzle (Pokemon Trozei/Puzzle League/Challenge)
Racing (Pokemon Dash/Pokémon: Team Turbo)
rail shooter/simulation (Pokemon Snap)
Card Game (Pokemon TCG)

I don't think creating a traditional RPG with the Pokemon name would really hurt them.
None of those are really deep/complex. They are all still essential kids games that adults enjoy as well.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know they're not.

The point I was trying to make was that creating a traditional RPG under the Pokemon name would not hurt them because they've crossed into so many different genres already. Pokemon is a very versatile series of games.

They already have the foundation* to create this game. All they have to do is build on it and improve the formula.

* = Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in the next game they could make a way to send pokemons like the rings from zelda oracle of. (but making trainers harder) this will be better

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im kinda excited and not ready for new pokemon.
but they should keep the pkmn following you thing,tweak the battle system
and have a better plot something that'll really pull u in!

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should retool the battle system so its not just 2d sprites sliding around any more. Something 3d (even incredibly basic) would be much better.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A non-crappy combat system would be nice overall.

Pokemon Rumble went in the right direction, but was still an incredibly lazily made game which ruined the potential.

If the combat wasn't incredibly simple, pokemon would probably still be fun to me.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, while im thinking of it, i've always wanted them to tweak the battle system so the speed stat actually means something more than who goes first. Kinda like in FF7 where the wait meter fills up depending on the speed stat, so if my pokemon has a speed of 100 and the opponent's is 50, i should be able to attack twice for every one of their attacks.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
NoSmokingBandit said:
Oooh, while I'm thinking of it, I've always wanted them to tweak the battle system so the speed stat actually means something more than who goes first. Kinda like in FF7 where the wait meter fills up depending on the speed stat, so if my Pokemon has a speed of 100 and the opponent's is 50, i should be able to attack twice for every one of their attacks.

That would mess up the balance of the game. Everyone with access to it will be using Pokesav (or cheats) to max out their speed resulting in an endless clusterfuck .

We don't need another Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast