Homebrew [POC] Fallout 1 for 3DS

Melissa420

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In conclusion, it is just pure fantasy, it does not work on the Nintendo 3DS and for them to finish the project it will be impossible. Play it on Android devices, it's easier. It would be great if it came to 3DS one day.

neo1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping to be able to push an update earlier, but i'm still running into a few issues so it may take some time. In the meantime, i'd like to share two builds.

The first uses SDL2 software rendering as before, but has a few improvements on various relocated gui elements. And text is readable again while talking. Also, in an attempt to improve performance, this uses threaded rendering and frameskip. Runs faster, but frameskip..

The second uses citro3d, currently only dual- fullscreen. The game still renders to a paletted buffer, but from there the rendering and scaling of multiple frames is done with citro3d. Which results in uhmm.. more fps.
Hi, I'm trying to download this game on the 3ds and am running into issues when I try to start it up. Screen says "error has occurred. Could not find master file. Please make sure the FALLOUT CD is in the drive and that you are running FALLOUT from the directory you installed to.

G1fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to download this game on the 3ds and am running into issues when I try to start it up. Screen says "error has occurred. Could not find master file. Please make sure the FALLOUT CD is in the drive and that you are running FALLOUT from the directory you installed to.
Do you have the original game files in the correct place on your sd card?

neo1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved the critter, master, and data files into
I have the critter, master and data files inside fallout1-ce-3ds folder and I put the fallout folder inside the 3ds folder of sd card. Not sure if that's correct. Thanks for the help.

lkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Guys, what is the state of the port?
Post automatically merged:

Guys, what is the state of the port?

dropeclasu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, will there be a port update?

Hey guys, will the port be updated?

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, i've already updated the git repository.

https://github.com/MrHuu/fallout1-ce-3ds/releases

It now runs on all 3ds devices, has a few gui elements crudely repositioned in an attempt to make stuff more readable and accessible.
You will run into unhandled cases, like the elevator controls and messagebox offsets. Press 'select' to go fullscreen in such cases, or just whenever you want to.
Additional controls still have to be added. Thanks for the suggestions.

For now it's just touch based.
- dpad for moving map
- a / zl swap top and bottom screen
- l for right mouse
- select for fullscreen

You'll still need:

'critter.dat',
'master.dat',
and the 'data' folder,

from the original Fallout game.

And copy to 'sdmc:/3ds/fallout/'

RoosterMange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into an issue where I can't progress through the Cathedral basement without the game crashing. It always seems to crash in the same doorway every time I try to play, making it impossible to progress any further. I defeated The Master's pets and the cultist that came through the door, but I can't go through myself for some reason.

It's the door to the cave where the master's vault is located. I've heard this game can crash in the actual vault entrance but I haven't heard of this area causing any crashes.

Last edited by RoosterMange,

RoosterMange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I've tried multiple versions of the game including the one from steam, and all of them will crash in that secret door to the cave where the Master's vault is located. I'm unsure if this is an issue with the port itself or my game files need a patch.

2nd UPDATE: I installed both the official patches and TeamX patches, as well as the files for the "[Resolved] Fallout 1 Cathedral & The Glow CRASH" thread on NMA. This by all means should have fixed the crash on any other platform as far as I'm aware.

This leads me to suspect there may be an issue with the port itself, but there may still yet be a patch I just haven't come across, though I doubt it. I think all I can really do at this point is wait for an update hopefully soon and continue testing.

Overall this port has worked phenomenally up to this point, and if this crash didn't occur I'd say it's 10/10. I'm surprised I even got as far as I did, blowing up the Mariposa base and about to take out The Master. Ah well, hopefully I'll be able to finish out my playthrough soon enough. All the best!

Last edited by RoosterMange,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...