cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

A nice video showing off a JPN console region changed to all regions! (I had to get some help to build a launcher.dat for iQue)
The method is by me but I gave it to tanglangxia at duowan and he tested it lots, and had some fun! (He made the video, it's his)

Michunio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a while ago i started to regret buying jap 3ds ll because i can't understand shit (configuring wifi and runing ds exploit is all I can do ^^)

cearp if you succeed in making it brick free and release it to the public you will be my personal 3ds god

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Can this one play newer games like Persona Q using retail cart and still be able to go to Eshop?

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So theoretically if this works on the new 3ds, it would be possible to change the region of sysnand permanently right? I have a PAL console, but only US cartridges...

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So theoretically if this works on the new 3ds, it would be possible to change the region of sysnand permanently right? I have a PAL console, but only US cartridges...

Theoretically, yes!
But I wouldn't recommend it without a hardware NAND mod, and no one seem to have found it out yet (too sad).

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
You can also use 4.5 CFW and MT card launcher (don't need the actual device) to boot classic mode 9.4 emunand.

whoaah! I didn't know that I can do that with MT card launcher, so what I'll do is boot to 4.5CFW and update to 9.4CFW emunand and play away right?

Are the saves still kept on the cart and can be played on legit firmwares? coz I might continue my games to N3DS if it gets released.

Thanks so much!

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, yes!
But I wouldn't recommend it without a hardware NAND mod, and no one seem to have found it out yet (too sad).
How to NAND mod:

1. Take apart
2. Solder wires to all points
3. ???
4. Brick your New 3ds
5. Buy a new one.

whoaah! I didn't know that I can do that with MT card launcher, so what I'll do is boot to 4.5CFW and update to 9.4CFW emunand and play away right?

Are the saves still kept on the cart and can be played on legit firmwares? coz I might continue my games to N3DS if it gets released.

Thanks so much!

No, the MT classic mode only gives you emuNAND classic, no devmenu or games installed from it.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
No, the MT classic mode only gives you emuNAND classic, no devmenu or games installed from it.

I'm confused, meaning you can't update classic emunand to 9.4 right?

And also I meant that if I can play saves on retail carts that was started on classic emunand and then continue on legit FW..

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, meaning you can't update classic emunand to 9.4 right?

And also I meant that if I can play saves on retail carts that was started on classic emunand and then continue on legit FW..

Alright.

the CFW launcher only works with 4.X emuNANDs. Any higher will not work with it. However, it DOES patch out the 3ds's checks for improperly signed games. This means devmenu and the things it installs works.
The MT launcher (classic mode) works with all 4.X+ emuNANDs. It does NOT patch out the 3ds's checks for unsigned games, and thus devMenu won't run, nor the games it installed. Basically, if you want to use devmenu and install games (without gateway), you have to stay on 4.5 and use CFW. If you want a 9.4 emuNAND, you will need a second SD card somewhere. There is a guide on the forums right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.