Please rate my game

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not so sure if an .exe file is allowed to be shared in this site. I made a game using C# and I wanted to share it to my fellow tempers. I would appreciate the constructive criticisms as I know my game has a wide room for improvement. I am still working on other things (high score system, more enemies, main menu and proper sound working)

I would appreciate feedback - positive or negative. Thanks!

http://uploading.com/files/mbf41m6f/That%2...in%2BSpace.exe/

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just tried it and it appears to be a nice start for a game, but there are some things that could be improved:
  • Not having to hold space for the rocket to keep going forward.
  • Holding space makes the game play this slightly annoying sound loop.
  • Resizing the window can lead to the enemies getting stuck outside of the line of sight or just get stuck at the border (disable resizing?).
  • Your ship shouldn't be able to move outside the window.
  • Enemies should die when hit?
Anyway, I'm sure it'll be improved a lot if you keep working on it
smile.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
I just tried it and it appears to be a nice start for a game, but there are some things that could be improved:
  • Not having to hold space for the rocket to keep going forward.
  • Holding space makes the game play this slightly annoying sound loop.
  • Resizing the window can lead to the enemies getting stuck outside of the line of sight or just get stuck at the border (disable resizing?).
  • Your ship shouldn't be able to move outside the window.
    [*]Enemies should die when hit?
Anyway, I'm sure it'll be improved a lot if you keep working on it
smile.gif

For the bolded part, the enemies are indestructible. The concept of the game is to "score as much as you can within the time limit".

As for the other comments, thanks! I am aware of the sound loop. I am having problems with setting up the firing control (Having Press Space to shoot doesn't work apparently) and I'm pretty sure I took out the Maximize button...

#4 I didn't really try. Thanks for that too!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
R2DJ said:
As for the other comments, thanks! I am aware of the sound loop. I am having problems with setting up the firing control (Having Press Space to shoot doesn't work apparently) and I'm pretty sure I took out the Maximize button...
You did indeed take out that button, but you can still resize it by grabbing the edges of the window
tongue.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
R2DJ said:
You did indeed take out that button, but you can still resize it by grabbing the edges of the window
tongue.gif
Oh
tongue.gif
...guess I have to make the game in fullscreen next time

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've tried the game. I want to ask one question, what should i do to shoot the enemies?
Feedbacks:
-Main Menu
-Levels (add level)
-Settings (difficulty, sound, about/credits, etc, etc).
-Make the Enemies destructable
-Make some asteroids (?)
-Make the spaceship operateble (can go to left if you press left, and vice versa!)
-High Score.

That's all i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: so yeah, they're will be lots of kills