Please help - R4 name title

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lost-soul, Feb 1, 2008.

Feb 1, 2008
  1. lost-soul
    OP

Newcomer lost-soul Newbie

United Kingdom
    Can anyone help me; I've got an English DS with an English R4DS with a Sandisk 2BG Micro SD card.
    When I open the game directory - the games in the directory window are in the Japanese game title (not the language).
    I have tried editing the name with some internal name editors but It only works on English names/icons.
    I know the games have a japanese and english title, because NDS Header shows me.
    So it looks like my R4 is using japanese as the default but i would like it to be english...
    Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. Son of Science

Member Son of Science GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Where did you buy your R4 from? It could be possible that the retailer lied about the language, or ran out of English cards and just shipped a you a Japanese card.

3. lost-soul
    OP

Newcomer lost-soul Newbie

United Kingdom
    It's an English R4 (English version on logo screen) with R4 v1.15 English kernel.
    I have found a small fix, using romer 1.0.3. It edits the internal game name for all languages NOT just in English, like most software of it kind. [​IMG]