Hacking Please help: Nintendo switch user page crashes after custom profile picture install

Richard E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used goldleaf to install a custom icon for my profile picture. I can go into the users, my icon is white. And when I try to tap it to change to a default, my switch immediately crashes. When I try adding a new user, the switch immediately crashes. When I try to play a game, it crashes before the select user pane pops up. It's like the user page isn't working anymore.

Is there anything I can do? My switch is soft locked because of this, I can't play any of my games!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably needs to restore your NAND backup if you got one, but first you can try DevMenu and see if that fix the problem for you.

Richard E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If dev menu doesn't work back up your saves first, then go to settings, go to formatting options and reset cache.

I'm running 6.2.0. From my knowledge, I don't believe there is a devmenu for this firmware. I tried formatting and resetting the cache. It crashes with the same error message "2168-0002"

Ive also tried deleting the account, that doesn't make the switch crash, but does pull up an error.

Where is the image stored in the nand? Is that something I can modify? In Checkpoint, I can see my new profile picture, but I guess the system can't recognize it, making it crash immediately..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...