Hacking PLEASE HELP!!! N-card 1gb or fire link 2gb?

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP ME

I'm thinking about getting the n-card with 1gb storage for $30 or fire link with 2gb storage for $42.
Do you think the 2gb is worth it, or should I just stick with the 1gb???

ALSO please tell me if there is anything different between these two products other than memory size!

The link for the n-card 1gb is here:
N-card 1gb

The link for the fire link 2gb is here:
Fire Link 2gb

If there is anything I did wrong or should've done differently, please tell me as I am new to GBAtemp.
wacko.gif

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND PLEASE REPLY!!

KFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why, is the Fire Link cheaper quality than the N-Card?

It would seem to me that if they use the same firmware under the same conditions, that the one with more memory would be the better choice.

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
there is no difference, NCARD is the offical card, Firelink is a clone, they all use the same firmware so choice is yours

As for the size, depends what your gonna use it for, if Roms, Homebrew, Movies, Mp3 etc the bigger the better, if just for some Roms and Homebrew i would go with the 1gb

benbonney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1GB personally, i got 2 GB and hate putting too much stuff on it or it becomes a bother to find, plus wen ya remove a game ya can keep a backup of the sav on the card so its always there,
although go with the cheaper one and change the firmware, mine used to be a really cheap and nasty chinese firmware but the card was cheap but then i got N-Cards firmware and replaced it, as long as its a Nand style format of the card then any other firmware made for the card will work no matter what company makes it

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just f.y.i. I want this mostly for the ROMs. Anyone know about how many ROMs I can put on a 1gb? Doesn't need to be really exact. Thanks for your help!

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
about 10-20 on a 1gb card, just depends on the games

Roms range from 8mb (Big Brain Academy) upto 128mb (Children of Mana)

also games are coming that are going to be bigger, as far as i understand it ASH will be coming in at 256mb, biggest cart so far

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've never seen the firecard, but I had a dslinker, and a xpcard, and i've notified their chips are different than ncard's chip. Maybe its quality is better than the clones. Nowadays I have a NCard 1GB with EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack and they work very well together.

fristi

Trophies
XP
Country
buy the 2g firelink(maby you need more space later)
and put the n-card firmware on it
i did it to and it works perfect

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, spend the few extra bucks and get double the space. I have a 2Gb DS-Linker, and my girls has a 1Gb DS-Linker, and she's always wanting more space. So just get the 2Gb Firelink.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1