Hacking Please help me unbrick my Switch

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a custom theme installed, delete the folder located in SD:/atmosphere/title/0100000000001000

delete the entire 0100000000001000 folder from the sd, see if that helps, damn, just saw you checked already

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: Akumudz

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your switch nand fail entropy on any partition when using memloader and hackdiscmount? Suspecting it could fail entrop on the USER partition?

Reactions: Philliyxx

Akumudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Does your switch nand fail entropy on any partition when using memloader and hackdiscmount? Suspecting it could fail entrop on the USER partition?

nothing fails when I do so
but there are news
I tried restauring my nand backup one more time, I put the 29gb nand on an exfat sd card then after restauring switched to a fat32 sd and launched cfw (atmosphere) it worked and the system booted
but it crashed after 5 minutes turned off and I'm back at the beginning (black screen after the nintendo logo)
tried doing the same thing again but with no success.

Akumudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I did it again and everything worked alright
but as soon as I tried turning internet on (I wanted to update so I could so a new backup corresponding to the number of burnt fuses) it crashes and I have to do the same thing again

Mikeltii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I finally got it up and running again, thanks to personal help (PM's) from PrEtZaL.

The problem was, that my system and user partitions had somehow become corrupted (possibly a bad nand backup) and my biskeys didn't match.
I wont put down what I did to fix it, because as PrEtZaL says it was very unconventional and a rare situation, and others duplicating it might result in bricking their Switch. So what I did is a last resort when everything else has been tried.
But PrEtZaL truly is a genius and fixed my messed up Switch

Hello mate could you help with my switch? My biskey dont match in anything when I'm using hacdiskmount.. I havent got clean backup I lost my 6.2 my brother format the PC and forgot to save that but got the keys the ones I use on hactool and never had problem.

FiddyOnFiddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone still active here with knowledge on fixing this when BIS KEYs don't match but they are absolutely the correct ones?

Thanks.

hell_night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
So I finally got it up and running again, thanks to personal help (PM's) from PrEtZaL.

The problem was, that my system and user partitions had somehow become corrupted (possibly a bad nand backup) and my biskeys didn't match.
I wont put down what I did to fix it, because as PrEtZaL says it was very unconventional and a rare situation, and others duplicating it might result in bricking their Switch. So what I did is a last resort when everything else has been tried.
But PrEtZaL truly is a genius and fixed my messed up Switch
Can you please help me out. I'm sorry to bump up an old thread, but I am facing the exact same issue and now all my keys from PRODTINFO to USER (BIS keys) don't match and I am so overwhelmed! Pls let me know if you see this message. Thank you!

Jeppe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Can you please help me out. I'm sorry to bump up an old thread, but I am facing the exact same issue and now all my keys from PRODTINFO to USER (BIS keys) don't match and I am so overwhelmed! Pls let me know if you see this message. Thank you!

Try this:

"Anyhow just make sure you have a full nand backup and boot files of the current switch state 1st. MUST DO THIS BIT....DONT SKIP IT

Mount the system partition using hacdiskmount with the keys you have, then format the partition using guiformat with a 16k cluster size. This will reformat the partition with the new crypto.

Copy across the files from the choidujour extracted fw to the system partition.

You'll need to launch 1st time using custom kip and hekate files from the choidujour microsd directory."

Reactions: hell_night

hell_night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Try this:

"Anyhow just make sure you have a full nand backup and boot files of the current switch state 1st. MUST DO THIS BIT....DONT SKIP IT

Mount the system partition using hacdiskmount with the keys you have, then format the partition using guiformat with a 16k cluster size. This will reformat the partition with the new crypto.

Copy across the files from the choidujour extracted fw to the system partition.

You'll need to launch 1st time using custom kip and hekate files from the choidujour microsd directory."

Hello Jeppe,

I really appreciate your thorough reply with all these good info. I realized that I made a mistake in the end. I actually have two switches. The one which I bricked didn't have an actual NAND Backup (I thought I did) and *mistakenly* I restored the NAND from my other switch to the original switch (which caused the brick and I didn't know at the time until I found out later!).

So, in theory now both the nintendo switches were using the same BIS Keys! I still went ahead to try and see if it's not all gone and lost. I used the downgrade/upgrade method as my firmware was at 5.0.0. But, I realized it won't ever get back to life and stay at the dark screen of death since the PRODINFO was (replaced/corrupted) by the one from my other switch. I didn't mind if it booted at least and I wouldn't have used the Nintendo servers anyway, but seems I have a paper weight on my hand haha. Thank you again though!

During all these times that I was in the scene since PSPs, this is the first mistake I made and it was totally accidental. Even though I have my actual BIS Keys for the bricked switch now, since the PRODINFO is damaged then all is lost according to one guy here. :) oh well...

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Jeppe,

I really appreciate your thorough reply with all these good info. I realized that I made a mistake in the end. I actually have two switches. The one which I bricked didn't have an actual NAND Backup (I thought I did) and *mistakenly* I restored the NAND from my other switch to the original switch (which caused the brick and I didn't know at the time until I found out later!).

So, in theory now both the nintendo switches were using the same BIS Keys! I still went ahead to try and see if it's not all gone and lost. I used the downgrade/upgrade method as my firmware was at 5.0.0. But, I realized it won't ever get back to life and stay at the dark screen of death since the PRODINFO was (replaced/corrupted) by the one from my other switch. I didn't mind if it booted at least and I wouldn't have used the Nintendo servers anyway, but seems I have a paper weight on my hand haha. Thank you again though!

During all these times that I was in the scene since PSPs, this is the first mistake I made and it was totally accidental. Even though I have my actual BIS Keys for the bricked switch now, since the PRODINFO is damaged then all is lost according to one guy here. :) oh well...

Both switches cant have the same biskeys, Keys are coded or belong in the tegra ship its self, if they do not match the software, systems biskeys which are encrypted to the partitions. The hardware will just not load it.

Now if you had any backup of the console or any backup of the prod info. With biskeys you can recover any switch.

Hang on to it, may become useful for parts. Or another solution in 40 years or so when the console is retro or something :P .Surely were have full virtual by then tho

Reactions: hell_night

hell_night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Both switches cant have the same biskeys, Keys are coded or belong in the tegra ship its self, if they do not match the software, systems biskeys which are encrypted to the partitions. The hardware will just not load it.

Now if you had any backup of the console or any backup of the prod info. With biskeys you can recover any switch.

Hang on to it, may become useful for parts. Or another solution in 40 years or so when the console is retro or something :P .Surely were have full virtual by then tho

Oh, hey Canna! This is the guy I was talking about :D Very helpful!

It's the first time I felt so devastated about such a loss, hahaha. But, I'm alright now actually and the deed is done anyways! Lol!

Of course, it'll be useful if I can dig a for parts switch off of eBay and use these parts to fix that one maybe (not doing that now though as the prices are crazy due to the apparent shortage). We'll totally have full virtual in 40 years, and I'll be too old to care I guess :P

Last edited by hell_night,
Reactions: Canna

ekids1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
HacDiskMount

Hello, I have some question, they make me confused.

I follow the manual upgrade, want to rebuild my NAND.
When I want to test “SYSTEM” partition and "USER" partition with my BIS KEY, it occurred warning information.
After reading many thread, I can't get a correct way to continue. I extract BIS KEY with many different way but they are the same.

After that, I found the backup finally, and restore successfully.
But I'm still curious about this. I want to understand this.

After restoring, I extracted the prod.keys again.
Oh, BIS KEYs are the same.

1. I extract BIS KEY with Lockpin or biskeydump, they are read from "Hardware", so it is absolutely correct, right ?

2. In manual upgrade, I used BIS KEY to test in HacDiskMount, my keys is correct, why HacDiskMount notify warning ?
because my NAND in console is broken ?

3. I think manual upgrade is written for the user who don't have NAND backup.
But in initial, I was in the same situation (I can't find my backup).
My BIS KEY is correct, but HacDiskMount is warning, What I can do ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m