Hacking Please help me play a store bought pokemon sun without losing gateway.

jmart414121

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I am new to this and recently put gateway on my son's 3ds. He received a store bought Pokemon Sun game for Christmas but we can't play it because the game is going to update his DS.

I used gateway to make a backup of his game and have the following two files on his SD card:

BNDA.3D0
BNDA.3D1

Can I somehow play these with gateway? I don't know how to load them once I make a backup. I've looked for tutorials but all I can find is a tutorial on how to backup the game. I don't know what to do with the backup to get it to play.

His 3ds is running version 4.1.0-6U
and the Gateway shows version GW3D 11.2.0-35U

Someone told me I could download the ROM and change the card type from type 1 to type 2 but I can't find a good rom. I assume since I own the original game there should be a way to play it with Gateway. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED as he really wants to play his Christmas Gift.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ditch gateway, and switch to luma a9lh. then you wont have this problem and will be able to play the card normally without having to dump it.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to put both part together. This can be done on command line on windows. The you will be able to change you backup from type 1 to type 2.

Btw you can find the rom already converted on that ISO site if I remember

@nero99 : can't you just help someone without saying a9hl ?

Last edited by chocoboss,

jmart414121

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to put both part together. This can be done on command line on windows. The you will be able to change you backup from type 1 to type 2.

Btw you can find the rom already converted on that ISO site if I remember

I feel so stupid. I have looked everywhere and cant find the rom download that works. Could you please tell me how to combine the two files with the command prompt? And would i need to rename the file extention to 3ds?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well on one hand it's probably true that a9lh would be better for someone's son to avoid him updating by accident and stuff.
On the other hand though, free gatehate without giving any link to either switch to a "better" setup or to a setup that allows both Luma and Gateway isn't being helpful.

jmart414121

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use gateway classic mode, ie gateway emunand without actual gateway card support?

I dont understand gateway or how that works. Do i just boot into classic mode and remove the gateway then put the actual pokemon game in? Im affraid to do it wrong and have it update.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont understand gateway or how that works. Do i just boot into classic mode and remove the gateway then put the actual pokemon game in? Im affraid to do it wrong and have it update.
Should be so!

Nothing to worry about. There are no forced updates on 3DS and you will be clearly warned first
Plus of course 11.2 is already the latest version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg