Hacking Please help me fix my (hopefully not) bricked Wii

bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll make this short and sweet, but please help me try and fix my Wii.

--I was in the process of carefully installing MiiWii, going through the process very slowly so that i wouldn't make any mistakes.

--I got to the part where i was going to install Starfall. I loaded Starfall-->Read the warning-->pushed B+1 to continue, but everytime i did, i got a black screen with an error message that read "Failed. exiting...". I did this several times, but kept getting the same error message.

--eventually, i got so fed up that i turned off the wii. and now, whenever i turn on the wii, nothing shows up. not even the little warning.

--it can still be turned on and off with ease and even accept and eject discs with no problem either. but i don't know how to fix it.

any ideas of what i can do to fix this? i really hope my wii isn't bricked...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When did you buy your Wii? And why were you still trying to use MiiWii, haven't heard anything about that in ages. Starfall? What system menu were you on?

bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought it when the Wii first came out. You may be more familiar about MiiWii than I am, but i just recently found out about it (it is also a prerequisite for something i was trying). I don't know anything about Starfall either. I was just following directions, since it said that skipping steps could brick my Wii. I am also running system version 4.1U

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bloodbend3r said:
i bought it when the Wii first came out. You may be more familiar about MiiWii than I am, but i just recently found out about it (it is also a prerequisite for something i was trying). I don't know anything about Starfall either. I was just following directions, since it said that skipping steps could brick my Wii. I am also running system version 4.1U
No wonder you were having trouble. StarFall only works on System Menu 3.2

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
^ That pretty much sums it up.

Or...

You could have installed Systemmenu-v289 (which is 3.2U), but since you were already on 4.1U beforehand, the IOS30 you have installed is a stub (stub IOS are useless "placeholder IOS"). System Menu 3.2U runs under IOS30.

So... that means you have a system menu running under a useless stub, without any recovery options. Homebrew can't fix this, only Nintendo can.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, when you follow directions, make sure you meet the prerequisites first. MiiWii is pretty old and definitely should not have been followed if you're updated to 4.1. There are clear stickies at the top of this forum that are up to date and would have told you much easier steps that would have worked for you with tools that aren't a year old.

You're probably pretty screwed right now, but since your Wii IS a launch Wii, it should have a vulnerable boot1 to be able to install bootmii to boot2. But since you are bricked at the moment, the only way for you to do that would be to directly program it to the chip with an Infectus.

So if you do happen to be familiar with soldering/desoldering things, can get a triwing screwdriver and an Infectus, and have some hex editing skills as well, then you may be able to fix it like THIS, otherwise send it to Nintendo.

And when you get a Wii back, read through EVERYTHING in my guide first so you understand how things work before you do anything else stupidly on your new Wii. Then follow xzxero's guide when you're actually ready to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night