Hacking Please help! Jp n3ds, unable to launch boot9strap w/ injection

enlil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently picked one of these up after breaking my NA n3ds xl (during an attempted hardware upgrade >.< those ribbon cables are fragile). Had zero issues getting the NA one on a custom bootloader by following the 3ds-hacks guide, so I wasn't expecting to run into any issues.

After going through the process of injecting a dsiware game, when I go to launch it I'm just getting a green screen flash on the lower display for a split second, then the screens go back to solid white after which nothing happens. Im using "タッチで漫才! メガミの笑壺DL", second title on the list of supported JPN dsiware games. (The first title, the free one, does not work at all. TADpole will only recognize it as an NA game and patches it as sudoku, which doesnt appear in the home menu due to region lockout). I'd consider trying another dsiware game except at this point they're all 800 yen each and I really dont want to throw money away "testing" the various titles when Im not even sure thats what the issue is.

Ive attempted repeating the steps from the start multiple times, with multiple microsd cards, and the end result is always the same. Im on firmware v.11.8.0-41jp. Nothing happens when I hold down start or select during bootup. I tried asking for help on the 3ds-hacks discord but nobody was able to offer any advice :|

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently picked one of these up after breaking my NA n3ds xl (during an attempted hardware upgrade >.< those ribbon cables are fragile). Had zero issues getting the NA one on a custom bootloader by following the 3ds-hacks guide, so I wasn't expecting to run into any issues.

After going through the process of injecting a dsiware game, when I go to launch it I'm just getting a green screen flash on the lower display for a split second, then the screens go back to solid white after which nothing happens. Im using "タッチで漫才! メガミの笑壺DL", second title on the list of supported JPN dsiware games. (The first title, the free one, does not work at all. TADpole will only recognize it as an NA game and patches it as sudoku, which doesnt appear in the home menu due to region lockout). I'd consider trying another dsiware game except at this point they're all 800 yen each and I really dont want to throw money away "testing" the various titles when Im not even sure thats what the issue is.

Ive attempted repeating the steps from the start multiple times, with multiple microsd cards, and the end result is always the same. Im on firmware v.11.8.0-41jp. Nothing happens when I hold down start or select during bootup. I tried asking for help on the 3ds-hacks discord but nobody was able to offer any advice :|
And you used the JPN.zip for the exploit injection?

enlil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it shows as the 4swords game in the dsiware system menu (and on the home menu, if I delete the ext data folder, though doing that doesnt help or change anything else)

Edit: Wow, finally got it. I think the problem was that I had set the allocation size on my microsd to 64kb when I used it to copy the dsiware game to my pc.

Last edited by enlil,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

You need to launch the game with squirrelboot.
Sudoku injection is what it's supposed to be, and it will not show on the home menu because it's a US game. It's by design, it's part of how the exploit works.

Please follow the guide.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/steelminer-jpn-free-cfw-us-eu-jp-free-homebrew.506166/

Last edited by zoogie,

enlil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well dang, wish I'd have known. Would've saved a few dollars and a bit of frustration. Tyvm for clarifying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1