Gaming Need help making GBA VC Injections run at full speed

Astroa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After going through multiple emulators, injection methods, and firms to run GBA games, I have determined that:
-The N3DS has enough power to run GBA games at full FPS.
-The N3DS can output the audio without distortion.
-Something is holding the N3DS back while running some games though VC Injection.

Open_agb_firm:
+No audio issues
-Frame drops

VC Injections (UGBAVCI 1.6b and NSUI beta26):
+No audio issues
-Frame drops

mGBA Emulator:
+No frame drops
-Audio distortion

GBARunner2 :
+No audio issues
+No frame drops
-Ripple effect at the bottom of the screen

I want to have these games as individual tiles on the home screen so I can run them directly. All I need is a way to stop the N3DS from handicapping itself when running the VC Injections.

I've been beating my head against the wall for 3 days and need any help I can get for this. Infinite thanks in advance!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After going through multiple emulators, injection methods, and firms to run GBA games, I have determined that:
-The N3DS has enough power to run GBA games at full FPS.
-The N3DS can output the audio without distortion.
-Something is holding the N3DS back while running some games though VC Injection.

Open_agb_firm:
+No audio issues
-Frame drops

VC Injections (UGBAVCI 1.6b and NSUI beta26):
+No audio issues
-Frame drops

mGBA Emulator:
+No frame drops
-Audio distortion

GBARunner2 :
+No audio issues
+No frame drops
-Ripple effect at the bottom of the screen

I want to have these games as individual tiles on the home screen so I can run them directly. All I need is a way to stop the N3DS from handicapping itself when running the VC Injections.

I've been beating my head against the wall for 3 days and need any help I can get for this. Infinite thanks in advance!
Either run the game in a pc emulator or clue into the fact that nothing is perfect. You're not going to get perfect speeds for every last thing out there. Hell. look at 3ds. final Fantasy explorers has nasty lag when you play as magic. even worse on multiplayer. and thats taking into account the resources of a 3ds console.

Reactions: fmkid

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As I implied in the other thread, I'm not sure the 3DS is at fault here. If they were actual framedrops, the music should slow down as well. I think the games are actually coded that way. The emulators emulate them slightly wrong, resulting - funnily enough - in a smoother experience.

To be sure we should compare one of the problematic games to OG hardware.

Reactions: fmkid

Gaspa15

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you should try to rom-hack your GBA games (with some utilities/improvement hack) that may solve your gba games problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/business/chocolate-price-increase-easter-holidays/index.html