Hacking Please Help - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Echoes of Time and Ru

contaprareg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is my first post, so please forgive and tell me if anything is wrong.

I have a D2CKey modded wii 3.1U.
I have installed IOSs 38, 53 and 55(the "new" IOSs). I also installed cIOS37 rev3 and HomeBrew channel after this problem.

I'm running the brickblocked USA MadWorld fine.

But when I try to run my brickblocked and ISOPatched(30) USA Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Echoes of Time, it gives me the Error#002.

And when I try to run my brickblocked and ISOPatched(30) USA Rune Factory: Frontier, nothing happens but a black screen shown.

It looks like I'm missing some IOSs, but I don't have any idea of wich and how to find out.

Do anyone knows wich IOSs are required to this games that I don't have installed?

Do anyone knows how to see the IOSs installed in my system? and how to see and extract the IOSs that come with the ISOs unpatched?

Thank You All already.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do anyone knows wich IOSs are required to this games that I don't have installed?

AnyTitleDeleter can check the installed IOS.

If you upgrade to version 4 official it'll give you all the previous iOS.

WORD OF ADVICE: Playing FFCC EoT on the Wii isn't such a great idea, DS version bro.

wheresmymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you could always install try installing a version gecko os with the 002 fix and see if they run off of that.

not sure what ios's either of them run on but i didn't have to patch them on my wii and they run fine.

Another idea might be to burn them again whithout iso patching and see if they work.

contaprareg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you MrBubbles, I'll try the AnyTitleDeleter.
But I trying to not update my Wii.

Thank you wheresmymonkey. I've burned the RuneFactoryFrontier without patch before and it didn't even was reconized. Nerver tried with the FFCCEoT because I'm almost without midias.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you load up AnyTitleDeleter, look into the system files and then have fun checking out here the ones you're missing:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database#000...l_system_titles

EDIT: I forgot you're playing a new game, it came out long before the update from yesterday to 4.0 so one of those IOS on the list is the one that's probably needed.

It sucks the guide doesn't at least tell you which games have which IOS. I think ANIMAL CROSSING CITY FOLK has the most recent ones without 3.4 update...

OTHERWISE you'll have to hunt the IOS you're missing one by one in WAD forms to install.

contaprareg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not good news.

With wiiscrubber I find out wich IOS I was missing.

FFCCEoT came with all IOSs till 55.
Rune Factory: Frontier reach only IOS 36.

With AnyTitleDeleter(thank you MrBubbles) I find out tha I was missing the IOS37(!).

Installed IOSs 16, 37, 259 and even 60(patched and before the test with my discs).

FFCCEoT still gives me the Error #002 and RuneFactoryFrontier still gives me the black screen.

I don't know what else to do.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate.

Thank You All already.

OFF: The IOS60 patched that I've installed don't get me the SD super support
frown.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I can't help, I don't know much about modded Wii (I know about softmodded Wiis).

Stick around, someone is bound to help.

contaprareg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got both working!

I've extracted all the IOSs in the FFCCEoT ISO with wiiscrubber.

Installed all of them in my system.

Re-burned the 2 games without patch.

And the both work now.

Thank You all who support.

Arringfray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm I'm having a simular problem with Rune Factory Frontier.

The ISO was set-up for soft modded wii's but I have a cyclowiz installed. I was told to just change it's IOS back to what it originally was (supposedly 32), and I did that (with IOSpatcher 1.0), but that didn't seem to make any difference. When i put the disk in it just gives me the black screen of death as I call it. The an error occured, eject disk, push power button and see manual, screen. I've tried changing the IOS to different numbers as an experiment but that made no difference.

Honnestly I don't fully understand this IOS thing as I've never had to worry about it before. I'm currently running menu system 3.3U.

contaprareg you said you used wiiscrubber to exract the ios's? how did you do that? I looked at the program and the readme's and didn't see anything about that mentioned

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated!

Geoff

Breadbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you simply right click to get the file
stick it on an sd card and install on your system
piece o cake!
hope this works been trying to get final fantasy to work for a whiley!

vathir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the person who got this to work, what exactly did you do? This didn't work on my softmodded 3.3 and tried upgrading to 4.0 using backuploader of course, and I am still having the same problems you described.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
vathir said:
To the person who got this to work, what exactly did you do? This didn't work on my softmodded 3.3 and tried upgrading to 4.0 using backuploader of course, and I am still having the same problems you described.

I upped to 4.0 installed cioscorp v2 with bf60 TWICE (had to install the whole lot twice in a row) but i now have full region free and both games now work after i originally had same issues (black screen, disc not reading, 001 and 002 errors etc).

Used preloader hacks toward region free too btw.

vathir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so am trying to install clos v2 but these instructions on installation are VERY unclear...

They say...

BEGIN README
-----------------------------------------------------

[ REQUISITES ]:

- "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" original WAD file (for WAD installation).
- Network connection (for Network installation).

[ HOW TO INSTALL IT ]:

WAD Installation:

- Copy "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" file to the root of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card on your Wii.
- Run the installer and select "WAD Installation".

Network Installation:

- Run the installer and select "Network Installation".

------------------------------------------------
END README

Ok, so where do i put the clos installer, and don't i put the wads file into a folder called wads?

Here is what my directory looks like, if anyone can point out the problem i would appreciate it.

root
xxxapps
xxxxxxWAD Manager
xxxxxxxxxbool.dol
xxxprivate
xxxwad
xxxxxxIOS36-64-v1042.wad

edit - didn't know this site doesn't support blank space for indicating directory structure.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
find the mii wii thread, download the manual and the app package.

extract miiwii to an sd card, copy off the cioscorp folder (contains V2)

Google for cios60HK.zip (or something along those lines)

Use those files in wadman

vathir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have V4.0 (after reading this thread and upgrading...ugh)

is there any other way to install this? miiwii is not 4.0 compatible.

vathir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
find the mii wii thread, download the manual and the app package.

extract miiwii to an sd card, copy off the cioscorp folder (contains V2)

Google for cios60HK.zip (or something along those lines)

Use those files in wadman

What exactly do you mean copy it off? do you want me to move it into an existing an existing folder and name it boot.dol? make a new folder? What directory should I put it into?

for the cios60HK, where do i place it so that the wadmanager can read it?

also, i tried running the wad manager placed inside the wiimii package manager, and I only get a black screen, although the wad manager used by itself that worked fine.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok:

Because you have to install miiwii to an empty SD card i suggested you simply do that.

Once the files are on an Sd card, locate the cioscorp folder, copy it, and paste it somewhere u wont lose it.

delete all the miiwii files off the sd cos u dont need em.

Download cios60 and place that wad in the cioscorp folder you just moved.

rename the folder to WAD

put it on the root of your SD card that has wadmanager on (you original SD card that you normally use.)

Install them in numerical order through wadman (I use wadman 1.4 with ios select and folder support) i.e ios 9 - 60.

I also reinstalled 4.0 system menu and then loaded preloader .29.

hope this clears things up.

vathir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY:D

Thank you very much for your help kind sir
biggrin.gif

I was having a some people over and we all wanted to sit around and play this - Now we can
biggrin.gif
:D:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1