PlayStation Vita EU launch line-up

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
no I have never played a vita. I was asked if I had ever played games in the series.
I played them on my new PS3 - as I said in my post.

the reason I am comparing old hardware to new is because sony keep comparing them.
"graphics as good as PS3 in your hands"

also why would I want to buy smaller handheld versions of full console games? that is stupid. if they want me to play it on the go, let me buy a console game and transfer it to psv. for free. if anyone buys uncharted in PS3 and still wants vita uncharted - they need their head examined.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
no I have never played a vita. I was asked if I had ever played games in the series.

the reason I am comparing old hardware to new is because sony keep comparing them.

also why would I want to buy smaller handheld versions of full console games? that is stupid. if they want me to play it on the go, let me buy a console game and transfer it to psv. for free. if anyone buys uncharted in PS3 and still wants vita uncharted - they need their head examined.
Although I much agree that a full blown experience is much better and sony keep comparing them, I kinda disagree with the bold. It's like wanting Mario Kart on Wii and still wants Mario Kart 7 needs to have their head examined.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I long for the day when news about Sony can be discussed in a reasonable manner on this forum.
Well, it's gbatemp after all, maybe if it was psptemp, this forum would be full of sony fanboy/nintendo haters.
But I really hope one day, we could all discuss video game in peace and love :)
A video game is still a game, on whatever console it is released, so let's just all enjoy games!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I long for the day when news about Sony can be discussed in a reasonable manner on this forum.
I long for the day when Nintendo and Sony can be discussed equally - no flaming, against the smartphones trying to overthrow the handheld industry. I am serious.

Well, it's gbatemp after all, maybe if it was psptemp, this forum would be full of sony fanboy/nintendo haters.
But I really hope one day, we could all discuss video game in peace and love :)
A video game is still a game, on whatever console it is released, so let's just all enjoy games!
THIS.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So glad I did not go and buy a 3DS it looks so puny compared to this beast.

Better games
Better features
Better graphics
Bigger Screen
Gameplay looks fantastic from trailers too
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Call Of Duty
FIFA
Wipeout
LBP
Silent Hill

Already better than the 3DS
Say where now? Say what now?
3ds 2012 line up
I think it even missing some titles....
3ds list next year(top 6)
HEROES OF RUIN
KID ICARUS: UPRISING
RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS
TEKKEN 3D: PRIME EDITION
DYNASTY WARRIORS VS.
PROFESSOR LAYTON VS. ACE ATTORNEY

Psv list next year(top 6)
Disgaea 3 Return
Gravity Rush
Shinobido 2
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Little Deviants

Yes I copied and past the words. :P

The fighting games, I'll just get those on the ps3.

Reality Fighters is a full game?

When November end, 3ds and psv would pretty much be at the same level with features and all.

It pretty much hd-like vs 3d, games vs games(Which is all up to developers).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So glad I did not go and buy a 3DS it looks so puny compared to this beast.

Better games
Better features
Better graphics
Bigger Screen
Gameplay looks fantastic from trailers too
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Call Of Duty
FIFA
Wipeout
LBP
Silent Hill

Already better than the 3DS
Say where now? Say what now?
3ds 2012 line up
I think it even missing some titles....
3ds list next year(top 6)
HEROES OF RUIN
KID ICARUS: UPRISING
RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS
TEKKEN 3D: PRIME EDITION
DYNASTY WARRIORS VS.
PROFESSOR LAYTON VS. ACE ATTORNEY

Psv list next year(top 6)
Disgaea 3 Return
Gravity Rush
Shinobido 2
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Little Deviants

Yes I copied and past the words. :P

The fighting games, I'll just get those on the ps3.

Reality Fighters is a full game?

When November end, 3ds and psv would pretty much be at the same level with features and all.

It pretty much hd-like vs 3d, games vs games(Which is all up to developers).
It's quite unfair to compare it like that. The PSV will just be out shortly in 2012 while the 3DS is already out for a year or less.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite unfair to compare it like that. The PSV will just be out shortly in 2012 while the 3DS is already out for a year or less.
There are ones talking about the "PSV is so much better!!!"

Not saying one better than the other,but it seems to me like he was showing a blind eye to the 3ds.

Where is Assassin's Creed and LBP on the list?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
There are ones talking about the "PSV is so much better!!!"

Not saying one better than the other,but it seems to me like he was showing a blind eye to the 3ds.
Well, it is kinda true 3DS is getting some very good software in 2012.

I'm just saying that your comparison is unfair, the 3DS afterall did have a mediocre launch.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country

Although I much agree that a full blown experience is much better and sony keep comparing them, I kinda disagree with the bold. It's like wanting Mario Kart on Wii and still wants Mario Kart 7 needs to have their head examined.

yes but the 3DS mariokart will be
1. in 3D, and 3D racing games are fantastic.
2. it's multiplayer. uncharted is a short, single player, single play through, waste of money. IMO

I think the Vita is a great piece of kit but also I believe sony will regret competing with itself in the long run.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. it's multiplayer. uncharted is a short, single player, single play through, waste of money. IMO

So since something is in 3D it's now a justified purchase?

Oh, where to start... Regardless, I think I'll end with "There is so much wrong in this statement".

EDIT:Add Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to the list. For North America at least.

EDIT 2: Also, UMvC3 on launch now means I'm sold. That's final.

Reactions: 1 person
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed some people here care about graphics, this whole HD and 3D is just gimmick. People are meant to be following which games suit them and buy the console/handheld that has those games not which company is making this console/handheld.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blah Blah Blah. So much crying going on around here by Nintendo Fanboys. Seriously, you already posted your opinion (Those games look like a crap) at least once per page, do you have to keep replying on every page?

I am getting it first day and am glad i don't depend on my parents to buy stuff for me.

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those games look pretty good. I will definitely buy a Vita when I have enough money. :P

I don't have a PS3, but I loved my PSP and also Umvc3 pretty much is the game that would really convince me that I need this. (not too interested in Uncharted or racing games...)
Just for the record, I have a 3DS and It's a great console. Both line-ups for the 3DS and Vita look great in 2012 and I can't wait to get stuck in to some quality games! :D

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So since something is in 3D it's now a justified purchase?

Oh, where to start... Regardless, I think I'll end with "There is so much wrong in this statement".

EDIT:Add Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to the list. For North America at least.

EDIT 2: Also, UMvC3 on launch now means I'm sold. That's final.
UMvC3 yea we havent seen this game already

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards