PlayStation doubles price of Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 following upgrade announcement

header.jpg

If you tuned into the State of Play broadcast and were interested in playing the remastered release of Horizon Zero Dawn, you would have seen that you could purchase the PlayStation 4 version of the game, and then upgraded to the PlayStation 5 release for $10. Directly following that reveal, PlayStation seems to have actually increased the price of Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4, making upgrades more expensive than they were just a few days ago.

In the UK, Horizon Zero Dawn's PS4 version was listed for £15.99 until the date of the State of Play showcase, to which it shot up to £34.99. These price changes can be tracked using PSPrices.com, which shows price increases in all regions for the game. In the US, Horizon Zero Dawn was available for $19.99 for well over a year, until it rose to $39.99 as of yesterday.

US chart.png

The remaster is priced at $49.99, making it the same price as buying the original game and upgrading, now, instead of offering a deal like it was merely two days ago. PlayStation did not officially announce anything regarding a price increase.

:arrow: Source

miniminx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is only YOU and your conscience. I guess you work for a living , right ?
Let's say you are a baker , a butcher, a driver and tomorrow, your customers will refuse to pay and steal you.
Do you steal your electricity at home? your purified tape water ? I buy my games.
Yes of course I work, but I would rather spend my money on something worthwhile - like a washing machine for example, rather than buy a couple of over priced games that require an internet connection and will stop working at some point.

If I was to have bought every game I have I wouldn't own my own house or have all the "stuff" I have. Also the vast majority of games are crap and only a handfull stick out in my mind that are worth buying, but how many nowadays can you buy on disc that don't require a patch, try to flog you micro tansactions, try to get you to buy DLC which should be part of the game in the first place?

If you think I feel guilty well I am going to tell you I don't. I've always pirated stuff and I always will. When I can avoid spending money on something I can get for free, I will take it for free 100% of the time.

Also do I use "purified tape water", I guess you mean tap water, well actually the water is cleaned before it reaches my house and has been filtered and chlorinated and had flouride added before it reaches me, my fridge has an ice machine and filters to purify the water and remove the chlorine, I also use one of those Brita water purifiers for cleaning water that I use when making bread/rolls/cakes etc.... What has that got to do with pircay?

Still I am happy you are sending your money, these share holders, game companies and over paid programmers will spend it wisely and I am sure the government is spending the tax they made from you wisely to fund the illegals that are invading the counrty.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think by charging $700 for a console that doesn't have a disc drive (not even a new console) they are going to lose a lot of customers. I grew up on consoles and just started gaming on PC some a couple of years ago, but they've taken away all incentive not to just game on PC especially when Sony puts all their games on Pc anyway.
Almost every pc game I play is far superior in graphics to it's PS4 counterpart. I was stunned at how Madden NFL from 2000 looks better on the pc than the new Madden NFL 25 looks on the sony platform. Same for God of War...

Reactions: miniminx

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why people are complaining there were so many chance for people to get the digital version at $9.99, it been on sale so many times.

You're assuming everyone was in a position to both buy it and want it at the same time prior to the increase.

Some people may have had say an xbox and only just bought a PS5 digital edition.

Last edited by tech3475,
  • Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol. Sony gave this game (and dlc?) away for free during Covid Outbreak™, because everyone thought the world was ending or whatever. It still sit in my back log, I think I have like 45 min playtime on it.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
This is whats killing gaming, too many idiots these days begging for fucking remasters all the time.

Like what the fuck, the PS4 isn't even dead yet and we are seeing fucking remasters.

And these so called digital upgrades are just another means to push console gaming more to digital only.

Another thing that's annoying with idiots these days, always crying out for fucking PRO models..... fucking give it a rest will you.

Stop giving them more excuses to lazily cash grab anything they can, let a console live out its life and move on.

These PRO models are useless, they offer next to fuck all due to the fact games will still have to support its base model, so your never going to get anything to justify the cost of buying another bs console.

Then the fact said game on its disc will be base version and as if its not bad enough having to download hundreds of GBs just to play a basic game, these so called PRO ENHANCEMENTS likely offer minimal yet likely 2x the data that will now have to be downloaded.

I'd rather have the console live out its life and then actually get something next gen thats an actual improvement over the last gen.

Not like what we had this gen with all this hype about Ray tracing and 4k resolutions, yet it cripples your system where it cant do it without sacrificing the other.

4k resolutions but at a low frame rate, Ray tracing but at a low resolution and/or frame rate.

Next gen consoles used to actually push boundaries, not rehash the same shit, but why, because idiots keep screaming for the same shit over and over.

There's nothing in this post thst I can disagree with. I have nothing else to contribute, just wanted to let you know.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
yes, according to you i'm supposed to just consume the news and not question or relay my comments on it
because that's how discussions work right? just don't ever question anti-consumer practices, that's how the industry improves right?
Literally never said what you just assumed. But your comment was brainrot, hence this "discussion".

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Sony gave this game (and dlc?) away for free during Covid Outbreak™, because everyone thought the world was ending or whatever. It still sit in my back log, I think I have like 45 min playtime on it.
I enjoyed it so much I maxxed out at level 60 so there was really nothing else to do.
Post automatically merged:

This is whats killing gaming, too many idiots these days begging for fucking remasters all the time.

Like what the fuck, the PS4 isn't even dead yet and we are seeing fucking remasters.

And these so called digital upgrades are just another means to push console gaming more to digital only.

Another thing that's annoying with idiots these days, always crying out for fucking PRO models..... fucking give it a rest will you.

Stop giving them more excuses to lazily cash grab anything they can, let a console live out its life and move on.

These PRO models are useless, they offer next to fuck all due to the fact games will still have to support its base model, so your never going to get anything to justify the cost of buying another bs console.

Then the fact said game on its disc will be base version and as if its not bad enough having to download hundreds of GBs just to play a basic game, these so called PRO ENHANCEMENTS likely offer minimal yet likely 2x the data that will now have to be downloaded.

I'd rather have the console live out its life and then actually get something next gen thats an actual improvement over the last gen.

Not like what we had this gen with all this hype about Ray tracing and 4k resolutions, yet it cripples your system where it cant do it without sacrificing the other.

4k resolutions but at a low frame rate, Ray tracing but at a low resolution and/or frame rate.

Next gen consoles used to actually push boundaries, not rehash the same shit, but why, because idiots keep screaming for the same shit over and over.
It's called a "Pro" console, yet the disc drive isn't even built into the console, it's detachable AND requires an online activation. Nope, pass. 😑

I will say, the PS1-themed DualSense controller looks absolutely phenomenal so much so I pre-ordered two of them for myself (not from Sony's PS Direct broken garbage website).

loveShmups

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes of course I work, but I would rather spend my money on something worthwhile - like a washing machine for example, rather than buy a couple of over priced games that require an internet connection and will stop working at some point.

If I was to have bought every game I have I wouldn't own my own house or have all the "stuff" I have. Also the vast majority of games are crap and only a handfull stick out in my mind that are worth buying, but how many nowadays can you buy on disc that don't require a patch, try to flog you micro tansactions, try to get you to buy DLC which should be part of the game in the first place?

If you think I feel guilty well I am going to tell you I don't. I've always pirated stuff and I always will. When I can avoid spending money on something I can get for free, I will take it for free 100% of the time.

Also do I use "purified tape water", I guess you mean tap water, well actually the water is cleaned before it reaches my house and has been filtered and chlorinated and had flouride added before it reaches me, my fridge has an ice machine and filters to purify the water and remove the chlorine, I also use one of those Brita water purifiers for cleaning water that I use when making bread/rolls/cakes etc.... What has that got to do with pircay?

Still I am happy you are sending your money, these share holders, game companies and over paid programmers will spend it wisely and I am sure the government is spending the tax they made from you wisely to fund the illegals that are invading the counrty.
"Still I am happy you are sending your money, these share holders, game companies and over paid programmers will spend it wisely and I am sure the government is spending the tax they made from you wisely to fund the illegals that are invading the counrty."
Wow... Must be fun to be in your head. "to fund the illegals that are invading the counrty." You must be American or british, no ? Don't worry it's getting more simple in the next future = digital games with less and less physical games. Good luck with your games... Anyway, Good luck and good night !!

hharuhara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised they did the disc SKU of the slim, rather than just produce the digital and make the ODD an add-on only....which becomes rare/scalped.
People keep talking like it's some kind of unobtanium, yet it's in stock right now on PS Direct. It rarely goes out of stock and typically returns within days. The whole "scalper"/"artificial scarcity" thing is way overblown.

is this legal? it can't be, it probably is but shouldn't be
What's the argument for why it shouldn't be legal? I can understand that there can be a valid reason to regulate prices of essential goods and services in situations where the market is monopolized (e.g. there can realistically be only one electricity company servicing the area), but this is just an entertainment product with thousands of other options.

Last edited by hharuhara,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Common ? Do you live in a communist country or a developed country ??
As a producer, Sony can change its prices when he wants to. This is a free market....

You can read roughly 400 millions dollars , here and there..
source : New Report Says Sony’s ‘Concord’ Cost $400 Million To Make

This is only YOU and your conscience. I guess you work for a living , right ?
Let's say you are a baker , a butcher, a driver and tomorrow, your customers will refuse to pay and steal you.
Do you steal your electricity at home? your purified tape water ? I buy my games.
Piracy is not theft as you are not stealing something. You can’t compare copying a digital piece of software to somebody breaking into a shop and stealing deli meat and bread. You might as well tell me that you prefer kumquats to oranges. It makes no sense. Is it morally wrong? That’s not the argument to be had here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ancientboi being tired of the word anus is like diddy being tired of baby oil