PlayStation details new information and features for the PSVR2 headset

,mdlsadf.png

Sony is eager to tease some new information about its upcoming PlayStation VR2 headset. New to the VR2 is the ability to use the headset's outer cameras to see what's going on in your room without having to take the VR2 off, a useful feature that'll let players locate their controllers a bit easier. Those cameras will also allow you to map your play area, by scanning your room to make a safe boundary, with an included warning sound if you go outside of it while playing. Another inclusion is 360-view game content, with a 4000x2040 resolution, as well as a cinematic mode, meant for watching media at 1080p at 24hz on a virtual screen.

:arrow: Source

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that for now, the only way to make a good wireless VR headset would be to make it a stand alone device with the entire computer build into the headset.
At least for now.

Maybe in the future with Wifi 9 we can have wireless streaming suitable for VR.
the latency needs to be very low, and the bandwidth needs to be very high.
Also the connection needs to be very stable with minimal interference.

We are simply not there yet. I can sort of use PS Remote play with my Wifi6 router, but it's not very stable. Over LAN it's much much better.

I would not like that experience in a VR headset.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original PSVR was horrendous, but this at least seems somewhat promising. Funny how they seem to be suddenly putting effort into this after what Playstation's CEO said in 2020.

Indeed it does.

He’s likely flogging his minions to ensure his “predictions” come true:
PlayStation's CEO said VR will not be "meaningful component of interactive entertainment" until at least 2022

“*checks watch* Let the beatings begin…” -Jim Ryan (probably)

Reactions: Mama Looigi

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People complaining about the wire, I had a PSVR and bow have a Quest 2, the wire is really no big deal, the real pisser at the time was that it needed it's own box, a USB wire, a power cord, an HDMI leadto the PS4 and to the TV. It looked like your PS4 was on life support.

The Quest 2 is cool and all but it is underpowered so games are kind of bare bone on the visual side.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
PSVR2 are waste money and useless. I'm not fans of VR. I'm not interest in VR anymore. Companies made VR and will see poor sales then stop support VR.

I love controller over VR. More easily and not much hassle than VR.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PSVR2 are waste money and useless. I'm not fans of VR. I'm not interest in VR anymore. Companies made VR and will see poor sales then stop support VR.

I love controller over VR. More easily and not much hassle than VR.
You should write an email directly to the CEO of Sony to tell them they are wasting their time developing a product that YOU aren't interested in.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about the wire, I had a PSVR and bow have a Quest 2, the wire is really no big deal, the real pisser at the time was that it needed it's own box, a USB wire, a power cord, an HDMI leadto the PS4 and to the TV. It looked like your PS4 was on life support.

The Quest 2 is cool and all but it is underpowered so games are kind of bare bone on the visual side.
Hating that, but how would the ps4 send the display if it didn't have the box to take the ps4 output to the box input, then send to the vr headset.

As long as you have plenty of cable, nothing can beat a direct connection for best results.

Wires are not a problem when I play vr, mainly because I am sat down anyway.

My ISP are a set of phoney cunts that claim to provide fibre speed of 400mbps, yet the crap router they provide when installing cant cope as soon as someone tries downloading.

And everyone in my house are constantly online, either streaming, gaming, if I was to try remotely stream vr, my ISP would struggle and probably buffer or display at a crap resolution.

So I'd rather cut that crap out and have a wire direct to the console to transmit the display to the vr headset.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite aspect of VR is playing with a group in my living room (having older family members try it for the first time, while streaming it is always a good time). I have a Quest 1, and that's the biggest caveat for me currently, since I need to stream to my TV or Shield, and the quality isn't that great.

Having a headset integrated with my PS5 sounds perfect for that specific experience, so I'm pretty hyped for this.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sony is eager to tease some new information about its upcoming PlayStation VR2 headset. New to the VR2 is the ability to use the headset's outer cameras to see what's going on in your room without having to take the VR2 off, a useful feature that'll let players locate their controllers a bit easier. Those cameras will also allow you to map your play area, by scanning your room to make a safe boundary, with an included warning sound if you go outside of it while playing. Another inclusion is 360-view game content, with a 4000x2040 resolution, as well as a cinematic mode, meant for watching media at 1080p at 24hz on a virtual screen.

:arrow: Source
But I just bought the Quest 2 yesterday !

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From the company that brought you:
- a cheap copy of Wii motion controls
- a cheap copy of Kinect full-body motion capturing
- a cheap copy of Super Smash Bros.
- a cheap copy of HD Rumble

Get ready for a cheap copy of the Oculus Quest (wirelessness not included).

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Get ready for a cheap copy of the Oculus Quest (wirelessness not included).
Well, if Sony doesn't play it dumb and gives this thing an affordable price compared to the retarded price hike of the oculus/quest/whatever, I'mma bet they gonna be seeing lots of sales, lol, if they also decide to make it PC compatible, even more (or someone figures how to get it working on PC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh