PlayStation 5 logo and PS4 lifetime sales shown off at CES 2020

aC7rBne.png

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's the motto that Sony has going into the next console generation, or at least, in regards to the marketing for it. CES 2020 is currently underway, showing off all the upcoming hardware for the ensuing year, including game consoles. Sony's CES 2020 media event kept details to a minimum, choosing to instead go over information already previously announced, such as the system's ultra-fast SSD, 3D audio, and ray-tracing among them. What was new to the briefing, was the first official usage of the PlayStation 5's logo, which looks exactly the same as the PlayStation logos before it. Just like the PlayStation 3 and 4 logos, the PlayStation 5 is simplified down to "PS5" on a flat colored background, in the iconic font, along with a PlayStation symbol appearing before it. The PlayStation 5 is still projected for a holiday 2020 release.

Additionally, during the media event, Sony revealed that PlayStation 4 sales have reached 106 million units worldwide, shifting around 3.5 million consoles during the holiday season. Meanwhile, PlayStation VR surpassed 5 million headsets sold. We also now have the total sales of combined physical and digital PlayStation 4 games, which is 1.15 billion games sold, across the PlayStation Network and retailers around the globe.

:arrow: Source

Hern4ndeZzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good for them, but it doesn't erase their new stance regarding censorship.

Well, they already got my money anyway, so I guess it really doesn't matter what I think now...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow....how original. still not getting one after how much the ps4 disappointed the shit out of me. just sticking with PC and switch fuck everything else.
Lol the ps4 and xbx1 had some excellent titles.

The switch doesnt dissapoint when its mainly littered with indy or ps3/360 ports.

I think theres maybe another reason to why you dislike sony.

As for the logo who actually cares, its not like its something you sit looking at.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
5 million PSVR sales is pretty impressive, but I suppose it's to be expected with "proper" budget VR.

As to the logo, literally nobody gives a shit about it anyways so meh. Just trying to gather up that hype for their (likely) E3 full reveal.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As to the logo, literally nobody gives a shit about it anyways so meh. Just trying to gather up that hype for their (likely) E3 full reveal.
People do giv a shit Logos are important its about identity and history for example everyone knows the dreamcast logo the N64 logo when they see it plus it sells merchandise - end of the day an original looking logo is better to hav than a generic plain looking logo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the irony is that microsoft probably spent as much time as sony coming up with a name for their next gen console. :-p

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People do giv a shit Logos are important its about identity and history for example everyone knows the dreamcast logo the N64 logo when they see it plus it sells merchandise - end of the day an original looking logo is better to hav than a generic plain looking logo
But when you've cultivated the brand recognition that Sony has for the Playstation brand, they could literally release it without ANY logo and it still sell like hotcakes. Nobody bought the Dreamcast or the N64 because of their logos.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But when you've cultivated the brand recognition that Sony has for the Playstation brand, they could literally release it without ANY logo and it still sell like hotcakes. Nobody bought the Dreamcast or the N64 because of their logos.
Lot of miserable people here - if Yr designing clothes you want a powerful logo to associate with yrself and show off to yr customers and its the same with gaming - it's not about they will still buy it anyway-people want to see style and flair from the company - and if you were designing a logo for yr company I'm sure you'd put in some effort to make it stand out if not then yr boring people

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lot of miserable people here - if Yr designing clothes you want a powerful logo to associate with yrself and show off to yr customers and its the same with gaming - it's not about they will still buy it anyway-people want to see style and flair from the company - and if you were designing a logo for yr company I'm sure you'd put in some effort to make it stand out if not then yr boring people
I am a fucking designer! I'm sat at my Mac Pro right now designing! Non-disclosures prevent me from divulging my client list, but it includes global brands everyone here will have heard of... and they all rely on brand recognition above flashy logos.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am a fucking designer! I'm sat at my Mac Pro right now designing! Non-disclosures prevent me from divulging my client list, but it includes global brands everyone here will have heard of... and they all rely on brand recognition above flashy logos.
wel it sounded like you didnt giv a toss about logos and as you kno then a logo helps merchandise also and I used to wear dreamcast and N64 t shirts because of ther brand name and logos - yeh the dreamcast didn't hav the best history but everyone will still remba it for the short time it did hav

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wel it sounded like you didnt giv a toss about logos and as you kno then a logo helps merchandise also and I used to wear dreamcast and N64 t shirts because of ther brand name and logos - yeh the dreamcast didn't hav the best history but everyone will still remba it for the short time it did hav
I agree, in so much as the N64 logo is a good logo and the Dreamcast is a great console (although I've never really liked the logo, it is admittedly very recognisable) - however, both the Nintendo and Sega logos individually have a ton of brand recognition.
Regardless of logo, it's the marketing that will sell systems; that can either be by cleverly incorporating the logo into the marketing (like we saw Nintendo do with the Switch), or how Sony tends to do it, which is usually with flashy style and visuals that barely represent the product.
Rebrands of already well established branding generally affect brands negatively.

D

Deleted User

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's the motto that Sony has going into the next console generation, or at least, in regards to the marketing for it. CES 2020 is currently underway, showing off all the upcoming hardware for the ensuing year, including game consoles. Sony's CES 2020 media event kept details to a minimum, choosing to instead go over information already previously announced, such as the system's ultra-fast SSD, 3D audio, and ray-tracing among them. What was new to the briefing, was the first official usage of the PlayStation 5's logo, which looks exactly the same as the PlayStation logos before it. Just like the PlayStation 3 and 4 logos, the PlayStation 5 is simplified down to "PS5" on a flat colored background, in the iconic font, along with a PlayStation symbol appearing before it. The PlayStation 5 is still projected for a holiday 2020 release.

Additionally, during the media event, Sony revealed that PlayStation 4 sales have reached 106 million units worldwide, shifting around 3.5 million consoles during the holiday season. Meanwhile, PlayStation VR surpassed 5 million headsets sold. We also now have the total sales of combined physical and digital PlayStation 4 games, which is 1.15 billion games sold, across the PlayStation Network and retailers around the globe.

:arrow: Source

PS5?
At This time of day.
At This Ces Conf
Loclised enitrely within sony's lab!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: