• Replies 89
  • Likes 2

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
KCmcANR.jpg

I think I forgot how long I saved to get Sega MegaDrive & SNES.
Now I understand why NeoGeo, 3DO, Jaguar, and CD-i is failing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, not necessarily... If we didn't eat any junk there would be no need for toothbrush, the problem is we eat too much candy

EDIT: Ever noticed how animals don't brush their teeth and still they don't need to use denture?

Archeology probably begs to differ- the move to farming from hunter gather made survival somewhat easier and allowed things like society to work (hunter gather tends to be about break even in terms of time spent getting enough energy to do it all over again) but it did see a marked decline in dental quality.

Equally animals- many will still chew on something (there is a reason you are often told to have a bowl of dry food for animals) and more importantly bad/broken teeth (and the sorting thereof) is one of the bigger reasons why captive animals live longer than wild ones.

Re gaming PC.... certainly you could see the benefits of dropping 1000 or more but games do seem to have been held back a bit in terms of specs so 500 or so can do a lot of damage. Done right you might even be able to get half nice system with a cheaper graphics card and upgrade instead.

As for the matter at hand it could work or it could not, trouble is I am not sure what Sony could offer to mitigate it all unless MS does go full penny pinching mode as the rumour the other day suggested could happen.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Don't know where you guys have been shopping, but I have never paid over 250+tax for a console.
I remember the Dreamcast being 4999 SEK here, that's $788 in todays exchange rate ( $1 = 6.34 SEK ). Back in 1999 it would've been $588 ( $1 = 8.50 SEK)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it isn't. Anything that cost a 3rd or 4th of average monthly pay check is too high. Looks like I'll be jumping ship this generation for a long time. At least my father inlaw get's pc parts from his company for free. Looks like I have legitimate reasons to go PC gaming. Unreasonable pricing and console DRMs are not for me.

That's why it's a luxury. The Xbox 360 launched at the same price and it was fine.

Compare it to the Wii U (which is reasonably priced). It's a little more advanced than our current consoles and thus sells for a little more (new base model PS3s for reference are $250 although they mostly sell in bundles at $300). The PS4 we can reasonably assume is significantly more advanced than current consoles and thus costs more. $100-$150 more than current gen isn't bad.

Also it's a luxury, of course it'll cost a lot of money regardless.

stoned collage students?! :rofl2:

Well they spend so much time making fucking collages they obviously don't know how to do statistics!

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I remember playing the NeoGeo at a friends house at the time, I owned the SNES and I remember saying to him "This doesn't look like it's worth all the extra money..." He had Magician Lord, NAM 1975, and some other game.

Very cool system but even the games where insanely priced, I believe they ran from 179.99 for the "budget" games and 249.99 for some of the more expensive games.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually it doesn't have anything to do with IBM PC compatibility per se, it's all about Macs running on Intel processors instead of PowerPC. After the change from PowerPC to Intel was done, Windows was compatible. If Macs were still in the PowerPC wagon, I doubt Windows would run on it.

Yes, it is. A PC is not just a machine with a x86 processor, it is a machine who follow a series of standards as to type of hardware, type of connectors and type of peripherals. Macs were almost IBM PC compatible before switching to x86, they used IDE interfaces, USB, VGA, PS/2 connectors all of them standards imposed by the PC platform. The only thing that was missing for Mac to be fully PC compatible was using x86 proccessors.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
gaming is luxury, yes I agree.
but it no longer being exclusive things because everyone want it.
just like cars, the company knows it, they monitoring our behavior.

instead making something durable or powerful with high price, they made something more affordable but not so durable or powerful.
just like anybody else, everyone just trying to make a fortune, but in the end you know you can't satisfy everyone.

cheaper things? there's always someone telling it's too expensive.
cheaper games? it doesn't stop piracy.
Expensive quality games? shit I can't afford it, I'll just download it.
make it free? it's a crap.
make it free? don't take it, it's a trap.
make it free and give you money?! SCAMMM.
Free TV channel? it's full of ads, so it's crap.
Paid TV Channel? I HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH?
Selling water in a bottle? Are you out of mind?
etc.

Thank you guys.
Good Night.

Reactions: wolfmanz51

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh, good old inflation... I remember going to a games store with my dad and him buying Superman on the 2600 for about £40 and thinking WTF you Madman!, back in summat like 1982... that works out at about £175 now, ouch!

$400... flock the yanks and their moaning, who's reckoning us Euro's get royally screwed once again..... hell, our friends over the pond pay about a 3rd for their petrol, sorry, 'gas' (don't get me started about the 'gas' thing lol....) so shouldn't be moaning anyway: whilst there were PS3's burned at the stake over there for its $600 launch pricepoint, us lot had to wait nearly a soddin year, THEN get charged £425 (currently $668, but back then that was ~$800...)!!

Anyway, lost myself a bit there! $400 is a good pricepoint - probably equates to £350 here really, which is roughly the price of the deluxe Wii U at the moment..... It could be a lot worse! MS are coming to the table with a (apparently) comparatively underpowered console.... really they must undercut this price! (Who's guessing you HAVE to have Kinect 2 which comes packaged with it though..) £350 should also force a price drop for the Wii U - good news all round if this pricepoint is true!

Reactions: Skelletonike

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think $399 is a reasonable price point at this day and age compared to its current gen hardware that's out now. But I wouldn't be surprised if the final price at launch is $599, ijs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*chart*

The chart is entertaining but not really relevant in the discussion due to issues of inflation. :P

Unless you have a chart that takes that into account? Now THAT would be educational!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.