• Views 6,746
  • Replies 89
  • Likes 2

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games are use for stress relief and entertainment. I didn't know about you, but I can't live without some form of entertainment (at least not happily and/or comfortably) and video games is one of my choices for entertainment even if I can go for everything and the biggest thing.

Internet (isn't a phone deem so too?) is becoming/is essential thing, why can't my form entertainment be to me?

What a load of bull, do you realize how spoiled you are or how spoiled you sound? How spoiled we all are. You do realize that you only think you need these things because you grew up in an environment that allowed you to have such things. You take them for granted, people are starving in third world countries, struggling to live one day to the next, and you have the balls to tell me that these completely unnecessary forms of entertainment aren't a luxury, and something you need?! Jesus Christ you make me sick man. The internet is not a necessity. Man lived for years without it, and man could live for years without it. They're great amazing things don't get me wrong, but they're completely man-made and unnecessary for life. You only think they are necessary because you can't imagine a life without it. Don't let that confuse you though, its absolutely a luxury.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What a load of bull, do you realize how spoiled you are or how spoiled you sound? How spoiled we all are. You do realize that you only think you need these things because you grew up in an environment that allowed you to have such things. You take them for granted, people are starving in third world countries, struggling to live one day to the next, and you have the balls to tell me that these completely unnecessary forms of entertainment aren't a luxury, and something you need?! Jesus Christ you make me sick man. The internet is not a necessity. Man lived for years without it, and man could live for years without it. They're great amazing things don't get me wrong, but they're completely man-made and unnecessary for life. You only think they are necessary because you can't imagine a life without it. Don't let that confuse you though, its absolutely a luxury.
A lighbulb was once a luxury too my friend. So many things that used to be a luxury has became a necessity to live an adequate and comfortable life. Yes we take things for granted but its not like you can remember the day all you had was a cave and a rock. My first christmas present ever was a SNES (Yes I was only 1 and yes I was an excuse for getting the new Nintendo) and I had videogames in my entire life. I believe its an essential to life.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lighbulb was once a luxury too my friend. So many things that used to be a luxury has became a necessity to live an adequate and comfortable life. Yes we take things for granted but its not like you can remember the day all you had was a cave and a rock. My first christmas present ever was a SNES (Yes I was only 1 and yes I was an excuse for getting the new Nintendo) and I had videogames in my entire life. I believe its an essential to life.

I would say a lightbulb is still a luxury. What are you people not getting about this? Anything that we use in order to make life easier, for entertainment, etc. that we don't need to live or continue living. Its a luxury. If it ever once was a luxury, its still a luxury. This is my point, our lives are filled with luxuries, because of how we've continued to evolve to such a point where now we just want to make life easier, and so many of us take all these luxuries in life for granted. A light bulb is absolutely a luxury, I wish you could appreciate it. Again, its people like you that make me sick, stop and appreciate what you have for just a moment, and stop being such an ignorant consumer. There are so many people in the world that would love to have even a roof over their heads, and a guarantee where there next meal is going to come from. Nothing any of you say is going to change my opinion on what I consider a luxury.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing any of you say is going to change my opinion on what I consider a luxury.
So why continue? If what you belive is a luxury is different from others opinions of a luxury why even state it? A meal/shelter/water/ect could never be a luxury because its a necessity. If I want to have an extravagant way of living as a "ignorant consumer" then so be it. If you live in a 3rd world country and is poor your probably the cause of overpopulation anyways. One can't blame the "ignorant consumer" on that, blame the damn parents who brought that lame excuse of life into that poor cruel world. If so then the only true luxury in this world is to be raised in a good, well off comfortable home the you should blame the poor and disadvantaged for being weak.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why continue? If what you belive is a luxury is different from others opinions of a luxury why even state it? A meal/shelter/water/ect could never be a luxury because its a necessity. If I want to have an extravagant way of living as a "ignorant consumer" then so be it. If you live in a 3rd world country and is poor your probably the cause of overpopulation anyways. One can't blame the "ignorant consumer" on that, blame the damn parents who brought that lame excuse of life into that poor cruel world. If so then the only true luxury in this world is to be raised in a good, well off comfortable home the you should blame the poor and disadvantaged for being weak.

I'm stating it because people take for granted so much in life and think that so many luxuries in our lives are givens and therefore not luxuries. Its really quite disgusting.

I can't believe you just said that if you live in a 3rd world country and are poor you probably cause the overpopulation. What a terribly ignorant thing to say. You could have been born anywhere, you're lucky that history lined up the way it did, so that you weren't born in a third world country, have you no appreciation for the suffering others are born into by no choice of their own?!?! You continue to make me more and more sick.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, because third world countries live worse/differently then us, then we should live the same?
We are taking them for granted because we didn't see something or most the stuff we use for our daily life
as luxury? Quite frankly, since you are so quick to diss some much as luxury, maybe you are the one
taking it for granted? There a lot of stuff men didn't have in the PAST that we have today that necessary to
that certain person.

Think about all the stuff you got, then think about if all that stuff was gone, but water, food and tent over your head (all of which you need to make/get yourself) , do you think you could or want to live that way?

Some people are doing even better off then me, if they need something make the most out of there life somehow that I didn't need then so be it. I'm not going to try to guilt trip them out of it.

I would say a lightbulb is still a luxury. What are you people not getting about this? Anything that we use in order to make life easier, for entertainment, etc. that we don't need to live or continue living. Its a luxury. If it ever once was a luxury, its still a luxury. This is my point, our lives are filled with luxuries, because of how we've continued to evolve to such a point where now we just want to make life easier, and so many of us take all these luxuries in life for granted. A light bulb is absolutely a luxury, I wish you could appreciate it. Again, its people like you that make me sick, stop and appreciate what you have for just a moment, and stop being such an ignorant consumer. There are so many people in the world that would love to have even a roof over their heads, and a guarantee where there next meal is going to come from. Nothing any of you say is going to change my opinion on what I consider a luxury.
So, making life easier (which may include these things) isn't a necessary? Isn't that the point of evolution,to make things easier for us?

Look I'm not saying go buy all the biggest things, all I'm saying is that these small extra things you are so quick to diss as luxury, helps with living for that certain person.

Leave all the extra stuff behind and then come back and say you didn't need the things you have.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, because third world countries live worse/differently then us, then we should live the same?
We are taking them for granted because we didn't see something or most the stuff we use for our daily life
as luxury? Quite frankly, since you are so quick to diss some much as luxury, maybe you are the one
taking it for granted? There a lot of stuff men didn't have in the PAST that we have today that necessary to
that certain person.

Think about all the stuff you got, then think about if all that stuff was gone, but water, food and tent over your head (all of which you need to make/get yourself) , do you think you could or want to live that way?

Some people are doing even better off then me, if they need something make the most out of there life somehow that I didn't need then so be it. I'm not going to try to guilt trip them out of it.

So, making life easier (which may include these things) isn't a necessary? Isn't that the point of evolution,
to make things easier for us?

Look I'm not saying go buy all the biggest things, all I'm saying is that these small extra things you are so quick to diss as luxury, helps with living for the certain person.

Leave all the extra stuff behind and then come back and say you didn't need the things you have.

Jesus Christ people what aren't you getting? We absolutely should keep living the way we do. Just stop every once and a while and appreciate how awesome life is because of all the luxuries we now have. Thats it. There is no greater message here. We have lots of luxuries. Thats just the fact of the matter. Its neither a good or a bad thing. In the context of what brought this up, my only point is, a GBA no matter how much you bought it for, if it still works and plays video games, its a luxury. The End. There's nothing more to it than that. Sorry if thats not what you want to hear, but thats the simple truth to it all. Get over it and accept it, because its true. We are living in a life full of luxuries, some more luxurious than others, but all of them luxuries.

Never once did I set out to diss luxuries, I only set out to define what luxuries are. And I'm alarmed by what some people don't realize what luxuries are. I love luxuries, they're fantastic, but the simplest things, including light bulbs are luxuries. Don't take that as me bad mouthing luxuries, cuz thats not what I'm doing at all.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm stating it because people take for granted so much in life and think that so many luxuries in our lives are givens and therefore not luxuries. Its really quite disgusting.

I can't believe you just said that if you live in a 3rd world country and are poor you probably cause the overpopulation. What a terribly ignorant thing to say. You could have been born anywhere, you're lucky that history lined up the way it did, so that you weren't born in a third world country, have you no appreciation for the suffering others are born into by no choice of their own?!?! You continue to make me more and more sick.
JUST PUKE ALREADY!!!!! :D

Who the hell would appreciate suffering? If you mean sympathy then thats a no, beacuse 1 I have no way to relate 2 I am not to blame.

What should make you sick is people taking necessities for granted! Entertainment (a luxury) has no other gain other than excitement and comfort.... This is getting too OT so im done now if you want to continue feel free to PM me.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JUST PUKE ALREADY!!!!! :D

Who the hell would appreciate suffering? If you mean sympathy then thats a no, beacuse 1 I have no way to relate 2 I am not to blame.

What should make you sick is people taking necessities for granted! Entertainment (a luxury) has no other gain other than excitement and comfort.... This is getting too OT so im done now if you want to continue feel free to PM me.

I don't understand what the problem is here. I'm not bad mouthing luxuries, I'm just pointing out what a luxury is, and how our lives are full of them. Hell I love luxuries, but at least I can recognize them for what they are. In the context that brought this all up, I asbsolutely stand by the fact that a GBA no matter the price if it still works and plays video games, its a luxury. And you know why? You could just as easily keep living without that GBA at the expense of not having gained entertainment in your life where you would fill it playing the GBA. Do you get this or not? Because this is all that my point is. I love the GBA, I love light bulbs, but I know that these are all luxuries. Understand this and move on.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last cents since I'm not taking this any farther.

I'm not saying you are dissing luxuries, I'm saying dissing everything as luxuries if it not
main things on the bases of the past and worse off counties.

There's a difference between just merely surviving, not even trying get more from life, vs living.
I'm not going sit here say "I didn't need that or they didn't need that" if it something I like to do that in my grasp when it helps me for feels comforted or anything else for apart of my life. All in balance of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse