Playing SMT4 Apocalypse undub and can't save on Gateway emunand.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Solar12, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Solar12
    OP

Solar12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    I had the first undub version, it was incomplete.
    A finished version released and I updated to it, I could load my saves but then I couldn't save. It just never finished saving.
    I wasn't far in, so I deleted my saves (or so I thought) and restarted. First chance I got, I tried to save. Same problem despite not seeing any save files.

Now every time I launch the game I get "Save data is corrupted. Save game could not be initialized."
    SMT4A is a card2 and are .3ds files. I even deleted and recopied the new version, no change. :\

What do I do to delete this seemingly invisible corrupted save data?

2. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    tried save the other slots ?

3. Solar12
    OP

Solar12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    The save in slot 1 is the cart and every other slot is the SD card.
    When I put the updated .3ds on my Gateway, the Slot 1 was gone naturally, but the SD saves were still there. I could load the SD save and play normally. But I could not save the game. It just hangs on the saving part. Though I deleted my saves in hopes of fixing it, but the save data still lingers SOMEWHERE, as it tried to load corrupted data on launch, but I can't find what it's trying to load in order to delete it. :\
    It's frustrating.

Last edited by Solar12, Jan 13, 2017
  4. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by emuashui, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Why not .. dunno, stop using Gateway to play SMT4? I have SMT4-undub installed on my A9LH console and it works just fine.