Hacking Playing Burned Games

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm giving this a second shot. I have the Backup Channel installed and everything, and I've found an external DVD-drive that should work just fine in burning ISOs. My only problem now is what disk to use.

I currently have:

Maxell DVD-Rs
Memorex DVD+Rs

Will either of these work for burning ISOs, or will I have to go out and buy some Verbatims?

Thanks.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Memorex DVD+R worked for me, just two things:

Burn at 8X is your PC is above 1.6GHz and 512MB RAM
Change the Book Type to DVD-ROM

Maxell should work too but you need to test by burning with ImgBurn at AWS (Auto Writting Speed)..!!
smile.gif

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Gingy said:
Alright, I'm giving this a second shot. I have the Backup Channel installed and everything, and I've found an external DVD-drive that should work just fine in burning ISOs. My only problem now is what disk to use.

I currently have:

Maxell DVD-Rs
Memorex DVD+Rs

Will either of these work for burning ISOs, or will I have to go out and buy some Verbatims?

Thanks.

Never tried Memorex, but Maxell should do the trick just fine. I got a 50-pack a while ago and never had any problems.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just changed my booktype to DVD-Rom, so that's all good. I guess I'll try out both and see if either works. Thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres loads of info on the forums about disc types whats good and bad - try doing a search first as theres a lot of different opinions - usually DVD-r's are safest but its not a golden rule and some brands just dont work

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally speaking, Memorex are complete shit. CMC Mag are totally unreliable. You may produce a working disc, but will very likely have problems with it down the line. Maxell are so-so, but far better then Memorex.

If you want quality, stick with the tried and true.....Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

Here is a great link for referencing dvd quality

http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stang said:
Generally speaking, Memorex are complete shit. CMC Mag are totally unreliable. You may produce a working disc, but will very likely have problems with it down the line. Maxell are so-so, but far better then Memorex.

If you want quality, stick with the tried and true.....Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

Here is a great link for referencing dvd quality

http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

That's what I thought. I'll probably just buy a pack of Verbatims, just to be completely safe.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah better safe then sorry. I see you live in the States, supermediastore.com usually has pretty good deals and fast shipping on both Verbatim and Taiyo's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-