Hacking PlayCoinSetter for NinjHax?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how play coins can be set using userland permissions only (hence why 3DSGuy's recompiled tool worked on Gateway prior to 2.6), has anyone tried to make something for NinjHax that does the same function?

I'd really be interested in giving myself more play coins without needing to do the whole "system transfer to emuNAND and back" stuff. (Talking about my 9.x unit I go online with)

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Wouldn't mind to see something like this happen, although it seems a little to early (at least to me) for bigger things such as this, or cheating utilities to come up right now, not to mention if It would be possible with the userland exploit NinjHax uses.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't mind to see something like this happen, although it seems a little to early (at least to me) for bigger things such as this, or cheating utilities to come up right now, not to mention if It would be possible with the userland exploit NinjHax uses.

I already know it's possible. Play coins don't need any more than userland access since retail games can add/remove play coins anyway. Remember, Gateway didn't allow ROMs to have kernel access until very recently.

Reactions: Margen67

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already know it's possible. Play coins don't need any more than userland access since retail games can add/remove play coins anyway. Remember, Gateway didn't allow ROMs to have kernel access until very recently.
While it would make more than sense that if games can remove play coins, that they can also add them... But is there actually a single game that adds play coins?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it would make more than sense if that games can remove play coins, that they can also add them... But is there actually a single game that adds play coins?

Nope, but apparently that was just Nintendo's oversight. I had asked that question months ago, "can retail games actually add play coins" and people told me yes. This was before Gateway supported dev tools like DevMenu and I was curious how the PlayCoinSetter actually worked.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds like a interesting idea, and sounds somewhat plausible,.....would be nice to have a actual homebrew alternative so it would be legally sharable too :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What do play coins even do? Seriously, I've owned a 3DS for over a year and I have no idea.
they are just used as a sort of cross game virtual currency, like you can buy the statues on smash bros, and stuff like that......not many games use them, but they can be kinda handy for some games

Reactions: Margen67

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do play coins even do? Seriously, I've owned a 3DS for over a year and I have no idea.
Supposedly, when you collect enough, they let you enable h4xx. I think that's a lie, though. Everybody knows play coins aren't real. They're like skeletons. People just talk about them to try to scare us. But I'm not spooked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again