Misc play mario kart online with modded wii ???

bloshengland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i play mario kart online with modded wii ? i have a modded wii the backup channel and my wii has the 3.4 update on and it it is not chipped i have been told to turn off wiiconnet24 off it will auto update my wii is this right or is it ok to leave it turned on ?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
leave wiiconnect24 turned on, 3.4 has been looked at and no code suggests it will auto update you! therefore keep it on......
also yeah perfectly safe to play mario kart noline and others....you should already know this though, and your softmodded by the way...
tongue.gif

puggster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bloshengland said:
can i play mario kart online with modded wii ? i have a modded wii the backup channel and my wii has the 3.4 update on and it it is not chipped i have been told to turn off wiiconnet24 off it will auto update my wii is this right or is it ok to leave it turned on ?

Yeah it will work online without any issues
the server can only see who is connected, and cant update you or anything like that,

the hype about all the update noncence i think comes from the agreement you accept when you activate wiiconect 24 as it states your wii will update automaticaly or without notice, with updates in your own intrest ect bla bla bla!

it should be safe to have wii connect 24 on in that firmware but idealy the best homebrew fw is 3.2E or U or your region, this fw deffo dosent auto update as ive used it for many months without issues

but if in any doubt just turn it off as you only loose the message board and weather/news channel. unless you use these its no biggie

pugz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol