play mario kart online with modded wii ???

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by bloshengland, Jan 19, 2009.

Jan 19, 2009
  1. bloshengland
    OP

Newcomer bloshengland Member

United Kingdom
    can i play mario kart online with modded wii ? i have a modded wii the backup channel and my wii has the 3.4 update on and it it is not chipped i have been told to turn off wiiconnet24 off it will auto update my wii is this right or is it ok to leave it turned on ?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    leave wiiconnect24 turned on, 3.4 has been looked at and no code suggests it will auto update you! therefore keep it on......
    also yeah perfectly safe to play mario kart noline and others....you should already know this though, and your softmodded by the way... [​IMG]

3. puggster

Newcomer puggster Newbie

United Kingdom

Yeah it will work online without any issues
    the server can only see who is connected, and cant update you or anything like that,

the hype about all the update noncence i think comes from the agreement you accept when you activate wiiconect 24 as it states your wii will update automaticaly or without notice, with updates in your own intrest ect bla bla bla!

it should be safe to have wii connect 24 on in that firmware but idealy the best homebrew fw is 3.2E or U or your region, this fw deffo dosent auto update as ive used it for many months without issues

but if in any doubt just turn it off as you only loose the message board and weather/news channel. unless you use these its no biggie

pugz