Wii not turning off properly in standby mode

Dominator456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I have been modding an old Wii for a family member that was previously modded, it is all updated now.

Anyways, the issue I am having with this Wii is quite weird. When I turn off the Wii when standby mode is on, the screen goes dim and doesn't say No Signal like my other Wii would say. If I turn it off all the way (red light), it does this and works properly.

This is normal (what happens on my other Wii and full shutdown):

1000012081.jpg

This is the weird thing that is happening:

1000012083.jpg

Will this hurt the Wii? It is like it is not turning off the display when it goes into standby...

I would also like to know how to turn off the hard drive whenever it goes into standby mode as well.

NOTE: I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but it is a White GC compatible Wii.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked over a lot of used Wiis. Standby mode use over time cooks the poor things. A launch Wii that never used standby mode is likely still in good shape today. A newer, less used Wii, that ran with standby mode for a significant period of time is likely showing dimming video output today.

Spare the cute internet "features." Save the hardware.

Reactions: XFlak

Dominator456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked over a lot of used Wiis. Standby mode use over time cooks the poor things. A launch Wii that never used standby mode is likely still in good shape today. A newer, less used Wii, that ran with standby mode for a significant period of time is likely showing dimming video output today.

Spare the cute internet "features." Save the hardware.
I can most likely say that this Wii has never been connected to the internet to use anything online before, as I have also had a Wii that was modded by this person and they said to never update it, or it will get rid of the homebrew, knowing that, I can say that this Wii was never in standby mode at all.

Honestly, it is in a really good shape! That disc drive is VERY quiet and still works well! Way better than what mine is like...

Try priiloader's ignore standby setting
I do not see it in the list of System Menu Hacks. Will WiiLink still work?
BTW, I know that you were sick, how are you doing? I used your ModMii program to update the Wii! Also, the version of Priiloader it gave me was outdated, it was 0.91 instead of ver1.0..

Dominator456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'm doing much better these days! My next modmii update will include the latest priiloader as well as some other cool things.
Oh, good to hear that you are doing better! Same with the ModMii update, can't wait to see what is next!

Back to your issue, it's not a system menu hack but an actual priiloader setting

Thank you for telling me that, is this way better than just turning off standby mode completely?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: