Hacking PIRATED VC GAMES - Easy to detect!

goat6574

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asher said:
might sound rude dude but mind your own business its not like you need to educate an old nintendo scene i think everyone here knows the risk with our r4s and our wiikeys

i for one am damn glad he put up this info. i would rather not ban* my wii

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
I believe the Wii has an identifying mark deeper than the Wii ID and friend code - for example, the serial number, that is accessible by Nintendo.

Well, there's the MAC of the wireless card in your wii for one...

The way I see it, it's very possible that Nintendo could mess us up. It's fairly unlikely that they will, but not really worth the risk IMO - Not at this stage anyway.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://wii.waninkoko.info/

A wad uninstaller is out, which can delete the ripped vc games completly (channel, ticket..).
smile.gif

bennydigital

Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
United States
What if you installed a hacked VC deleted it then download it from the wii shop and then ran the wad uninstaller. I doubt that nintendo would even run a check to see if you paid for it only that it wasn't a Trucha signed file.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that the VC games can be saved to SD is basically an invite to mess with them.

Which is probably what happened.

Now if Nintendo were to prevent them from being 'saved' then it wouldn't be possible to do what is done?

unsure.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
The fact that the VC games can be saved to SD is basically an invite to mess with them.

Which is probably what happened.
No. People dumped the filesystem using homebrew tools, nobody has cracked the SD copied VC games.

Oh, and Waninkoko surprises yet again! A WAD uninstaller has been released.
yaynds.gif

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK SO Iv done about an hour of skimming about the dangers of putting on VC games on the wii via .wad

so to save a little time i am wondering, its basically safe for my wii to install, used them, then when needed to go online for an update or something to that effect to run the new wad remover to remove the VC games i installed and will leave no trace? and their by leaving me undetected?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Edwii said:
OK SO Iv done about an hour of skimming about the dangers of putting on VC games on the wii via .wad

so to save a little time i am wondering, its basically safe for my wii to install, used them, then when needed to go online for an update or something to that effect to run the new wad remover to remove the VC games i installed and will leave no trace? and their by leaving me undetected?

All we know is that the uninstaller removes the vc game, the ticket and your save game. We just need to know if installing a vc game leaves any other traces. As far as we know it doesn't but who can tell?

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
mkill said:
true, if piracy really hurts ninty they would be serious about stopping it, think about it if you copy a game, that you wouldn't be able to afford, and wouldn't have played anyway, you are probably talking to some friends about it, let say you tell 5 people about the game, then ninty already saved $$$ on marketing, its called viral networking. And its better and cheaper than any other way of marketing.

I know for sure that I got at least a hand full of friends that I can tell that "this game/hardware i really great, you should buy it!" and they do. and thats all down to the trust and credibility (TPB lingo: credulence) that your friends have in you. thats 1000x stronger than any ninty commercial.

Even some countries receive minimum marketing campaigns from ninty, In Denmark, there have only been 3 nintendo wii related tv commercials by now, one for the wii, one for mario galaxy and one for mario kart wii, this is not just because Denmark i such a little crappy country, but because its cheaper to let the "experienced gamers" tell the rest of the public about their new console/videogame.

If we are the experienced gamers, and there are no way of running backups, ninty sales would drop, from total lack of interest from experienced gamers whom is telling people about their games, we are their hype.

I pushed all my friends and family into buying wiis and many off them unmodded. thats exactly what ninty wants from the "experienced gamers".

I doesn't matter if a game is purchased or copied, as long as the hype around it is big enough, the product will sell for a much longer period to a broader audience with less $$$ spend on marketing.
yeah that maybe true to a certain extent but i have also been telling my mates to mod there consoles how great free games are and guess what they did it to.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So aslong as you don't enter the Wii shop (or use the uninstaller before you do) Nintendo can't see it, right?

So if I play Mario kart online or enter the Mii channel and download mii's they won't see it?
Or can they see it whenever you do something online?

Neznat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rauthelegendary said:
So aslong as you don't enter the Wii shop (or use the uninstaller before you do) Nintendo can't see it, right?

So if I play Mario kart online or enter the Mii channel and download mii's they won't see it?
Or can they see it whenever you do something online?

Assuming you also have WiiConnect24 off then they can't see it as far as we know.

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
a good question is, when wii is online what information dose nintendo get from the system and when it gets difrent info, when playing ssbb or mario strikers or something like that online i would only guess its only that game data not system data. even wii channel and conect 24 im having my doughts if they scan what you already have, i dont know if any one has tried it yet, but say you put the wad of mario bros on, then you decided to buy it, sinceit was never registered in the first place id be willing to bet it would eather over-wright the .wad or make a dual channel. not really worth testing mind you. and as for scanning for system updates id belive that all its checking is what version you have and maybe how much memory has been used up.

something nintendo might be recording (for good marketing reasons) is play time for games tho how ever which might worry me, you know how wii logs what games your played on what day and for how long? if it scanned it and saw you were playing Zelda VC you put on Wii, but didnt have it loged in the WiiShop that might get thier attention eh?

what do you think?

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, enable online or not does not stop Nintendo from detecting. They can put detection routing in system firmware, such as ticket validation during system menu, and disable or ban whatever they like when validation fails. The issue is leaving traces of invalid tickets in the NAND that nintendo can detect offline.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii2wii said:
Well, enable online or not does not stop Nintendo from detecting. They can put detection routing in system firmware, such as ticket validation during system menu, and disable or ban whatever they like when validation fails. The issue is leaving traces of invalid tickets in the NAND that nintendo can detect offline.
But still it's safer to stay offline. I chose to install them, simply because everything works now. I keep checking the forums and when there's news about certain things that don't work after a new update I just don't do the update... maybe this will result in the fact that I can't play certain new games anymore but there will probably be a workaround and, to be honest, if I look at what I can play right now:

- All the Wii titles (US or EU) and most GC titles
- Metroid Prime Corruption
- Super Mario Galaxy
- SSBB on DL DVD-R
- Mario Kart
- and right now Wii Fit.

+ all those new VC-games

Thinking of the last, it's just incredible what folks manage to pull off on this machine! I have much faith in the Wii Scene and I expect when there's an update that disables stuff, they'll probably find ways to solve those problems.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
berlinka said:
to be honest, if I look at what I can play right now:

- All the Wii titles (US or EU) and most GC titles
- Metroid Prime Corruption
- Super Mario Galaxy
- SSBB on DL DVD-R
- Mario Kart
- and right now Wii Fit.

+ all those new VC-games

Thinking of the last, it's just incredible what folks manage to pull off on this machine! I have much faith in the Wii Scene and I expect when there's an update that disables stuff, they'll probably find ways to solve those problems.

tell me how to download the balance board
smiley61.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hardcore Gamer said:
Edwii said:

All we know is that the uninstaller removes the vc game, the ticket and your save game. We just need to know if installing a vc game leaves any other traces. As far as we know it doesn't but who can tell?

One way to tell would be the filesystem dump.

There's one thing I thought of today while playing around with my Wii. I noticed that after I deleted my Twilight Princess Hack save and put back on my original one, it didn't put it at the end, it put it way back near the beginning, in the same spot that the original save was, as well as where the Hack save went.

I'm not sure how it does this, but it's something interesting to note.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu