Hacking PIRATED VC GAMES - Easy to detect!

gunnerpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But if someone offers you a game... probably Nintendo don't know if that game as a gift of a friend or if is a game that was downloader ilegally...

But I don't know

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gunnerpt said:
But if someone offers you a game... probably Nintendo don't know if that game as a gift of a friend or if is a game that was downloader ilegally...

But I don't know

But if someone offers you a game Nintendo knows that he did that - how else could it be possible for you to download it without paying?

gunnerpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ilovengage said:
gunnerpt said:

But I don't know

But if someone offers you a game Nintendo knows that he did that - how else could it be possible for you to download it without paying?

But I don't know if Nintendo can discover that so easilly.... probably yes, but anyone knows.... and people that have infectus and have a backup of nand of their wii, maybe they don't have to worry...

Sorry for my bad English

EDIT: And if someone give you a gift after you did that new thing to play VC games, maybe people don't get wihout wii online or something else

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But man this is so easy...

Having problems with non-payed VC game and the "ticket"? Just buy the game then!

IOS37? No brick. Everyone know it. You won't be able to use the hacked VC games but your Wii won't be bricked.

gunnerpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic4Ever said:

Having problems with non-payed VC game and the "ticket"? Just buy the game then!

IOS37? No brick. Everyone know it. You won't be able to use the hacked VC games but your Wii won't be bricked.

But now people that had played VC hacked games can't buy the game, because only appears to redownload that game the button to download isn't there now....

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
God, you've got a point.
I think I have to do a full reset
frown.gif

Or wait 'till somebody releases a NAND editor..

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
gunnerpt said:
Sonic4Ever said:

But now people that had played VC hacked games can't buy the game, because only appears to redownload that game the button to download isn't there now....

Huh? They can't redownload? So can't buy again?

What have you drink?

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping VC hacks would never see the light of day...

simply for giving nintendo the reason to patch security holes...

Nintendo historically does very little to stop this stuff.. but i think their stance on this is about to change... considering how widespread and popular DS flash carts and now soft-hacks are getting.

I doubt you will see bans or bricked consoles... but i wouldnt be surprised if sometthing gets done soon.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
to me it seems the only way nintendo could block the installed vc channels from actually working would have to be some kind of account check. I mean once youve downloaded the games u can remove them from your wii and redownload the offical shop version which nintendo obviously arent gunna block.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jaxxster said:
and simply not connecting to the internet should be able to stop that. Anyways, i'm tired of guessing whats going to happen. Lets wait n see

Just because you are tired of it doesn't mean other's are
grog.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The solutions, as I see it:
1. Reformat your Wii.
2. Wait until somebody releases a version of Waninkoko's Duplicate Channel Remover that lets you pick and choose what channels to remove. . . but I'm not sure if that removes the ticket too.

jay1369

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is great guys! There are actual free offers that you can complete to earn stuff. Each point it equal to one dollar so signing up and completing offers is really worthwhile. PM me if you have any other questions!

ricdanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the problem of you having a ticket?
You can have the ticket and not have the game.
Is it illegal to add software (just the ticket) to your console? Guess not.
So even if you have the ticket, they will not be able to block you.
And if they do, all it takes is a format of the console, or deletion of the "pirated" game, even if the ticket stays on the console. The ticket is no property of Nintendo. Only the game is.

Will Nintendo brick your console? I bet they won't. Never ever. They would loose game sales, they would gain a bad image, as people would see hundreds of consoles broken.
Will Nintendo block your console for online? Well, even if they do, just format the console. You will get a new console Id, new Friend Code, and a fresh new nand. Even the the ticket is there, it does not proof that you have broken any law.
All this FUD started because bushing was not happy with the disclosure, because it would probably force Nintendo to speed up a bug fix. Now everyone is freaking out.
At most, Nintendo will just fix all the bugs ASAP and strengthen the security of the console, leading to no pirated VC games, no homebrew channels and no more trucha.
You all have to relax.

mark187

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed. It seems the homebrew devs are bricking it because some of their code is being used for piracy. I'd imagine they're not so much worried about Nintendo's legal team attacking the homebrew "scene" but more so attacking them.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ricdanger, those are some good points. I'll have to look through Nintendo's EULA to find out exactly what they can do with respect to this. (Their legal team has probably cooked up something that lets them ban your console for basically any reason or lack thereof, whether they can prove you did anything or not - just like Microsoft) I know they have given themselves express permission to brick your console (especially with the four second power down update warning) but yes, I doubt they will ever execute this power.

I believe the Wii has an identifying mark deeper than the Wii ID and friend code - for example, the serial number, that is accessible by Nintendo. This could be used to ban. We all know that some things are not erased by a system format. But again, this is just speculation. I'm now not even 100% sure if the tickets are erased after a reformat (and I'm not willing to test). Some Wiidev people said they were, some other people said they weren't...

Then again, Nintendo is not Microsoft. I've never heard of Nintendo banning anything, except for extreme Nintendo WFC leaderboard hackers and Nsider accounts.

This thread is just warning of the possibility of a banning, using information I've gathered from sources such as the #wiidev channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end