'Piracy is the new radio' says Neil Young

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I think that Youtube might be more appropriately described as the new radio in the sense that it doesn't propagate albums and instead songs, most primarily singles. (and it's legal)
i think Neil's referring to the scale and scope of radio and the internet. in radio's heyday, you can hear it everywhere. now that there's internet almost everywhere (thanks mostly to 3G and 4G), it's pretty much on the same relative scale. saying that YT is the new radio is like picking a single frequency channel.
Music Piracy is downloading the music you would like, and listening to them afterward as much as you want. On the other hand, on Youtube, the concept is more similar in the sense that you listen to a singular song at a time; the difference being the fact that you can request anything you want. I guess I was referring to it in a perspective more about the similarities in the two forms.

However, in scope and scale, the internet it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...