Tutorial  Updated

Pinky's Xbox360 Tutorials

Pinky’s XBOX360 Tutorials

Hello. My name is Pinky. Let me preface my list by saying that I didn't discover all of these hacks. Where needed, I have credited the person who had originally discovered the hack (at the bottom of the applicable tutorials). Out of respect, all of these tutorials and accompanying files are my own. :) If you need help with any of them, don't hesitate to ask.

smd302.jpg

★ How To Recharge A "Dead" Xbox360 Controller Rechargeable Battery Pack ★

Have you ever encountered an xbox360 controller rechargeable battery pack that refused to charge (i.e. turning from red to green or not being detected at all the moment you connect it to a quick charge/plug 'n' play kit)? Generally, this is the result of the battery level indicator points and the battery draining points not being in sync (i.e. the indicator points read the battery as being full charged when in fact it isn’t). There are two ways to fix this issue.

Opening The Battery Pack:

Opening the rechargeable battery pack is very simple. You'll need to use a flathead screwdriver to pry the bottom and top pieces apart along the battery pack’s seam.

Step 1: Take the flathead screwdriver and insert it within the gap above the eject button. Shimmy back and forth ‘til you slightly pry the top piece away from the bottom piece.

Step 2: Once there's enough clearance, move the screwdriver along the seam to detach the remainder of the top from the bottom. Eventually, you should be able to use your hands to bend the top piece back exposing the inside of the pack.

Note: There's not much risk in doing this, but please be aware that the eject button utilizes a spring similar to that of phat 360 internal hdd's. If you're too aggressive, the spring could fly out of the pack. It's not a big deal really, but searching for it could be. ;)

Step 3: Now, within the rechargeable battery pack is a logic board and two double-A batteries. All you need to do is remove the logic board strips from either side of each battery. The batteries can be recharged in a normal double-A battery recharger and can be used by any device. :)

Draining The Battery Pack:

Draining the battery pack might be the better solution considering you probably wouldn't have wanted to spend $10 on a couple of glorified double-A batteries. What you'll need is a paperclip in order to bridge two points on the back of the battery pack.

Step 1: Bend the paperclip into a horseshoe pattern in order to make bridging the applicable points possible.

Step 2: Now, we'll want to drain the battery. Take the paperclip and bridge points 2 and 5 as shown in the photo below.

2qkm2xw.jpg

Step 3: While the points are bridged, the paperclip should become hot almost immediately. Once that occurs, pull the paperclip back in order for it to cool down. Keep repeating the process until the paperclip no longer becomes hot which is indicative of the battery being fully drained.

Note: If you're having trouble, try using the sides of the paperclip instead of the tips. Also, you may need to lightly scrape the paperclip against the points almost like striking a flint. It's possible that you'll see sparks from either point if you do that, but don't worry. :) Now, if the paperclip still won’t heat up, take a look at the 'Resetting The Battery' section below.

Resetting The Battery Pack:

Essentially, the two points responsible for draining the battery are mirrored to two points responsible for indicating the battery level: point 2 (battery-draining point) is mirrored to point 6 (battery-level indicator point); while, point 1 (battery-level indicator point) is mirrored to point 5 (battery-draining point). Now, this could be due to the fact that there are two double-A batteries inside, so each set is responsible for its own battery. Also, resetting the battery pack is required in order to resync the battery level indicator points with their respective battery draining points, so that the remaining battery power is being read correctly. This needs to be done after the battery has been fully drained so that battery is being read as empty when in fact it is; this may also be necessary if you can’t seem to drain the battery at all.

Step1: First, bridge points 1 and 5 as indicated in the photo below:

15gto50.jpg

Step 2: Now, bridge points 2 and 6 as indicated in the photo below:

2nhjm7c.jpg

The battery should now be reset. Now, see if the battery will charge normally again. :)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

smd302.jpg

★ How To Update XM360’s csv Files ★

Step 1: Transfer the following files from the xm360 folder of your xbox 360 hard drive:

Code:
dlc_titles.csv, libcurl.dll, xbla_titles.csv, xm360server.cfg (may or may not be named this depending on version;
rename it to this if there's an error in the command prompt below), XM360server.exe, and zlib1.dll
to:

Code:
C:\server

Note: The app will create the dlc_titles.csv or the xbla_titles.csv files if you don't have them. Those files contain the dlc/xbla container Ids which xm360 will match up while pairing what you have with what you don't. Each time you use xm360server.exe, the csv files will be updated, so if the files don't exist, the app will create them from scratch. The time it takes to fetch new data is determined by how outdated the csv files are, so new csv files could take a long time.

Step 2: Now, open the xm360server.cfg and add this segment:

Code:
#DEFINE_HDD1 = \\share\public\console images\xbox360\jtag
DEFINE_HDD1 = c:\server\
DEFINE_HDD1 = c:\server\

Note: On your computer, you can delete everything else from the cfg file as its not needed. Your just redirecting where the app searches for/creates the csv files. :)

Step 3: Within the specified folder, hold shift then right click to open a command prompt (open command window here).

Note: Make sure no file is highlighted or that option won't appear in the window.

Step 4: Now, to update your xbla_titles.csv, type:

Code:
xm360server.exe /X

to update your dlc_titles.csv, type:

Code:
xm360server.exe /D

Note: After the xbla_titles.csv has completed its update, press enter and type in the command line for the dlc_titles.csv. Once that has completed, press enter and type exit. Failure to do so could result in the csv files not being updated/created. Also, backups of your original csv files are created, so there's no risk if something were to corrupt them.

Step 5: Once you're done, simply copy the .csv files to their applicable location

Note: I'd suggest leaving everything on your computer as is so that you can update any time you wish. :)

smd302.jpg

★ How To Update Your Jtag/RGH/RJtag W/ Xebuild.gui ★

This tutorial is pretty straight-forward (i.e. almost everything is automated), so even if you didn't install the hack, you'll be able to update your system without issue - even without an original NAND dump. Originally, you'd need to know the hack method, smc, and motherboard. Failure to know this information would've resulted in one flashing red light after power-cycling (E79).

Step 1: Obtain your cpu key by booting into Xell (pressing the eject button to power on the system) or entering dashlaunch.

Note: Depending on whether you're using Xell or Xell-Reloaded/Xellous, you may need to use av cables instead of hdmi. Xell requires av cables while Xell-Reloaded/Xellous will display with hdmi. If the improper cables are plugged into your television, you'll get a black screen after pressing eject, so dashlaunch is really the best method to obtain your cpu key.

Step 2: Now, we'll need to dump our nand with Nand Flasher 360. It's a normal app for your 360, so simply boot up the default.xex file of the app, select 'Dump Nand/Flash,' and choose the location where you'd like to dump the nand.

Step 3: Once that's complete, select the guide (Xbox Home) to get back to Freestyle (if using) to ftp the nand dump or remove the flashdrive or whatever storage medium you dumped the nand to.

Step 4: Open xebuild.gui (latest version), select the latest hacked dash kernel (should be selected by default), click open, select your nand dump (everything should then be filled out correctly by the app scanning the nand dump), deselect both dashlaunch options (known to cause issues for some) in the right box, and type your cpu key into the applicable box. Then, click 'Generate Hacked Image.'

Step 5: Now, click on the 'download' tab, select the official version of the hacked dash you just created, and download. The MD5 of the update will be compared, so there's no risk of a corrupted download.

Note: If the file won't download or the MD5 isn't correct, make sure nothing is blocking the connection. Malwarebytes has been known to do this. Turn it off. :)

Step 6: Now, on your system, open Nand Flasher 360 again, and click 'Write Nand/Flash.' Once complete, select shutdown.

Step 7: Power-cycle the console by removing the power cable for about a minute.

Step 8: With the official update on a flash drive (make sure nothing else is on it), plug it in, and power on the system. The system should find the update and install avatar/media/kinect files to the internal hdd.

Note: This is required for some games to run. Don't worry as this will not affect your hack in any way as long as you install the official update that matches the hacked kernel you just installed. Also, you'll have to reinstall the official update if you were to switch hdds as all files from the official update install to the internal hdd. If for whatever reason you're not prompted with the update, you may need to enter XeXMenu, dashlaunch installer, or the system's information tier. You should receive the prompt then. If you choose to install dashlaunch (loads Freestyle's dashboard by default instead of the official 'Metro' one) first, you may have noupdater = true. In that case, change the $SystemUpdate folder name to $$ystemUpdate.

Step 9: From within the metro dash (official), scroll to 'My Games,' and select XeXMenu (demo game) from the listing.

Step 10: From within XeXMenu, press the right/left bumpers 'til u find the root of the drive that's being scanned. Now, press X to change drives. What you want to do is reload Freestyle, so find its folder and its default.xex file. Click on that to boot the app.

Step 11: Ftp the newest version of dashlaunch to your system, load it up as you would with any app (default.xex file). Click update.

You're done!

smd302.jpg

★ How To Add Updates To Xebuild.gui ★

Step 1: Add the xebuild update to:

Code:
xebuild gui/files

Step 2: Now, add the su from the $SystemUpdate of the same update to:

Code:
xebuild gui/files/”update numeric”

Step 3: Finally, open up xebuild gui and select:

Code:
custom/”update numeric”

smd302.jpg

★ How To Update Your Jtag/RGH/RJtag W/ Xebuild ★

This is just a preliminary tutorial considering the new, hacked dashboard is out. I've already done the preliminary steps for you.

Note: This is for 16547 as the following steps use this dash kernel as an example.

Step 1: Download these files:

Code:
https://safelinking.net/p/81a631f0aa

Step 2: Now, boot into xell, xell-reload, or xellous by powering on the system with the eject button (xell requires av cables; the others don't) or go into dashlaunch to retrieve your cpu key.

Step 3: Once you have your cpu key, open the options.ini file located here:

Code:
xebuild/mydata

now, enter the motherboard type of your console:

Note: This is important or the wrong patches will be applied resulting in an error upon reboot:

Code:
; console type
; valid values are: xenon, zephyr, falcon, jasper, jasper256, jasper512, jasperbb, jasperbigffs, trinity, corona, corona4g
; ie: type=falcon;
type = [COLOR=#FFD700][B]Enter Motherboard Type Here[/B][/COLOR]
then, enter your cpu key:
Code:
; put hexidecimal cpu key here, or on command line, or in cpukey.txt
cpukey = [COLOR=#FFD700][B]Enter CPU Key Here[/B][/COLOR]

Finally, hit save.

Note: If you're unsure which motherboard you have, the quickest option might be to download xebuild.gui and open the nand. It'll detect the motherboard type from that. Also, I'd strongly advise not messing with any other settings in the options.ini file unless you know what you're doing.

Step 4: Now, we'll need to dump our nand with Nand Flasher 360. It's a normal app for your 360, so simply boot up the default.xex file of the app, select 'Dump Nand/Flash,' and choose the location where you'd like to dump the nand.

Step 5: Once that's complete, select the guide (Xbox Home) to get back to Freestyle (if using) to ftp the nand dump or remove the flashdrive or whatever storage medium you dumped the nand to and connect it to your pc/laptop.

Step 6: Rename the nand dump to nanddump.bin.

Step 7: Open a command prompt (with nothing highlighted from within the xebuild folder - Ctrl+right mouse click = 'Open Command Window Here.'

Step 8: The commands you'll enter are console-specific, but I'll use my console as an example:

Code:
xebuild -t jtag -f 16547 -d mydata updflash.bin

Code:
-t is the motherboard type; you can find the correct motherboard commands that the app uses with the command: xebuild -?; should be obvious though.
-f is the kernel (firmware) version you wish to create
-d is the location of the console data
-o patchsmc is used by rgh consoles only to patch the origin.smc rather than the retail one

Note: If you're unsure of the appropriate commands, you can always rely on xebuild -? or you can ask here. :) Also, the smc hack for jtagged boxes is understood, so whether you're using normal, aud_clamp, etc. there shouldn't be any issue while building the nand. If you're ever unsure or want to double-check, load the new nand in xebuild.gui and compare it to the dumped nand. The hack type, motherboard, etc. should all be the same.

Step 9: Ftp/transfer the updflash.bin to the drive you'll be using to write the flash with. That file will have been created to the root of the xebuild folder.

Step 10: Open Nand Flasher 360 again, and click 'Write Nand/Flash.' Once complete, select shutdown.

Step 11: Power-cycle the console by removing the power cable for about a minute.

Step 12: With the official update on a flash drive (make sure nothing else is on it), plug it in, and power on the system. The system should find the update and install avatar/media/kinect files to the internal hdd.

Note: This is required for some games to run. Don't worry as this will not affect your hack in any way as long as you install the official update that matches the hacked kernel you just installed. Also, you'll have to reinstall the official update if you were to switch hdds as all files from the official update install to the internal hdd. If for whatever reason you're not prompted with the update, you may need to enter XeXMenu, dashlaunch installer, or the system's information tier. You should receive the prompt then. If you choose to install dashlaunch (loads Freestyle's dashboard by default instead of the official 'Metro' one) first, you may have noupdater = true. In that case, change the $SystemUpdate folder name to $$ystemUpdate.

Step 13: From within the metro dash (official), scroll to 'My Games,' and select XeXMenu (demo game) from the listing.

Step 14: From within XeXMenu, press the right/left bumpers 'til u find the root of the drive that's being scanned. Now, press X to change drives. What you want to do is reload Freestyle, so find its folder and its default.xex file. Click on that to boot the app.

Step 15: Ftp the dashlaunch folder to your system, load it up as you would with any app default.xex file. Click update.
You're done!

Thanks to Razkar as this is a variation of his tutorial; I'll clean it up a bit once I have more free time, but all of the preliminary steps are already done for you as per my download files. :)

smd302.jpg

★ How To Use Fakeanim ★

Here's a small tutorial on how to use fakeanim to change the boot animation of your xbox360

Step 1: Copy the fakeanim folder to your xbox360's internal/external drive.

Step 2: Edit your dashlaunch's launch.ini to point to the fakeanim.xex - fakeanim = fakeanim.xex

Step 3: Reboot your console; a red screen should appear followed by the normal boot animation. Take note of how
long the red screen is displayed as this is when the gpu is initializing.

Step 4: Now rename (don't remove) the bootanim.xex from your console's flash. You'll need to enable access in FS3.

Step 5: You'll want to calibrate the fakeanim.xex, so that the red screen is displayed for the shortest amount of time. If done correctly, you shouldn't see it at all. Edit the fakeanim.ini's delay portion. The optimal starting point is 5 for phats; 13 for slims. The delay time that worked for me was 2 on my phat falcon. The lower the number the shorter the delay; the higher the longer the delay. Don't make it too short or it'll cause a problem.

Step 6: Once you've optimized the delay, set the calibration to 0 to finalize it.

Note: Only have one wmv 9 (the format for the fakeanim video files) in the jukebox folder. I'm not sure if it'll work with multiple wmv files or if it'll just select the first one within the folder. The name of the video file is irrelevant as fakeanim checks the format only. Also, please be aware that there have been reports of fakeanim corrupting the nand. This never happened to me, so it could be a fluke or the result of a combination of things.

Here's mine for educational purposes; if you want to recalibrate, change calibration to 1:

password: no password
Code:
https://safelinking.net/p/308523cebd

smd302.jpg

★ How To Install Avatar Items ★

Note: Make sure avatar data is installed on your 360's hdd. If you don't, you'll receive infinite loading whenever you try to change avatar items. You can install avatar, media, and kinect data to the hdd by installing the official firmware ($SystemUpdate) to the hdd. As long as you use the same official firmware as the one installed on your system, you won't lose your jtag/rgh/rjtag hack. Speaking of which, this is only doable with one of those hacks. This will only install data to the hdd since it's not included in the hacked kernel updates. You'll know if avatar, kinect, and media data is installed by the avatar itself. If it's a white silhouette, then the data isn't installed.

First, download this package:

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlrf1ldlq1x81tl/AI.rar

Next, enter FSD2, FS3, or Aurora and scroll to this location (the * alphanumeric will be different for everyone):

Code:
hdd1/E00001**********/FFFE07D1/00010000

Inside this folder will be your profile. FTP the profile or place it on a flash drive.

Now, from the rar you just downloaded, open up le fluffie app. Go to File/Open a File and select your profile.
From within your profile, select Profile and copy and paste the XUID into a document titled:

Code:
saveXUID.txt

Place the saveXUID.txt file in the folder with Yaris Swap. Or, you can save the xuid from within yaris swap. Open yaris swap, and select load. Fill out the ip information (can be located at bottom left of FSD2, FS3, and Aurora along with any credentials you may have made to the user name/password and tick the Send via FTP checkbox. Click save to save it as saveFTP.txt which can be saved for use later with the load option.

After that's done, locate your avatar items with the go to folder option. It doesn't matter if the avatar items are loose or in the wrong folder as Yaris Swap will correct this. Now, select Hex mod/Yaris Swap/Options. Once it's complete, select okay. Your avatar items should be transferred to your hdd.

Note: This also works for dlc and xbla/xblig as well except you don't need your xuid for anything but avatar items.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your 360. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited by godreborn,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you know who Pinky is? I was wondering if this is Pinky or someone else copying and pasting tutorials. I know who the real Pinky is. Damn the people on this website.

He is.
If you paid some attention, also looking at this thread, the evidence of him being pinky is in abundance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was banned for starting drama or thinking I was I mean. I told them that I had plans to leave the ps3 scene which lead to the ban. u can't leave without pissing someone off. the ban was temporary, but I have no plans to return. I added some info to both the 360 tutorials (adding custom updates to xebuild.gui) and the ps3 tutorials (adding custom gameboots through hexing and the conversion command line) here. I know more, but that's enough for now. @Zero72463 I recognize ur avatar, but I can't remember ur name on psx-place. :) I am pinky. godreborn was my name before using the pinky handle. pinky is based off of pink cup (an inside joke on another site) and pink floyd (love the band). someone would call me pinky due to those things. that's y I chose the name.

Reactions: Zero72463

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 db - 08-01-17:

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ks0d2223um3cwy8

I'll start adding these databases to this thread like I do on psx-place. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 database (09-01-17):

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zajn6bgox8lhijc/godreborn_xm360_db_09-01-17.rar

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 database (10-01-17). the changes get smaller each month. lol:

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g1f2gkz102js7h4/godreborn_xm360_db_10-01-17.rar

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember if I uploaded this, but here's my setup to make these databases. the .bat files for xbla and dlc are there - just click on them to make the database as outlined by my tutorial. they're simple with /x and /d, and they'll move old databases to the .BAK files . I know of no database for xblig. on my system, I have over 3,000 of them, and this was done years ago, so there r probably a lot more now. the system truncates at after 3,000 titles. btw, too bad Sony overcharged with their dev kits at $10,000 dollars apiece while microsoft only charged for a dev license at $99/year with apps that could be downloaded online. that's why you have no indie games on the ps3, and some of the xbox 360 ones r pretty good. I think sony realized they really screwed up with the ps3 and have changed things with the ps4: place the server folder here: C: at the root. I'll still make and upload these, but this is so you can make them yourself.

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/77y3px7egodiimw/server.rar

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 database (11-01-17). no changes to xbla, but some to dlc:

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/58rhq4alv713h8y/godreborn_xm360_db_11-01-17.rar

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 database (01-01-18). the xbla games' database has increased in size, so maybe more games have been added? I encountered two strange glitches building the dlc pack. the first involved the xm360 server looking at nonexistent pages (I stopped it at over 100 :P). the second involved the xm360 server not finding everything (the database for dlc was only 1.33MBs instead of 1.77Mbs). to resolve these issues, I simply ran the xm360 server again on my latest database there are over 16,000 dlc in there. lol :):

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6qysm13baoajsg9/godreborn_xm360_db_01-01-18.rar

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new xm360 database - 02-01-18:

Code: