Hacking Pink screen (MADWORLD) pal version on NTSC

Monster Hunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have Mad World (Pal) and im using a NTSC wii with Cios v 14 with 38 53 55 and bugfix 55. I have looked just about every possible site out (kinda) there to try and fix this. Iv tryed booting this game with 002 fix by wiigater, backuplauncher 0.3 gamma with 002 fix, iv used softchip i tryed all the options in each program, always a rolling screen when i force NTSC, or pink screen. Iv done everything that people suggest but i have run out of ideas and places to go, i even tryed manually patching the main.dol in the img file.

Forgot to mention im using softmod with SD card.

Please help me somebody...iv wasted 3 discs on this game trying to get it to work.

Any sugestions?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just replied to another display problem (black screens) and gave this advice. Pretty sure it will apply to you too.

If you grab a WII component cable (Red, Blue, Green video and Red, White audio) and plug it in into a HDTV/progressive scan TV this will solve your troubles. I'm almost positive.

I had problems with more than 9 PAL games on my NTSC console and the cable/tv combo fixed all of them.

I've never had a problem with ANY GAME afterward. using 3.2 NTSC console with old school softmod (riiskii) and Cios v9. Using USBloader GX and also discs.
I had to burn ghostbusters and sam and max to get those games working but every other game is flawless.

Monster Hunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, i appreaciate you commenting on this thread, and it sounds great...wish i had those component cables..lol Anyway thanks for commenting! but i can't use this method...maybe it will help sombody else with the same problem that actually have them.

Anyone else?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games only work properly when the disc region matches the console. I used to consult a RegionFrii Wiki to see whether games were patchable, but that list is so outdated I won't even link to it. I can strongly recommend using only games from your region, when possible, since you won't run into problems too often.

Some people download PAL games for use with a NTSC Wii, because there are more seeders, and they think it will download faster. You'll find that NTSC games with a fraction of the seeders will download as fast, if not faster, assuming you get them from a place where people pride themselves with the concept of "sharing." Just get an NTSC version of Madworld, and look into USB Loaders.

pzyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem getting NTSC Madworld to work on my PAL wii. I used hiberns cover flow loader with the option 'auto patch' for video and it worked fine.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
pink screen is resolution problem.
play with settings and it will work. you have all ios' you need so thats cool, try lowest res on your loader and your wii. try 50hz then 60hz (make sure your loader is doing the same)
failing that use vidtv patch option in loader at 50hz.

Monster Hunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pzyro,

I tried the hiberns flow loader there wa sno auto patch option. Can i get the exact copy you have?

Lostdwarf,

I said in my first post that i tryed every option, i even mixed them up a bit nothing works on it. Except i did not change the resolution in ANY loader, i didnt see any option to change it.

Thanks for the reply's!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission