Pikmin 2 PAL on NTSC Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by konner920, Jun 24, 2009.

Jun 24, 2009

Pikmin 2 PAL on NTSC Wii by konner920 at 2:34 AM (5,593 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. konner920
    OP

Newcomer konner920 Member

United States
    Is this even possible? I force NTSC video and i get a green screen when i force PAL video i get a scrolling screen but the game launches in black & white.

Is this possible? Im launching it through Neogamma R4.

2. Vegeta

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Try Wiigators Gamecube backup launcher 0.2.

3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I believe he's talking about the Wii game Pikmin 2 which so far has only been released in PAL territories... Not the original GCN version.

4. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i was wondering the same thing actually, i believe the game will probably play slower/faster.

5. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been playing the PAL version for awhile and it works fine as long as your TV can read 480p signals. You don't need to patch anything; just let it boot with the disc default resolution.

6. konner920
    OP

Newcomer konner920 Member

United States
    Times like this makes me wish i had a gamecube controller. lol. I might ask my friend if i can borrow his. He doesnt even play his gamecube. I want to play some gamecube games. since i cant use a classic controller with them,

7. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    he's talking about the re-release of Pikmin 2 for the Wii that uses Wii pointer controls. Sadly, the US doesn't even have a release date for the game.

8. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you talking about the "new play control" wii version? you're playing the pal version via usb loader on your ntsc wii?

9. Phylos

Newcomer Phylos Advanced Member

United States
    Any luck on being able to get this to work using just composite cables (480i)? I've tried many versions of USB loader GX and NeoGamma, but I was unable to get it to take. I just got a black screen on green screen. Tried with both Hermes on 222 and CIOS 249 Rev 14. Yes, I'm updated to 4.1U

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-=Phylos=-

10. Dinoguy

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its not the loader its your T.V if you have or can use one that is a plasma or flat screen use it without the force ntsc since pikmin 2 wii has no ntsc code,itll give you a black screen.Play it like that with the right T.V and itll have color and work(the color might be a bit bright not too much though).

11. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Unfortunately, many of the newer games are not compatible with composite (480i) cables as the games output at the PAL resolution of 576i. While some games can be region patched, most of the newer ones simply result in a black screen. Of course, it depends largely on your TV.

12. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    Is your tv setup for video set on auto instead of ntsc?