Hacking Pikmin 2 PAL on NTSC Wii

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this even possible? I force NTSC video and i get a green screen when i force PAL video i get a scrolling screen but the game launches in black & white.

Is this possible? Im launching it through Neogamma R4.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe he's talking about the Wii game Pikmin 2 which so far has only been released in PAL territories... Not the original GCN version.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing the PAL version for awhile and it works fine as long as your TV can read 480p signals. You don't need to patch anything; just let it boot with the disc default resolution.

konner920

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Times like this makes me wish i had a gamecube controller. lol. I might ask my friend if i can borrow his. He doesnt even play his gamecube. I want to play some gamecube games. since i cant use a classic controller with them,

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's talking about the re-release of Pikmin 2 for the Wii that uses Wii pointer controls. Sadly, the US doesn't even have a release date for the game.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tagg7 said:
I've been playing the PAL version for awhile and it works fine as long as your TV can read 480p signals. You don't need to patch anything; just let it boot with the disc default resolution.

Are you talking about the "new play control" wii version? you're playing the pal version via usb loader on your ntsc wii?

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:

Any luck on being able to get this to work using just composite cables (480i)? I've tried many versions of USB loader GX and NeoGamma, but I was unable to get it to take. I just got a black screen on green screen. Tried with both Hermes on 222 and CIOS 249 Rev 14. Yes, I'm updated to 4.1U

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-=Phylos=-

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not the loader its your T.V if you have or can use one that is a plasma or flat screen use it without the force ntsc since pikmin 2 wii has no ntsc code,itll give you a black screen.Play it like that with the right T.V and itll have color and work(the color might be a bit bright not too much though).

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, many of the newer games are not compatible with composite (480i) cables as the games output at the PAL resolution of 576i. While some games can be region patched, most of the newer ones simply result in a black screen. Of course, it depends largely on your TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary