Gaming Picross ? never heard of it

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't fancy picross before i read this thread but after a couple hours play I can see myself becoming addicted to it.

b*stards!
wink.gif

snuggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love, love, love this game. Super excited that an english version was finally released! I didn't even bother using my J save, I remeber what puzzle I left off on and I can always go back and do the first ones again. Damn, this game is brilliant.

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I tried to play over wi-fi.It found an opponent but while "trying to connect to opponent" it gave me the message "opponent has abandoned ( or something like that).
I happened 5 times so I got 5 wins in a row and a beginner rank without even playing.
But...what is wrong?
I tried downloading a pack and I had no problems....

amiantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to say it but... Picross is HORRIBLY ADDICTIVE. Man, it's so much fun, and it's not even really "fun", but it's like Sudoku but less aggravating in some ways when you're doing harder puzzles. Also, it's slick that you can download tons and tons of more puzzles once you beat all the ones built into Picross DS. Honestly, best puzzle game released for the DS I think, at least until they release a dedicated Sudoku game that is just as polished and fun to play.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really terribly bad at this game =) I just don't get the logic behind it at all! The really easy ones made me think I could get addicted (bad bad as it's exams in a few weeks), but nope I don't get this game at all =)

reemixx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My girlfriend's going nuts over this game. I've never even heard of it! After the Aussie release, I guess I'll just play hers. (I generally lack the patience for games of this genre, but you never know!)

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of the larger boards. Something about moving the board around and not being able to see the whole thing bothers me. Fantastic game otherwise.

1 problem with picross - sometimes the board leaves you with no other option than to guess. that's not very puzzley is it?

or am i missing something?

Only once or twice I ran into that on the 10x10 boards.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's so awesome. You start to notice the picture that is forming (oh shit, it's a lemon!) and then you work even faster to finish it. I'm glad I got this imported from UK. Since I never played picross before the DS version, the WFC download packs increases the value even more. Oh yeah, don't forget that you can play online against strangers and friends.

I hope everyone gets picross DS... and Tetris DS.

I'm not a fan of the larger boards. Something about moving the board around and not being able to see the whole thing bothers me. Fantastic game otherwise.

1 problem with picross - sometimes the board leaves you with no other option than to guess. that's not very puzzley is it?

or am i missing something?

Only once or twice I ran into that on the 10x10 boards.

You are never left to guess. I have never guessed so far, even on the 20x20 boards. Every puzzle can be solved logically. Be more mindful of the clues that you're getting from the numbers, and mark those Xs! There's a method to all of this madness..

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i love pixel art and i just cant believe this game really exists.
its really great.
finished easy set, not i'm on normal set level 1, i hope it doesnt get finished soon
frown.gif

i have that problem too, when there is a 10 on a 10x10 board, its ok, but sometimes numbers are so small that u cant just put X'es, but i'll figure out.
gonna get Essential Sudoko DS too.
wow.
i L0V3 pixel art.

Johnatton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone completed all 150 normal puzzles in under an hour yet? I've done that and it's supposed to unlock something, but nothing happened. Could someone upload their save file please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.