Pokémon Picross Achievement editing help

Littlecrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I recently started playing Pokémon picross with the goal of 100% completing it, and got the the end of the main game, which took over 100 hours. I realized I never got the achievement for entering a password, and discovered it was bugged and entering a password too early into the game made it unattainable. I was devastated, as to get this achievement I would have to redtart the whole game, but I had the idea of editing the save file. Does anyone here have any ideas on how to edit the save file to earn this achievement? If not, is there anything else I could do? Thanks for all of the help.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone here have any ideas on how to edit the save file to earn this achievement?
Did you bother doing a Google search to see if anyone has already made a suitable save data editor? I suspect someone on some Pokemon forum somewhere has at least done a little work on it.

Because otherwise you're going to have to reverse-engineer the format of the save file yourself. There is no easy way to magically do this without painstaking trial and error.

Littlecrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy. I found ones for infinite picrites, but not that. Where would I even start with something like reverse engineering the file

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where would I even start with something like reverse engineering the file
Exactly what you would expect?
-Back up your existing save data with Checkpoint
-Start a new game
-Play up to the point where you can input a password
-Export your save data again
-Input a password and unlock the achievement
-Compare the two exported save games in a hex editor and see where they differ
-Do that all over again, except maybe with a different password
-See if you can pinpoint a particular change in the save data that corresponds to unlocking the achievement

Littlecrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Start a new game
-See if you can pinpoint a particular change in the save data that corresponds to unlocking the achievement
That’s what I figured, just thought I would ask. I made 8 saves in total, between each level, to try and easily pinpoint changes. Once I can find the part about acihievements in the file, I will play to the password point, save, unlock the achievement and save again to try and find out what to put in that spot. Thanks for all of the help!
Post automatically merged:

-Start a new game
So I did that and there were two changes between them. I guessed which one and was able to transfer the achievement between the two. However, when I open my main file in the hex editor, that spot looks completely different and changing it to what it was in the file with the achievement does nothing. Any other advice?
Post automatically merged:

Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by Littlecrafter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto