damex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hi,
i have been using v1 (patched. 'upgraded' to from unpatched v1 due to it breaking apart) switch for a long time.

its condition is not really great and i will restore it to former glory with new front panel (dent in the corner and crack around top screw. i will use fancy machined front aluminum panel this time), new mid frame (torqued down screws was also glued down and snap in half when i did unscrew them.. uhh) , rails (just wear down), and finally install picofly. currently i would highly prefer to use premade flex kit from china to get familiar with such kits (got recommendation and good feedback about one of the kits. local stores also use them here. rp2040 is still rp2040)

so the question is about expanding functionality that nintendo refuse to give you:

- nintendo does not let you or backup saves. i have hundreds of hours in xenoblade games alone and other games and want to preserve them. how reusable are saves with something like 'jksv'? can i use them further on pc with yuzu if needed or transfer to other switch (are they still encrypted?) ?

- i have large game cart collection and want to preserve its copies. are game carts read only? what in particular does one need to make accurate backups that could fit for nointro use? is sx dumper enough? do i need extra hardware or just switch with picofly would be enough?

- nintendo does not provide any way to calibrate digitizer and i have heard that its replacement is not feasible without doing so. i see that hakete should have it under tools section. is that so? there is seem to be four revisions of digitizer and it has to be matched with gamecart board from same revision of switch. is that true? is there a reason to go for v2 cartridge slot and digitizer instead of v1 in case i need a replacement?

- would it be possible to 'upgrade' insternal emmc to larger capacity and to be usable on official firmware? let's say i make a backup and restore it - is there a way to expand its space to use all 256gb of emmc storage?

thank you

Last edited by damex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright