Picofly AIO Thread

PantsWithLazers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Picofly RP2040 on multiple OLEDs, on this one that I'm working on it takes about 2 minutes to glitch. The glitch is successful afterwards, but why does it take so long on this particular switch?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm getting more and more confused about some "bricks" that have happened because of the modchips like something is semiblown...

Maybe it's best to have the battery unplugged and try to start the switch a couple of times before you try to mod? Or is the Switch parts really weak to ESD?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed Picofly RP2040 on multiple OLEDs, on this one that I'm working on it takes about 2 minutes to glitch. The glitch is successful afterwards, but why does it take so long on this particular switch?
u can reset the training data in pico_toolbox
the more u start the switch the faster the glitches get

what emmc does this particular switch have?

PantsWithLazers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can reset the training data in pico_toolbox
the more u start the switch the faster the glitches get

what emmc does this particular switch have?
it seems to be inconsistent, I've had a couple times where it glitches within 2 seconds, and then it goes back to 2 minutes. I don't know which emmc, I put the cover back on, but I'll try to reset the training data.

Interceptor777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Experienced at soldering but first time ever micro soldering. RP2040 board went extremely smoothly but I just spent 4 hours messing with the mosfets and I could not for the life of me connect the two mosfets together, can't get the wire to stick well enough exactly where I want it to. Using 28AWG copper enamel wire on the mosfets. Honestly considering giving up on the mosfets and getting some bigger ones that won't be a royal PIA to do.

Attachments

• 20230422_191349.jpg
    20230422_191349.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Experienced at soldering but first time ever micro soldering. RP2040 board went extremely smoothly but I just spent 4 hours messing with the mosfets and I could not for the life of me connect the two mosfets together, can't get the wire to stick well enough exactly where I want it to. Using 28AWG copper enamel wire on the mosfets. Honestly considering giving up on the mosfets and getting some bigger ones that won't be a royal PIA to do.
flux, 30-36awg, pre-tin things.

or use the flex

GodzKratos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Able to boot to hekate and create emummc. but when booting to CFW emummc I get this error
Pkg1 decryption failed!
BEK is missing!
Failed to launch HOS!

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello guys, i've install a picofly on OLED switch, it boot ok into HEKATE but when i try to create emuMMC go in EMMC INIT ERROR, if i try to start OFW it go in PURPLE SCREEN (kernel panic).
so i've removed picofly, install an HWFLY and everything gone fine... and also OFW boot normally...
what can be?

i've tried FW versione 2.61 and 2.65, same result
i've put 47 Ohm resistor (on point A,C,D)

EMMC is SK hynix

let me know if i can provide some info to make a better firmware :)

Hello guys, I did a test with 2.5 works fine, with 2.65 I get kernel panic and purple screen,

Now I’m quite sure is related to some problem with the 2.65 firmware…
Post automatically merged:

Some cold soldering? Or not a good signal from the CPU, try to use better cable from cpu…

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello guys, I did a test with 2.5 works fine, with 2.65 I get kernel panic and purple screen,

Now I’m quite sure is related to some problem with the 2.65 firmware…
Post automatically merged:

Some cold soldering? Or not a good signal from the CPU, try to use better cable from cpu…

flashed the 2.65 firmware after rebooting the switch tried to check the firmware of the picofly but stops at reading firmware info. still has the same error and cannot launch the emummc cfw

try one of the firmwares from 2.64 back to 2.61
if you still have an issue then maybe try the flash nuke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls