Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Ravenext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well it boots into rcm mode, so that's good. Just delete your atmosphere folder and reinstall it from fresh and make sure your fusee.bin is updated. With the latest from the githb page.
I don't know what magic you used, but that fixed the error code problem.

FelpaAzzurra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@rehius sorry for ping. I have a question regard an issue i'm having with picofly. I have an Oled with RP2040 on FW 2.75 and OFW 17.0.0. Everything is fine but sometimes my chips panics and gives one of these errors:
=**= eMMC write failure - comparison failed
=*=* eMMC write failure - write failed
=*== eMMC test failure - read failed

Sometimes after some reboots or Power Off/On My switch boots to hekate but sometimes it takes a lot of reboots, some days ago it did the error and only the next day it booted just to give me the error once. Now i'm in cfw and i tried some 5 reboots and they're all successful but this happens randomly and when it does it's so boring. I have picofly since may and it happened almost everymonth but only twice it happened that i had to wait a whole day to make it work. Most of times it just happens for 5 reboots max.
Is this a bug or like a compatibility issue because i have SK Hynix EMMC and iirc they're not the best out there.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
@rehius sorry for ping. I have a question regard an issue i'm having with picofly. I have an Oled with RP2040 on FW 2.75 and OFW 17.0.0. Everything is fine but sometimes my chips panics and gives one of these errors:

Sometimes after some reboots or Power Off/On My switch boots to hekate but sometimes it takes a lot of reboots, some days ago it did the error and only the next day it booted just to give me the error once. Now i'm in cfw and i tried some 5 reboots and they're all successful but this happens randomly and when it does it's so boring. I have picofly since may and it happened almost everymonth but only twice it happened that i had to wait a whole day to make it work. Most of times it just happens for 5 reboots max.
Is this a bug or like a compatibility issue because i have SK Hynix EMMC and iirc they're not the best out there.
You didnt tell the full story. How was the dat0 connect to rp2040,adapter or permanent soldering?

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Who was the artist? I would like to meet him.

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone 1st time using Picofly and does this then straight to ofw. Unless I'm being silly I am not seeing my error on the led it's flashed with 2.75. used hwfly before all this never had a problem. Any help? I've checked my soldier joints before UV masking and all looked ok. Before I break all that wanna see if anyone knows the error to pin point locwtion. 47R0 resistors used.

Attachments

• VID_20231117_185049 (1).mp4
    1.1 MB

deathnotejacoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have the following problem with a completely new Oled.
I've done a lot of conversions but never had a problem like this.
A Raspberry tiny with firmware 2.73 is installed.
Dat0 is an adapter not soldered.

The Switch starts normally in Hekat but not in OFW, the Nintendo logo appears and then nothing.
It was no problem creating CFW. Athomspäre starts normally and you can install games.
When you start the OFW nothing works, only a hard reset then it starts up in Hekate. If you restart the CFW via the menu
you want to get back to the OFW boot logo... Hard reset then go to Hekate.
Very strange.

Error code is the following:

short short long is called
No eMMC block 1 read (should not happen)

There are no error messages in Benchmarck or when reading out. All OK.

What should I do?

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It seems that most of the people with problems think that people on the forum is mind readers.

You need provide more info and pictures if you want help, remember that there is thousands of people who dont have a problem with picofly.

ask yourself, could it be that there is some problems with my install?!
Yes, to 99,9%.

It’s like if i would ask you, whats wrong with my car and not provide more info…

Long time lurken here but been moddings consoles/repairing electronics for 25 years and i have f ed up more than once in these years. Nobody is perfect, we all do it sometimes

Reactions: QuiTim

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone 1st time using Picofly and does this then straight to ofw. Unless I'm being silly I am not seeing my error on the led it's flashed with 2.75. used hwfly before all this never had a problem. Any help? I've checked my soldier joints before UV masking and all looked ok. Before I break all that wanna see if anyone knows the error to pin point locwtion. 47R0 resistors used.
you never had problems because you were lucky, error on the DAT0, if you have at least the basics with a tester you should understand it yourself...

deathnotejacoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It seems that most of the people with problems think that people on the forum is mind readers.

You need provide more info and pictures if you want help, remember that there is thousands of people who dont have a problem with picofly.

ask yourself, could it be that there is some problems with my install?!
Yes, to 99,9%.

It’s like if i would ask you, whats wrong with my car and not provide more info…

Long time lurken here but been moddings consoles/repairing electronics for 25 years and i have f ed up more than once in these years. Nobody is perfect, we all do it sometimes
Sorry but i descripe the problem very well i think? is there anybody that have this errorcode? What "could" it be.
Maybe a user had same issue before

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry but i descripe the problem very well i think? is there anybody that have this errorcode? What "could" it be.
Maybe a user had same issue before

So what are your resistor values? Have you tried changing them?
Common problem if you cant boot ofw.
So no there is not enough information provided and also, why are you running an old firmware? Tried with 2.75?

deathnotejacoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So what are your resistor values? Have you tried changing them?
Common problem if you cant boot ofw.
So no there is not enough information provided and also, why are you running an old firmware? Tried with 2.75?

the resistors are 47ohms on the tiny board they are fix installed. i check the values.
The Firmware ist 2.73. this is what a already istalled.

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the resistors are 47ohms on the tiny board they are fix installed. i check the values.
The Firmware ist 2.73. this is what a already istalled.

Yes, and this is the most common problem on the forum. If you just search and read a little bit you would know what to do.

Yes, you can update the firmware and you should.. the one you have is old…..

deathnotejacoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, and this is the most common problem on the forum. If you just search and read a little bit you would know what to do.

Yes, you can update the firmware and you should.. the one you have is old…..
and no not ... i never see a post like mine with this error code. Emmc Info is okey no "slow mode".
CFW runs normal but OFW doesnt boot.
Strange is the error code. short short long.

i installed a many picolfy and HWFly and have never this promlems

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry but you are wrong, they have not rolled back from 2.75
https://github.com/rehius/usk/releases

And the solution is to change to 100ohm per the guide.

So you are welcome for the spoonfeeding

And if you even cant search the forum, maybe you shouldnt install for others.
Just saying, prove me wrong and show us your install pictures

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo