Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
How's everyone doing?
For the first time I got a Toshiba OLED, Installed Picofly normally but I'm getting all sorts of mixed up errors and purple screens. Checked all wires and CMD is giving 4.7ko.

I'm reading old posts that Picofly is having issues with Toshiba, has this been fixed in the newst firmware? Also, Toshiba is not listed in AOI OLED compatible with Picofly. I'd love to know the current status on Picofly installed on Toshina OLEDs. Thanks!

Reactions: Danook28

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Hello,
How's everyone doing?
For the first time I got a Toshiba OLED, Installed Picofly normally but I'm getting all sorts of mixed up errors and purple screens. Checked all wires and CMD is giving 4.7ko.

I'm reading old posts that Picofly is having issues with Toshiba, has this been fixed in the newst firmware? Also, Toshiba is not listed in AOI OLED compatible with Picofly. I'd love to know the current status on Picofly installed on Toshina OLEDs. Thanks!
I have same purple screen and it go hekate slower mode. Ofw purple and cant packup nand or go cfw...
Post automatically merged:

See the cmd resistor is soldring perfect to Motherboard.. I fix console desolder cmd resistor soldring it. Desolder gpu point one mosfet... Thanks..pico fly

Last edited by Danook28,

Crafty_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had just installed a picofly on a mariko model, and the right joycon does not want to connect. i am on the startup menu so i cant get past that without connecing both joycons.

I tried joycons i knew that worked and i even tried swapping the rail. no dice.

I feel like i saw a video on fixing this somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

If anyone can help, please let me know!

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello,
How's everyone doing?

Have done several Toshiba ones no issue there. In terms of firmware I go with the bare minimum.

Reactions: FreeLander

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I had just installed a picofly on a mariko model, and the right joycon does not want to connect. i am on the startup menu so i cant get past that without connecing both joycons.

I tried joycons i knew that worked and i even tried swapping the rail. no dice.

I feel like i saw a video on fixing this somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

If anyone can help, please let me know!
Known issue with these ribbon connectors. You need to add strip of kapton tap at the back of the flex in order to make proper connection to the pins. I actually had one several days ago.

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does anyone know about the 3540 error on OFW?I also tried on sysnand with cfw enabled and instead of the error my game freezes.on emunand games work ok.I would appreciate any help

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I think mine is gone if I have no backups of anything. Could it also be the Picofly firmware that f upd the mainboard?

I got a new switch lite should I use the same HWFLY Lite RP2040 again? It glitched fine to the Picofly screen. I’m a bit scared of using it again… but I don’t want to buy a new one because it takes so long to arrive. Also is the new Picofly firmware good 2.75? Or should I use the 2.73?

Use the latest Picofly Firmware from here and after booting into Hekate save *first* your Biskeys (Lockpic) and do a nand backup.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a similar problem on a V2. 3539 error in OFW. Game freezes in CFW sometimes, and then im unable to boot OFW.
I have 2x 47 resistors

Last edited by Crung,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
16.1 on the switch, 2.73 on picofly
If its easy for you to update the firmware, try the latest firmware available (2.75)

Theres issue on powering down the picofly, that has been fixed.

Or you could try my custom firmware, i have different opinion on the picofly sram power down mechanism. Might be correct, might be not. Risk on your own.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If its easy for you to update the firmware, try the latest firmware available (2.75)

Theres issue on powering down the picofly, that has been fixed.

Or you could try my custom firmware, i have different opinion on the picofly sram power down mechanism. Might be correct, might be not. Risk on your own.
what is the risk? software or hardware? Where can i find 2.75? On rehius github? Will 2.75 also work on rp 2040 board zero since its the same chip?
1696850857401.png

Last edited by Crung,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
    Veho @ Veho: Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint...