K)KW27FA{3(5Q6ZVBBS7`Q0.png

I'm not quite sure if they work

Frullone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I salvaged the mosfet from an unused v1 flex cable and I need to install it into a Mariko switch.

According to a previous poster, it's a NP2016 mosfet (Here's the data sheet).

It has the same layout of the other more used mosfet and it looks a little bit weaker (but it was on the original flex cable, so I would assume it to still be plenty enough).

That said, considering that rehius himself said that single mosfet install to both caps should work without issues, does the attached scheme image make sense?

And assuming I don't short anything but the single mosfet is simply not enough will something bad happen or can I just desolder everything and wait for more mosfets?

Also, can I use simple epoxy to keep wires and components in place? UV resin would cost me a liver (bonus pic of the epoxy I got from the local electronics shop)

Thanks!
Can anyone tell me if the image scheme looks good?

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "directly"?
The Source must be connected to GND, which point is up to you, closer to the MOSFET is better.
Remember to use at least 0.2mm wire for Source and Drain connections.

Those 0.2mm are really hard to come by, I used 0.1mm but I got no diode reading. Could the small AWG be the cause? Wiring is good.

AntonIX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devpins.org
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone, I spent a week on instaiing picofly and finally decided to buy better flux and smaller tip.
It worked and I sucessfully loaded to hecate and atmosfere. Glitching in seconds. But my tools does not allow to solder all details beautifully.
A few things I learned from this install. I am not a profesional, so I may mistaken somewere.

1. Mosfet installation is really hard. If you are not professional at micro soldering and you do not wanna become him, better buy cable from ali. Save your time and effort.
2. I mistaken and bought 470k resistors instead 47R))) Luckily I found 100R resistors and it is worked. Do not make a mistake with it. It should have 470 numbers on it, not 472 or 471.
3. You can remove buttons and usb port on pico without soldering blow dryer(how to translate it to english?))
4. Better do not use enamel wires because if they stuck somewhere and glitch may not work. It was when I clamped it with heat pipe. Also it may wear out, so either fix it firmly or use single-core wires.
5. You can try alternative points on board instead emmc ones.
6. Do not work tired. I had everything installed and mounted as in the latst photo. The only problem I had was that it short-circuited with the lid closed. I tried to re-solder gnd and forgot to disable battery.If you installed pico, you may have noticed that a few seconds after the power was turned off, glitch occurred. At that time, I tried to solder the gnd, and in the end my mosfet burned out. The second time(yes i know, i am so dump). It smells unpleasant, and you will definitely notice it.
So every time you doing something disable battery cable!

Seems that all I wanted to said. Thanks for attention.

Also a few photos of my bad install. This is just to better understand what you will have to do.
1. Mosfet size. 2,3 Original pico vs chineese one. 4,5 CPU and mosfet. 6. Almos done install.

Attachments

• photo_2023-04-18_17-36-48.jpg
    photo_2023-04-18_17-36-48.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 43
  • LMC_20230413_172913_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    LMC_20230413_172913_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • LMC_20230413_172934_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    LMC_20230413_172934_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
  • LMC_20230415_174739_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    LMC_20230415_174739_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
  • LMC_20230415_174748_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    LMC_20230415_174748_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
  • LMC_20230416_093941_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    LMC_20230416_093941_lmc-tmhls_miatoll(noeis).jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 35

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the most correct way is to boot OFW (Vol+ & Vol- on the NO SD screen) then update the system in official way.
Post automatically merged:

rp2040 pulls the gate down, so it's safe to skip resistors unless you are going to remove the pico board without removing the mosfet later
reboot hekate menu OFW isn't it correct?
Post automatically merged:

So direct soldering to the motherboard you don't recommend it and that's what I see most people doing the opposite

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I spent a week on instaiing picofly and finally decided to buy better flux and smaller tip.
It worked and I sucessfully loaded to hecate and atmosfere. Glitching in seconds. But my tools does not allow to solder all details beautifully.
A few things I learned from this install. I am not a profesional, so I may mistaken somewere.

1. Mosfet installation is really hard. If you are not professional at micro soldering and you do not wanna become him, better buy cable from ali. Save your time and effort.
2. I mistaken and bought 470k resistors instead 47R))) Luckily I found 100R resistors and it is worked. Do not make a mistake with it. It should have 470 numbers on it, not 472 or 471.
3. You can remove buttons and usb port on pico without soldering blow dryer(how to translate it to english?))
4. Better do not use enamel wires because if they stuck somewhere and glitch may not work. It was when I clamped it with heat pipe. Also it may wear out, so either fix it firmly or use single-core wires.
5. You can try alternative points on board instead emmc ones.
6. Do not work tired. I had everything installed and mounted as in the latst photo. The only problem I had was that it short-circuited with the lid closed. I tried to re-solder gnd and forgot to disable battery.If you installed pico, you may have noticed that a few seconds after the power was turned off, glitch occurred. At that time, I tried to solder the gnd, and in the end my mosfet burned out. The second time(yes i know, i am so dump). It smells unpleasant, and you will definitely notice it.
So every time you doing something disable battery cable!

Seems that all I wanted to said. Thanks for attention.

Also a few photos of my bad install. This is just to better understand what you will have to do.
1. Mosfet size. 2,3 Original pico vs chineese one. 4,5 CPU and mosfet. 6. Almos done install.
Congratunations for your courage to make it to the end even without experince. Everyone start from somewhere but you went to the deep at once :rofl2: . One huge advice is always use flux. You soldering job seems like you have not used flux at all. With flux the whole job becomes much much easier!

AntonIX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devpins.org
XP
Country
Russia
Congratunations for your courage to make it to the end even without experince. Everyone start from somewhere but you went to the deep at once :rofl2: . One huge advice is always use flux. You soldering job seems like you have not used flux at all. With flux the whole job becomes much much easier!
Yeah, ordered good flux today. Used rosin flux before and it doesn't seem to help much.
32 AWG is 0.202 mm so it's good for picofly,
if you don't want to use the enamelled one
Where did you find such small single-core wires? This is the best I could find on Ali.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH