Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have an issue installing it on OLED. All readings are fine, but I get a green then purple color with blackscreen. Please let me know whats wrong

Reactions: impeeza

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there can't be green -> purple
however it could be blue -> green -> blue -> purple, which might mean flux around RST point that forces a console reboot after a successful glitch

photos of your soldering may help to find the issue

Reactions: KarimPolska

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there can't be green -> purple
however it could be blue -> green -> blue -> purple, which might mean flux around RST point that forces a console reboot after a successful glitch

photos of your soldering may help to find the issue
You're right sorry. I meant blue then purple. Black screen. Uploading pics in min. Could a point be bad even if multimeter gave a good reading?

AaronE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate the work on this along with the guide that showed the alternate lite 3.3v location. While I'm waiting on parts to come in from aliexpress I'm working on a pcb design. If it works out I'll share it. Here's a rough design of some I have enroute. Any ideas or feedback is welcome

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really appreciate the work on this along with the guide that showed the alternate lite 3.3v location. While I'm waiting on parts to come in from aliexpress I'm working on a pcb design. If it works out I'll share it. Here's a rough design of some I have enroute. Any ideas or feedback is welcome
MOSFET power traces (GND / APU VCC) must be as wide as possible, look at the flat cables schematics / boardview. the less resistance they have the better glitching is applied.

current there can reach 40 A in pulse

AaronE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MOSFET power traces (GND / APU VCC) must be as wide as possible, look at the flat cables schematics / boardview. the less resistance they have the better glitching is applied.

current there can reach 40 A in pulse
Thanks, I'll make some revisions which increase the trace size to .75mm to compensate

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 8.07.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 8.07.10 PM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by AaronE,
Reactions: KarimPolska

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, I have a nintendo switch v2 that I unlocked yesterday, I place it in the dock and the green light turns on for a second and then turns off and doesn´t give a signal to the TV, what could it be?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Attachments

• 1681344547815.png
    1681344547815.png
    312 bytes · Views: 42

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are consoles where v2.5 works, and 2.6+ does not, so you can try different firmwares (2.5, 2.61, 2.64)
Okey will do. But now my OLED won't turn on even after removing Picoflly. I kept the wire and flex cable. But it gives me black screen. Is it dead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if they ever announced the rg35sp winner or just keeping it quiet now