Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. At last I have received all the necessary parts and in a few days I will try to install Picofly.

I have read many posts in this thread and there are things that are not entirely clear to me.

I am going to use awg30 cable, although they have recommended me to use 24 or 26 for the ground and 3.3 points. It is advisable?

What should I do if I get the installation to go well? I have read about backups of emmc, keys and so on. In the past I installed hekate via the jig and I seem to remember that I only backed up the nand before partitioning the MicroSD.

What pack or hekate do you recommend putting in the microSD?

I hope you help me and sorry for so much text.

Thank you so much

Reactions: impeeza

Frullone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sadly I ripped the pad needed on the flex cable. Is there any way to keep using it or should I just order a new one? :(

Attachments

• IMG_20230405_224521.jpg
    IMG_20230405_224521.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Wow
Reactions: Dandan0404

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I ripped the pad needed on the flex cable. Is there any way to keep using it or should I just order a new one? :(
If you use the edge of a razor blade, you should be able to place the flex against a hard surface and scrape some of the surface off and expose the traces again to solder directly to.

FueledSamantha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Know of anyone doing thermal tests w\ different pastes?
The temp differences will be minimal for such a small TDP chip. Just ensure its at least mid range (deepcool MX3/4/5 etc), only ones worth replacing are the cpu die to shield and shield to heatpipe/heatsink. The pink junk to the rf shield isnt necessary to replace as the rf shield doesnt have enough mass to really help with cooling anyway.
The switch being such a small TDP cpu, the ROI of more expensive paste isnt there. The temp differences of more expensive pastes are only really noticeable on larger TDP packages.

Just ensure whatever paste you use isnt electrically conductive!
Example Arctic Silver. If you use a paste thats electrically conductive, any overflow on the cpu die will cause shorting on the caps etc.

Source: Myself, long term semi-competitive pc overclocker and console restorer/repairer.

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The temp differences will be minimal for such a small TDP chip. Just ensure its at least mid range (deepcool MX3/4/5 etc), only ones worth replacing are the cpu die to shield and shield to heatpipe/heatsink. The pink junk to the rf shield isnt necessary to replace as the rf shield doesnt have enough mass to really help with cooling anyway.
The switch being such a small TDP cpu, the ROI of more expensive paste isnt there. The temp differences of more expensive pastes are only really noticeable on larger TDP packages.

Just ensure whatever paste you use isnt electrically conductive!
Example Arctic Silver. If you use a paste thats electrically conductive, any overflow on the cpu die will cause shorting on the caps etc.

Source: Myself, long term semi-competitive pc overclocker and console restorer/repairer.
best

Attachments

• melhor.png
    melhor.png
    515.5 KB · Views: 36

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo