Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Try to remove the chip and test the switches. Black screen is something else. Is it booting to ofw? @.@
balck screen too on ofw but i remove the tiny and install the original rp and all work fine... i think these chips are bad but can 'i do something to recover them ?
Post automatically merged:

I use waveshaee rp2040 tiny chip, all is working. Check if you have an original rp2040 tiny and not a clone.
it work with the last pico fw too ?

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
balck screen too on ofw but i remove the tiny and install the original rp and all work fine... i think these chips are bad but can 'i do something to recover them ?

it work with the last pico fw too ?

Check the resistors if they are 47ohms. The 3 resistors nearby pin 27 28 29.

And yes, the latest pico fw is working for the waveshare variant. Im using 2.75 for all my modding.

• Love
Reactions: chronoss

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ok but can i change them if no good resistors ? i think these are very tiny for desolder :(

To desolder them is easy. Just cover them in a blob of low melt solder. Just make sure not to bridge any of the nearby pin of rp2040.

After just add 47ohm on the pin header 27 28 29. Dont forget to bridge the resistor pads though otherwise you wont have continuity.

• Love
Reactions: chronoss

nclabz86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Those all have continuity. 1 to 1 and 1-2. 3 had an ohms reading of 14. #3 was solder.

I’m curious though. Source and drain are being connected to ground points on the apu. The caps we connect to is the ground side.

Point 3 is not soldered to the shield like it looks. Was just sitting on top.

There has been progress. Someone suggested to me about pulling a mosfet from a v1 flex and it worked the first time! Idk if maybe I got a bad batch of mosfet but I’ll be either ordering more or ordering some of the ones from the v1 flex. Here are the mosfets if anyone is interested.

https://www.lcsc.com/mobile/product-detail/MOSFETs_NATLINEAR-NP2016DR-N-G_C2991144.html
Its happen to me today 😭
Ordered 10pcs mosfet irh8342 from my local shop
And none of it working
I ussually use aon6414a and its working fine
I just concern about the size, thats why i try my luck use irh8342
I try single mosfet and double mosfet and its not working
When i try to switch to aon6414a its working fine
Im really sure this mosfet is defect or something

Attachments

• IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
To desolder them is easy. Just cover them in a blob of low melt solder. Just make sure not to bridge any of the nearby pin of rp2040.

After just add 47ohm on the pin header 27 28 29. Dont forget to bridge the resistor pads though otherwise you wont have continuity.
Ok thanks, i will make some test !!!

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Can u show me the resistor on the chip please....???
i can't read the schematics :(
Unfortunately i dont have the clone tiny.
You might track the DIN track of the LED using microscope.
Or just randomly check with multitester any resistor that connect with the DIN pin of the led.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its happen to me today 😭
Ordered 10pcs mosfet irh8342 from my local shop
And none of it working
I ussually use aon6414a and its working fine
I just concern about the size, thats why i try my luck use irh8342
I try single mosfet and double mosfet and its not working
When i try to switch to aon6414a its working fine
Im really sure this mosfet is defect or something
Yeah mine definitely ended up being the mosfet. Although the ones I ended up ordering on Amazon tended to be super sensitive. Had to replace 2. I think they’re just hit or miss. I’m not sure.

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the value of the resistor near the cmd one??
Switch OLED

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-47-58-449_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-21-15-47-58-449_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite-edit.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 17

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Picofly does not glitch with rebuild nand(original prodinfo present) but boots into ofw.

Error code:

Picofly FW 2.75 short long short
Picofly FW 2.76 long short long short

-The installed picofly glitch to hekate with corrupt nand.
-The picofly glitch to hekate with empty emmc.
-The picofly(including same flex) glitches fine in another switch where the original nand is present.

-NOT SURE: i might be remembering wrong but the picofly glitches to hekate with rebuild nand WITHOUT original prodinfo present.

I use @sthetix tutorial. I asked him what the issue could be but he unfortunately told me, that he doesn't use picofly.

Do you guys think that this is fixable by FW update for picofly?

Edit: tested with hwfly: same behavior.

Last edited by k28,

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Picofly does not glitch with rebuild nand(original prodinfo present) but boots into ofw.

Error code:

-The picofly(including same flex) glitches fine in another switch where the original nand is present.

-NOT SURE: i might be remembering wrong but the picofly glitches to hekate with rebuild nand WITHOUT original prodinfo present.

I use @sthetix tutorial. I asked him what the issue could be but he unfortunately told me, that he doesn't use picofly.

I am in another problem with rebuild nand. I can get in hekate but can not boot into ofw with rebuild nand using sthetix rebuild lv3. My switch just flashing nintendo logo then shut off. May i ask you which burnt fuse your console are on?

Error code:

And don't ever ask that guy using the term"picofly" again. The hating that dude giving to picofly is ridiculous.

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am in another problem with rebuild nand. I can get in hekate but can not boot into ofw with rebuild nand using sthetix rebuild lv3. My switch just flashing nintendo logo then shut off. May i ask you which burnt fuse your console are on?

And don't ever ask that guy using the term"picofly" again. The hating that dude giving to picofly is ridiculous.
Probably because fw 17 rebuild nand issue. Running atmosphere once should fix the problem. It works because atmosspere includes a fix for this issue. But you might want to check if there is a Methode without launching atmosphere because you may be flagged for a ban...

Edit: why does he hate picofly? xD

Reactions: superxoi

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Probably because fw 17 rebuild nand issue. Running atmosphere once should fix the problem. It works because atmosspere includes a fix for this issue. But you might want to check if there is a Methode without launching atmosphere because you may be flagged for a ban...
Yeah my burn fuse is 19 so the one i can do is 17.0+ . i did every step sthetix showed on youtube but the switch just flashing nintendo logo then shut off. Don't know what to do next. I bought the mainboard which emmc being damaged already so banning have no effect on it anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1