Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
thanks i will try it. Another question: i have a full backup of another oled. Could i use restore boot0 and boot1 from this backup, or is this also tied to every specific console?
Why would you need boot0/1 from another console? just generate new ones. The most important parts are the prodinfo keys wich you don't need for boot.

Eds05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, I want to improve my services, I would like to buy an oled to try the kamikaze mod (and not on one of my client yet), I have all the equipment to work clean but I don’t have a driller.

It start to be important to do it, I fixed 2 oled from my previous clients because of a shitty dat0 adapter, I have the feeling that its really hard to find good ones. Luckily most of my clients want to mod v1/v2. But I really want to do the kamikaze mod with mask it will be perfect! Im not comfy to reball, I would like to invest in a reball machine later.

Which driller should I buy ? I was thinking to buy a wireless Dremel, but which element I need to reach the dat0 point ? Which diameter of the drill ball (if we can call it like that)

My last installation, but I really want to get rid of of this dat0 adaptor and do it permanently.

Attachments

• IMG_4697.jpeg
    IMG_4697.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4696.jpeg
    IMG_4696.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I want to improve my services, I would like to buy an oled to try the kamikaze mod (and not on one of my client yet), I have all the equipment to work clean but I don’t have a driller.

It start to be important to do it, I fixed 2 oled from my previous clients because of a shitty dat0 adapter, I have the feeling that its really hard to find good ones. Luckily most of my clients want to mod v1/v2. But I really want to do the kamikaze mod with mask it will be perfect! Im not comfy to reball, I would like to invest in a reball machine later.

Which driller should I buy ? I was thinking to buy a wireless Dremel, but which element I need to reach the dat0 point ? Which diameter of the drill ball (if we can call it like that)

My last installation, but I really want to get rid of of this dat0 adaptor and do it permanently.

Why would u want to try the kamikaza mode?

Just get reballing stuff , and learn how to reball its not hard and the proper way to do it.

U need a stencil, past and a hotair station.

Drilling in boards is not the way to go if there are

Reactions: QuiTim and twins333

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

For the future if u install the rp2040 tiny like this it looks a bit cleaner

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_151743_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230806_151743_HDR.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 41

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
We have an issue with a v1, error:
==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)
Pics of the install and vid here:

Attachments

• VID-20230809-WA0011.mp4
    3.2 MB
  • IMG-20230809-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20230809-WA0010.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20230809-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20230809-WA0009.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Haha
Reactions: deeps and Dee87

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm working with second hand info and I was hoping the source and gate weren't bridged. Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation.

This should work, but we get the same error. There's another mosfet with the same orientation, for reference.

Attachments

• IMG-20230809-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20230809-WA0014.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by twins333,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm working with second hand info and I was hoping the source and gate weren't bridged. Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation.

This should work, but we get the same error. There's another mosfet with the same orientation, for reference.
now im gonna be honest i tried it a few times with 1 mosfet on the back of the board i only got it one time working but very slow glitch.

just use 2 on the apu and u will be fine

or maybe u destroyed the mosfet will bridging not sure if that is possible

Reactions: Takezo-San

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is resistance and size this resistor?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-09-14-35-16-700_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-09-14-35-16-700_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
What is resistance and size this resistor?
4.7k_0201
Post automatically merged:

now im gonna be honest i tried it a few times with 1 mosfet on the back of the board i only got it one time working but very slow glitch.

just use 2 on the apu and u will be fine

or maybe u destroyed the mosfet will bridging not sure if that is possible
Are you using 8342 mosfet?

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
We already changed 3 mosfets. The plot thickens. It seems that there was another person that tried to mod it and failed, the switch always boots to ofw. Already tried with a ribbon. Will try @Dee87's suggestion with two mosfets on the apu and will keep you updated.

Edit: Used these mosfets, which worked with other switches:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHg6lY7

Last edited by twins333,

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did enough reballing to be comfortable with the green adaptor, but Which goes first? Should I solder the adaptor to the board then the emmc to the adaptor? Or the other way around? Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Eds05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would u want to try the kamikaza mode?

Just get reballing stuff , and learn how to reball its not hard and the proper way to do it.

U need a stencil, past and a hotair station.

Drilling in boards is not the way to go if there are
Do you have a nice kit from aliexpress to advice ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol cumchip