Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a Zelda Oled a month ago and still waiting on it to arrive (should be here end of month latest) and to be honest, I'm still not 100% willing to do this to a brand new console but we'll see...
The console is mine and I have a bunch of "good" 4anchor dat0 adapters laying around. I can do the mod with them without any problem but damn man, I'm so tempted to go all the way on this one just for that dopamine kick
What u mean ,if u orders a brand new one use the reballing and throw those adapters in the trash since u can reball now :-)

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if damaged then it will bsod.
if its data corrupted then it will still boot to hekate.
On v1 or unpatched switch hekate loads fine without the emmc. On patched switches with the modchip you need a working emmc because modchip check the emmc if it init or not. But removing the emmc on v1, the switch will force rcm and hekate loads fine. On v2 force rcm works by removing emmc but you cannot post the payload as it is patched.
Post automatically merged:

IF anyone can help me with a question? Does hekate loads if the emmc is damaged?
It depends on what model you're using

Reactions: cgtchy0412

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
why do people hate on hynix so much? i've done a few oleds with sk hynix emmc's, including reball, and they work just fine. no difference from other brands.
I do suspect the unpredictable hynix emmc glitch times are a result of of questionable installs more than anything, The main thing that needs to come around are apu/cpu flexes with the transistors on for the picofly which I'd expect to help with a fair few issues alongside that emmc breakout pcb in the case of the oled switches

Last edited by danwellby,

sergiochendry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Help guys
Press volume - + in picofly logo
Oled cannot get ofw
Only black screen
Even from hekate
Still black screen

Attachments

• IMG_7993.MOV
    47.8 MB

sergiochendry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
use stronger resistors for dat0/cmd
I remove pico and still cannot get into ofw
Did you guys think this is because bad dat0 adapter?

I still can backup boot0, boot1 and emmc

Attachments

• B8B88678-211A-4580-8374-692F4E0FC872.jpeg
    B8B88678-211A-4580-8374-692F4E0FC872.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@rehius You're still around!! :D
Perhaps you could enlighten me regarding the relationship between the timings and the mosfet?

e.g: The IRFHS8342 has a rise/fall time of 15ns/5ns (and delay times of 5.9ns/5.2ns).

If experimenting with different mosfets I presume the timing may have to change...

e.g: rise/fall time of 1ns/4ns (and delay times of 0.5ns/12ns)

The faster mosfet is rated to handle the current and has a low threshold voltage (1V) so I thought it would work but it didn't... I presume it's because of the timings being too far out of the expected range?
I've tested/used IRF8342, IRF8714, IRFH3707, IRF8736 AON7506, AON7518 so maybe comparing specs on these one can give you some insight.
I've also ordered AON6512; BSC059N04LS6ATMA1; IRF7832; BSC150N03LD and will test them when I get the chance.

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So....if i buy an emmc ci from ali...reball it on lite...the hekate will load?

I'm getting bsod...amd suspecting that is emmc... if i buy an emmc module of 32gb from aliexpress and reball it to switch...it will load hekate if its a fried emmc problem i'm getting...after load i plan to restore the nand from a backup i have

Last edited by Flaviocarvalho,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So....if i buy an emmc ci from ali...reball it on lite...the hekate will load?

I'm getting bsod...amd suspecting that is emmc... if i buy an emmc module of 32gb from aliexpress and reball it to switch...it will load hekate if its a fried emmc problem i'm getting...after load i plan to restore the nand from a backup i have
I personally have not tried, so cannot confirm.
But if i want to try first i would buy emmc module for v2 then try to install it to a normal v2 unit and restore that v2 backup then see whether it works or not. The reason to test on v2 because you can just swap it.
After everything confirm then you can start to replace/reball.
In theory it should work.

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested/used IRF8342, IRF8714, IRFH3707, IRF8736 AON7506, AON7518 so maybe comparing specs on these one can give you some insight.
I've also ordered AON6512; BSC059N04LS6ATMA1; IRF7832; BSC150N03LD and will test them when I get the chance.
Thing I noticed, IRF8342 always require the sda and scl wires I modded 7 switches all of them required the sda and scl wire idk. I think IRF8342 is a weak mosfet compared to AON one. My friend used the AON and it always work without sda and scl.

Reactions: QuiTim

floxcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks @QuiTim. Yeah, I ordered a few of those to experiment with. I think I'll knock up a spreadsheet to compare 😄

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally have not tried, so cannot confirm.
But if i want to try first i would buy emmc module for v2 then try to install it to a normal v2 unit and restore that v2 backup then see whether it works or not. The reason to test on v2 because you can just swap it.
After everything confirm then you can start to replace/reball.
In theory it should work.
It will work buy a whole emmc with duaghter board not just chip. and restore it using hekate.

Thanks @QuiTim. Yeah, I ordered a few of those to experiment with. I think I'll knock up a spreadsheet to compare 😄
AON7506 worked the Best which I noticed. No SDA and SCL wires required. In theory I think this mosfet is stable at glitching. Thanks to @QuiTim for letting us know about the mosfet.

Last edited by bilalhassan341,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thing I noticed, IRF8342 always require the sda and scl wires I modded 7 switches all of them required the sda and scl wire idk. I think IRF8342 is a weak mosfet compared to AON one. My friend used the AON and it always work without sda and scl.
I used irf8342 *edit* 3 times but it did not require sda/scl. It might be a combination of factors such as switch model, wires, mosfet and maybe something else that we are not aware of.
But you are right irf8342 is weak compared to other options out there and as far as i know it was chosen because of the similarities with np2016, and np2016 was probably chosen because of the price and availability in China where the boards were assembled.

Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: bilalhassan341

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if u use only one mosfet maybe .
i never tried with one and sda/scl but i have moded almost 40 switche always with 2 mosfets since thats what we used since the beginning and i never had to used sda/scl

i did try one without sda and scl didnt work so thats why i just stick to 2 mosfets

maybe if u use then u will be required to use those do point

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u use only one mosfet maybe .
i never tried with one and sda/scl but i have moded almost 40 switche always with 2 mosfets since thats what we used since the beginning and i never had to used sda/scl

i did try one without sda and scl didnt work so thats why i just stick to 2 mosfets

maybe if u use then u will be required to use those do point
I always use the single mosfet but IRF8342 didn't work if placed as a single. But others I tested like the AON7506 it always work as a single mosfet without SDA and SCL. That why I switched to single IRF8342 with SDA SCL wires, and the AON7506 as a single mosfet without SDA SCL wires.

Reason: Placing two mosfet and soldering is not easy. But placing one with SDA SCL wires or I just use the stronger one like AON if I have them around.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always use the single mosfet but IRF8342 didn't work if placed as a single. But others I tested like the AON7506 it always work as a single mosfet without SDA and SCL. That why I switched to single IRF8342 with SDA SCL wires, and the AON7506 as a single mosfet without SDA SCL wires.

Reason: Placing two mosfet and soldering is not easy. But placing one with SDA SCL wires or I just use the stronger one like AON if I have them around.
okay well that might be the reason , but i mean its not hard to place them a little help of uv mask ;-) doenst really take alot longer then one in my eyes.

but everyone has his preferences

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car