Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so installed the missing 10k Resistor today and.....still nothing. BSOD! Replaced a missing cap on the APU and removed all the lingering wires from the Pico install from the various points too. IPA cleaned it all over but still nothing. I'm literally fresh out of ideas and now thinking of buying a voltage injection/thermal cam to diagnose it but I wanted to ask, will the BSOD be because of a short or will I be wasting my money? Also, if anyone cares to have another look at the amended, but still BSOD, board. Thar she blows:

Edit: Found some scratched of mask under the battery connector from my foolish way use of tweezers to connect/disconnect the battery. And done some tests. Also removed the solder mask near the rst point on the resistors but got nothing. just cleaning up everything i can.
My switch also gave the Blue screen because the nand got corrupted. But it still boot into Hekate try to install the pico and see if it boots.
Post automatically merged:

How many coils are there on V2 switch board? @QuiTim you suggests me to check the coils because of buzzing sound from the board but I have found only one coil. What are the locations and how many are there on v2 board. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Last edited by bilalhassan341,

AngelCardenash

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got a successful installation of the picofly, start hetake the first two days, just after connecting the charger with the swicth off hetake stop starting, now just start the OFW and there is no way to start in hetake, the fly peak flashes blue and then green
“The Flex had been damaged in v1, I had to change it and everything works without problems. I still cannot assure that it will be damaged by connecting the charger with the Nintendo switch off, but I recommend not doing it much more if it is an unofficial charger. So far I have been using the new Flex for 3 days and everything works without problems. I have avoided connecting the charger when the Nintendo switch is off and everything works correctly.”

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
ruVAO1K.jpg

V2.73 working flawlessly on Toshiba.
I like that wiring, very neat. What kind of wire / gauge did you use?

Reactions: Sainty

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ruVAO1K.jpg

V2.73 working flawlessly on Toshiba.
CtVAIBY.jpg

A couple of observations:
They switched over USBC interface but supplied doesn't fit on chip socket
Dat0 adapter supplied is crap but build chip quality is good
Looks nice.
I would suggest, as a best practice, to refrain from wiring the Pico cables too close to the coils on the switch just as a precaution as we might get some signal interference

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I tried to search the thread for answers but couldn't find much. I have an issue with slow glitching Picofly on an OLED. (2.73 firmware) I used the HWFLY CPU cable and soldered pin 3 on the cable to the CPU pin on the Picofly. about 50% of the time that I turn it on it takes an unusually long time to glitch. Around 15-20 seconds. But then other times it glitches within 2 seconds.

I checked the diode readings on the CPU pin on the Picofly side and it was around 1.100 with black probe on ground. SP1 and SP2 measured in diode mode show ground on one side and ~20 ohms on the other sides (respectively).

I have done other OLED Picoflys using dual mosfets and I didn't have any issues which makes me think its the CPU flex cable but I don't see what exactly is wrong because the connections appear solid. Is it because I only soldered the CPU wire to pin 3 and not both pin 3 and 4? I seen people saying that they're connected so you only need to solder to pin 3. Any suggestions?

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
This has me questioning myself now. https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10160786

Been reading far back trying to catch up to the current times. I am gathering the parts to install this PicoFly so am just playing with flashing the PicoFly firmware.

Current PicoFlyGuide v6.1 Doesn't says the statement quoted above. I says the following (I assume is this was one of the changes):

"
If the LED flashes Yellow once, GREAT, you don't need to
do anything special, however, if you get multiple flashes,
or no flash at all, the flash was unsuccessful and you
need to attempt flashing the firmware once again.
You can hold the boot button, plug your RP2040-Zero back
into your computer, flash the .uf2 to the board again and
look for a Yellow LED flash now."

I attached a small video link of what I did. If you guys be so kind to let me know if I done it correctly or If I need to bridge the RGB jumper. TIA

Mine does the same with 2.73. Since 2.70 you don't need to bridge, the error codes are now pulse based instead of color.

Reactions: jadehawk

juanvlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I like that wiring, very neat. What kind of wire / gauge did you use?
awg36 ul10064 u´ll find on ali
Does this chip supports the new SDA and SCL Points??..
don´t see any other points on the chip to wire it up and using flex don´t need it
Looks nice.
I would suggest, as a best practice, to refrain from wiring the Pico cables too close to the coils on the switch just as a precaution as we might get some signal interference
thanks, ll take care of this
Thanks to @rehius for his usefull fail led code implemetation

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi I tried to search the thread for answers but couldn't find much. I have an issue with slow glitching Picofly on an OLED. (2.73 firmware) I used the HWFLY CPU cable and soldered pin 3 on the cable to the CPU pin on the Picofly. about 50% of the time that I turn it on it takes an unusually long time to glitch. Around 15-20 seconds. But then other times it glitches within 2 seconds.

I checked the diode readings on the CPU pin on the Picofly side and it was around 1.100 with black probe on ground. SP1 and SP2 measured in diode mode show ground on one side and ~20 ohms on the other sides (respectively).

I have done other OLED Picoflys using dual mosfets and I didn't have any issues which makes me think its the CPU flex cable but I don't see what exactly is wrong because the connections appear solid. Is it because I only soldered the CPU wire to pin 3 and not both pin 3 and 4? I seen people saying that they're connected so you only need to solder to pin 3. Any suggestions?
You might check the Dat0 adapter, if you use it.
I met cases when the pico glitching until timeout, turn out its the dat0 adapter.
Shift it a little bit to right and the glitch works.

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello, i made a standard switch, and the atm works great, but when i start it in ofw, the nintendo logo appears and a black screen, is it bricked? do you have any solution? I haven't backed up the nand yet

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
hello, i made a standard switch, and the atm works great, but when i start it in ofw, the nintendo logo appears and a black screen, is it bricked? do you have any solution? I haven't backed up the nand yet
What version is the firmware. A very old firmware had that bug.

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might check the Dat0 adapter, if you use it.
I met cases when the pico glitching until timeout, turn out its the dat0 adapter.
Shift it a little bit to right and the glitch works.
Okay thanks I will see if that helps. Although it has never failed to glitch it just takes 20+ seconds sometimes. Its very random. Sometimes it will take 2 seconds, sometimes around 10 seconds, and occasionally 20+ seconds.

Last edited by Switxh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea you already told me, you didnt feel like updating often your page or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Only good use of a Fire Stick is to pirate movies. I know that the models before HD (I think) is easy to enable dev mode.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Firestick is just android until they change os
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, soooooo I'm slowly returning to Roblox and last night I played the games on that platform with a friend of mine from there who apparently missed me. Is that ok?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its ok, I'll allow it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you gift him roblox buks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although i have 14 robux (somebody gave me)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Al quit the drug industry and got into robloxbucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reject modernity, embrace tradition lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reject tradition embrace modernity
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck Thanksgiving
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Reject modesty, embrace bdsm!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batman and Robin fanart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bruce banner having a night out, gets angry
    Robin rule 34
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Robin can't speak around catwoman
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is fun to learn my dental insurance is owned under Canada must be some peace treaty sun life has with them
    The maple syrup rots your teeth you pay to get them fixed Canada wins both times!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You rot my brain
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i rot you guys' brains too (i think)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if so i'm sorry for the fuckin bakerman brain rot
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wut