Homebrew photos disapear from dsi after hiya cfw

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i have installed hiya cfw on my dsi and the photos disappeared from the album i asked in a forum and they said you need to access the nand backup second partition and put the photos on the sd card i asked how and he said fuse 3ds , i really don't know how to use it is there a guide/tutorial of how to do it? and is there an eaisier way of doing it ? your help is appreciated

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have installed hiya cfw on my dsi and the photos disappeared from the album i asked in a forum and they said you need to access the nand backup second partition and put the photos on the sd card i asked how and he said fuse 3ds , i really don't know how to use it is there a guide/tutorial of how to do it? and is there an eaisier way of doing it ? your help is appreciated
Photos saved on twl_photo partition are not be transferred to SDNAND. Booting to SysNAND should bring them up once again – if you did not actually delete your pictures.

In case you did delete them: Do not take any new photos! Data recovery software (in conjunction with ninfs – formally fuse-3ds) might be able to bring them back if they have not yet been overwritten.

First boot into SysNAND and see what happens. For accessing the pictures on the SD album you have to restore pit.bin in case you used Memory pit.

Reactions: Alexander1970

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thx but how do I boot to sysnand now (from what I understand after hiya the system boots from sd a normal dsi would boot from it's nand)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thx but how do I boot to sysnand now (from what I understand after hiya the system boots from sd a normal dsi would boot from it's nand)

Hold (A) and (B) while turning on the DSi and select "Launcher" from File Menu

Normal_Launcher.png

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I go back to sd nand (I think if I restart it will automatically launch sd nand) right? Tell me if there is a right way
Unless you change the boot options with the menu – surprise – "Options" this is temporary.

In the menu "Options" you can set what to boot when turning on while holding each button – or not button at all. For example like this (my settings):
  • Holding (A) → Load File Menu
  • Holding (Y) → Load "Launcher" (SysNAND)
  • Holding (B) → Load GodMode9i
  • Hold no button → Load HiyaCFW/SDNAND or TWiLight Menu++
(A)+(B) while turning on is a fixed combo to ensure you can get to File Menu in case of wrong configuration.

Reactions: Alexander1970

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Photos saved on twl_photo partition are not be transferred to SDNAND. Booting to SysNAND should bring them up once again – if you did not actually delete your pictures.

In case you did delete them: Do not take any new photos! Data recovery software (in conjunction with ninfs – formally fuse-3ds) might be able to bring them back if they have not yet been overwritten.

First boot into SysNAND and see what happens. For accessing the pictures on the SD album you have to restore pit.bin in case you used Memory pit.
ok I opened sysnand and th pics are still there (I think that means I didn't delete them) now how do i move them to sd nand? Thanks for the help

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok I opened sysnand and th pics are still there (I think that means I didn't delete them) now how do i move them to sd nand? Thanks for the help
The "Memory Pit" exploit must not be on the SD.
  • Boot into SysNAND and open the camera app
    • There are normal data management options somewhere
    • Copy the photos from system to SD with this tool
  • Boot into SDNAND and open the camera app there.
    • Use data management to copy photos from SD to system
    • In this case both, the system and SD are technically on the same partition. But the DSi software does not "know" this and will happily copy the pictures from SD to system (SDNAND).

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
    • In this case both, the system and SD are technically on the same partition. But the DSi software does not "know" this and will happily copy the pictures from SD to system (SDNAND).
Thx bro and what is the memory pit exploit?

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Oh you mean the exploit via camera to open dsi homebrew right? I don't have that I enter via flipnote lenny

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh you mean the exploit via camera to open dsi homebrew right? I don't have that I enter via flipnote lenny
So I think I can do this without problems since hb menu won't launch if I open sd/album

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Help bro

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's the matter? If you never used the camera exploit there should be no obstacles.

I just did it on my DSi:
  • Boot SysNAND
  • Transfer photos SysNAND → SD
  • Reboot to SDNAND
  • Transfer SD → SDNAND.
I got one complaint about corrupted database (???) but everything works. All photos are there and after taping on that "star, clubs, heart" symbols for some of them, they started to appear randomly on the top screen like on SysNAND.

If you want further help: Please describe your issue(s).

oom12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
What's the matter? If you never used the camera exploit there should be no obstacles.

I just did it on my DSi:
  • Boot SysNAND
  • Transfer photos SysNAND → SD
  • Reboot to SDNAND
  • Transfer SD → SDNAND.
I got one complaint about corrupted database (???) but everything works. All photos are there and after taping on that "star, clubs, heart" symbols for some of them, they started to appear randomly on the top screen like on SysNAND.

If you want further help: Please describe your issue(s).
Thx bro now they are on sd nand but don't appear randomly on system menu have a fix?

Swordman_343

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help I am also having a similar issue whereas all my system memory photos and sd card photos have been erased after installing Hiya cfw on my Nintendo Dsi. Please let me know if there is any way that I can recover my photos. Thank you!

Swordman_343

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help I am also having a similar issue whereas all my system memory photos and sd card photos have been erased after installing Hiya cfw on my Nintendo Dsi. Please let me know if there is any way that I can recover my photos. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1