Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy gets release date for this April

ace_attorney_trilogy.jpg

Announced last year was the console version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, a compilation of the first three Ace Attorney games, remastered in HD. Five months later, Capcom has given the launch date for the western release: April 9th. You'll be able to pick up the game on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, or PC, in a digital-only format for $29.99. The currently released Japanese version of the game already supports English as a secondary option, however the official English release will feature a German and French translation as a free update.

Starting with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, step into the bright blue suit and put on the shiny new attorney’s badge of Phoenix as he takes on his earliest trials, beginning with defending his childhood friend from being falsely accused of murder. Proving the innocence of the hapless Larry Butz is just the beginning, though, as Phoenix begins to uncover a mystery years in the making. With the help of Maya Fey, a spirit medium and Phoenix’s self-assigned assistant, join Phoenix as he goes head-to-head against brutal prosecutors like Miles Edgeworth and Manfred von Karma and learns what it means to be a lawyer.

:arrow: Source

Vhestal

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't think it was a falling out. I think they are just seeking a wider audience. I think this is a good thing. May even see a Xbox, PS4, Switch and PC port of Apollo Justice, Duel Destinies, Spirit of Justice and Investigations.

Assumed as much but to see Wright on other consoles besides the Nintendo line is quite weird nearing two decades after its first release, peculiar and weird lol. I do hope so too, and how it would turn out now that we're only dealing with a single screen... again, hope that all controls and functionalities will be seamlessly accessible, it did work somehow on the GBA release but going back to it might be quite the stretch.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How nice it would be if at e3 they announced a new ace attorney with phoenix and a remaster of the 2 games from 3ds on nintendo switch.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Once again, no world wide simultaneous release, may I ask why? :blink:

Probably because the different versions have different difficulties being ported and the series is not big enough outside Asia for Capcom to care.

Heck Capcom reglected MEGAMAN of all things for years, and is know to make crappy ports of stuff it has previously ported right, so honesty, better start praying.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Aww man! All devices gets this game, even iOS has it FFS, but nothing on Android :(
drastic exists.

but aren't people tired of playing the same games over and over again? I mean if you wanted to play it you had plenty of opportunities to do so by now.
if capcom is so confident in the gyakuten saiban franchise, wouldn't have been better to localize the missing titles?

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
drastic exists.

but aren't people tired of playing the same games over and over again? I mean if you wanted to play it you had plenty of opportunities to do so by now.
if capcom is so confident in the gyakuten saiban franchise, wouldn't have been better to localize the missing titles?

Yeah I know about Drastic but it's not the same feeling using emulators in this case... :(

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened may I ask? Had there been a fallout, now that Wright is no longer a Nintendo exclusive?
Well, think of it like the Final Fantasy situation where it just so happened to be thought that the original platform it was released for was best for the series but now they wana branch out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How nice it would be if at e3 they announced a new ace attorney with phoenix and a remaster of the 2 games from 3ds on nintendo switch.
Considering they only release physical versions of the newer titles in Japan only and make it a digital only title everywhere else I don't think they would anounce jack shit at some presentation in America.

D

Deleted User

Assumed as much but to see Wright on other consoles besides the Nintendo line is quite weird nearing two decades after its first release, peculiar and weird lol. I do hope so too, and how it would turn out now that we're only dealing with a single screen... again, hope that all controls and functionalities will be seamlessly accessible, it did work somehow on the GBA release but going back to it might be quite the stretch.

this trilogy was first conceived on a single screen for the Gameboy advance

not much is used on second screen anyway, it was mostly used for presenting case items from the item menu, on rare occasion you had to do detective work, cant remember if it was on the second screen, as i have only played it during the original DS release

2 decades later Nintendo Portables are murdered by Smartphones let alone the best prequel not having a release in US or EU due to Sherlock Holmes license, and as you can see they still don't use the second screen much on the latest release, wish they give us The Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2 but it will never Happen....bless the fan subbers for giving us a chance to play them

and as evident on second release more and more is used on the main screen

its time the series got more exposure

Last edited by ,
Reactions: DarthDub and notimp

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beyondchristie.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, sure! I love that they're trying to broaden the scope of people who will be able to play the games by basically putting it on any platform anyone will own ever. But can we talk about how there's something reaaaaaaal upsetting about the fact they hyped up something big for Ace Attorney fans and then dropped another set of rereleases on us at the panel, which is clearly more intended for getting more people into the series than for established fans? :v

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I mean, sure! I love that they're trying to broaden the scope of people who will be able to play the games by basically putting it on any platform anyone will own ever. But can we talk about how there's something reaaaaaaal upsetting about the fact they hyped up something big for Ace Attorney fans and then dropped another set of rereleases on us at the panel, which is clearly more intended for getting more people into the series than for established fans? :v
I wish the sales show capcom we still care though

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announced last year was the console version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, a compilation of the first three Ace Attorney games, remastered in HD. Five months later, Capcom has given the launch date for the western release: April 9th. You'll be able to pick up the game on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, or PC, in a digital-only format for $29.99. The currently released Japanese version of the game already supports English as a secondary option, however the official English release will feature a German and French translation as a free update.

Glad its finally coming but this is ridiculously silly to not be simulreleased
:arrow: Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2